2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Read your post, the way you wrote it seriously insinuates that Housley being a great dman means his team should play a good defensive game. I am saying he was never good defensively and as such him teaching young dman how to play the defensive side is not something that is guaranteed.
Well Sylvain Lefebvre was never a great Dman, so why would anyone expect the Rocket D to be great just because he played Defense?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well Sylvain Lefebvre was never a great Dman, so why would anyone expect the Rocket D to be great just because he played Defense?

who said anything about great defense? I said at least passable, they stink as in the WORST in the league. I just don't see an issue with wanting 2 former NHL defensemen to at least have a passable defense even if they sucked ass in the NHL you would think they learned a few things over the years between the two of them.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
who said anything about great defense? I said at least passable, they stink as in the WORST in the league. I just don't see an issue with wanting 2 former NHL defensemen to at least have a passable defense even if they sucked ass in the NHL you would think they learned a few things over the years between the two of them.
I get that...but if a former player-turned coach past really mattered all that much.

Wayne Gretzky would still be coaching and the Coyotes would be a dynasty by now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I get that...but if a former player-turned coach past really mattered all that much.

Wayne Gretzky would still be coaching and the Coyotes would be a dynasty by now.

That doesn't really have anything to do with 2 former NHL defensemen being able to teach AHLers how to play passable defense.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Anyone good on that team? looks random to me.

Moving to Brampton in a month. Was going to watch some of their games but not so sure anymore...wtf is that roster lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who's the next call-up once Froese is demoted? Carr, Holland, Deslauriers?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who's the next call-up once Froese is demoted? Carr, Holland, Deslauriers?

I would say Carr, Holland, and Terry would be the 3 best options. If Hudon is to stay on the 4th line, Chris Terry can be an interesting call up as they were a lethal duo in St. John's last year. Also, Peter Holland may have had a disappointing season last year, but two seasons ago in Toronto (the basement dwelling Toronto), he had 27 points in 65 games and the season before, 25 points in 62 games. I wouldn't expect him to get that kind of production playing on the 4th line, but he has better NHL production than Froese ever did. And Holland and Terry would be better players for Hudon to play with than Froese, DLR and Mitchell are.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wow. Springfield make it 2-1 with a little over a minute left in the game. Laval pulls McNiven and Terry scores to tie it 2-2 with 50 seconds left.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That was all on Gelinas, fumbles the puck late in the game and turns it over right in front of McNiven who had no time to get set. First Lernout's skate and now Gelinas's turnover, although after watching Brampton's defense I'm sure McNiven is thrilled to be in Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
didn't know Audette could fire it that hard. McNiven, Jerabek, McCarron were the best players imo. Kind of a boring game until late in the 3rd.

When half of Laval are minus players, Jerabek's +12 stands out as only Baun +8 and Deslauriers +7 are even half way to Jerabek. He's now at 10 pts in 13 games as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
didn't know Audette could fire it that hard. McNiven, Jerabek, McCarron were the best players imo. Kind of a boring game until late in the 3rd.

When half of Laval are minus players, Jerabek's +12 stands out as only Baun +8 and Deslauriers +7 are even half way to Jerabek. He's now at 10 pts in 13 games as well.

Audette's had a few snipes this season. I liked him at the rookie tournament and at the regular camp. Even if he was among the first cuts, he made an impression on me. Enough of one to see he's improved. Now, every time he has the puck, I'm excited because he has good puckhandling skills, he has good vision, and now he has a real nice wrist shot.

I was listening to the broadcast on 91.9 Sports, and from the way they were describing it, McNiven was sharp.

As for Jerabek, he has real good stats, and he's played more good games than not. But there are games he struggles in. Nevertheless, I think he's played well enough to deserve a call up.

Baun and Deslauriers have been good acquisitions this year. Trading for Martinsen was a bad move considering what Habs gave up for him. But for anyone following the minor team, he was put to good use by being traded for Baun. And I liked Redmond in the AHL, but moving him for Deslauriers was a good move, as well.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Jerabek has probably played enough games to be called up now, but he will probably have to wait until we get another injury.
Schlemko should be coming back soon and take over Morrow's spot.
and Benn has been playing well.

