2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As per Uncle Gary in the PGT thread from yesterday, Carr is back with The Rocket. I guess they needed a marquee player ... the type that nails 4 points in two games:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Juulsen’s been back for a few games now. How is he looking? Is he being a difference maker, or still rounding in to shape?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok wait so Fucale is now in the ECHL while McNiven who is having a well below average season is in Laval? How the heck does this make sense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Juulsen’s been back for a few games now. How is he looking? Is he being a difference maker, or still rounding in to shape?

very good, there's some rust but he looks better then I thought he would for being out that long and making his pro debut. Laval had a full 2 minute 5 on 3 PK to kill and Juulsen was out there on the first shift.

Ok wait so Fucale is now in the ECHL while McNiven who is having a well below average season is in Laval? How the heck does this make sense.

I don't know why they opted to send Fucale down for 2 games, and not just send McNiven back, or what their plan is once Fucale is back up this week. That said while I didn't watch last night's game yet, McNiven despite poor numbers has been pretty good other then a couple goals he needs to stop. Laval has been the worst team in the league in ga all year long.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
very good, there's some rust but he looks better then I thought he would for being out that long and making his pro debut. Laval had a full 2 minute 5 on 3 PK to kill and Juulsen was out there on the first shift.

I don't know why they opted to send Fucale down for 2 games, and not just send McNiven back, or what their plan is once Fucale is back up this week. That said while I didn't watch last night's game yet, McNiven despite poor numbers has been pretty good other then a couple goals he needs to stop. Laval has been the worst team in the league in ga all year long.

Difference is likely Mcniven probably backed up while in laval this week and fucale probably started in brampton so hed be getting playing time instead of being on the bench im just guessing never looked at who started any games

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Difference is likely Mcniven probably backed up while in laval this week and fucale probably started in brampton so hed be getting playing time instead of being on the bench im just guessing never looked at who started any games

yes McNiven was the backup and then started, Fucale got in 2 games. But why not just send McNiven back to the ECHL and give Fucale the start last night with Lindgren backing him up. It does make sense, get him 2 games vs 1 and who knows when he might play again. I'm just a bit surprised since they have done a poor job at times with just letting players sit for long periods when they could have just sent them to the ECHL.

Guess we'll see when Fucale is back tomorrow or later this week, if they send McNiven down or not. Although I wonder if they are looking at Fucale for the Spengler Cup again. Sean Burke who works for the Habs is still in charge and he did well last year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
As per Uncle Gary in the PGT thread from yesterday, Carr is back with The Rocket. I guess they needed a marquee player ... the type that nails 4 points in two games:

Can't find the news on the Habs website, and Carr is still listed as on the roster

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Seems odd, I guess we all have that underdog we want to see succeed, don't get me wrong I want all the Habs prospects to succeed, but for some reason I have a soft spot for Fucale.

Habs need goals, even after a 10 goal game, and they