I'd expect Jerabek to get the call over Morrow/Davidson once a spot frees up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jerabek has probably played enough games to be called up now, but he will probably have to wait until we get another injury.
Schlemko should be coming back soon and take over Morrow's spot.
and Benn has been playing well.

I'd expect Jerabek to get the call over Morrow/Davidson once a spot frees up.

I'm sure Schlemko will go to Laval again for a conditioning stint. They sent him there before he required surgery. Now that he did have an operation and has been out longer, I'm sure he will be sent to Laval.

And I'll add that both Davidson and Morrow have done well. Or at least much better than they did at camp. But Schlemko should be an upgrade over them. And I also believe Jerabek should end up getting a call up. I don't know what their plan is for Mete. If they loan him for the WJC and then keep him at Junior, then I can see Jerabek called up, as well as Schlemko joining the Habs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right now, Laval have 4 players in the Top-20 Top Scorers. All of them near the bottom of that 20, but in there nonetheless.

- Taormina is 15th with 15 points (2G, 13A) in 15 GP.
- Terry is 18th with 14 points (8G, 6A) in 12 GP.
- Carr is 19th with 14 points (8G, 6A) in 13 GP.
- Holland is 20th with 14 points (7G, 7A) in 13 GP.

In Goals Scored, Terry is 7th, Carr is 8th, and Holland is 13th.

In Assists, Taormina is 4th and Jerabek is 16th.

And in Points Per Game, Scherbak is still in the Top-10, sitting at 7th with 1.5 PPG. I could just imagine where he'd be if he never got called up.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Right now, Laval have 4 players in the Top-20 Top Scorers. All of them near the bottom of that 20, but in there nonetheless.

- Taormina is 15th with 15 points (2G, 13A) in 15 GP.
- Terry is 18th with 14 points (8G, 6A) in 12 GP.
- Carr is 19th with 14 points (8G, 6A) in 13 GP.
- Holland is 20th with 14 points (7G, 7A) in 13 GP.

In Goals Scored, Terry is 7th, Carr is 8th, and Holland is 13th.

In Assists, Taormina is 4th and Jerabek is 16th.

And in Points Per Game, Scherbak is still in the Top-10, sitting at 7th with 1.5 PPG. I could just imagine where he'd be if he never got called up.

And all of them pretty much vets.

Goes to show you want a good AHL team you need vets. You can't just take your draft pick from last year or year before and expect the team to win. Same as the NHL where If you just put all your prospects you wind up as the Coyotes or Avalanche.

Is it coincidence that the team got better as it added more AHL vets? Don't think so. Or is Sly all of a sudden a genius coach LOL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Audette's had a few snipes this season. I liked him at the rookie tournament and at the regular camp. Even if he was among the first cuts, he made an impression on me. Enough of one to see he's improved. Now, every time he has the puck, I'm excited because he has good puckhandling skills, he has good vision, and now he has a real nice wrist shot.

I was listening to the broadcast on 91.9 Sports, and from the way they were describing it, McNiven was sharp.

As for Jerabek, he has real good stats, and he's played more good games than not. But there are games he struggles in. Nevertheless, I think he's played well enough to deserve a call up.

Baun and Deslauriers have been good acquisitions this year. Trading for Martinsen was a bad move considering what Habs gave up for him. But for anyone following the minor team, he was put to good use by being traded for Baun. And I liked Redmond in the AHL, but moving him for Deslauriers was a good move, as well.

still not sold on Audette.

McNiven was sharp.

Jerabek has 5 pts in the last 4 games, and is a +5 despite Laval giving up 15 goals in those 4 games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Desipite Laval's disappointing record of late, they still sit 3rd in the North Division with a .600 PCT. Some teams behind them have games in hand, and the Rochester Americans, who sit 2nd in the division also have games in hand. So the standings can be different should any of those teams win their games they hold on Laval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad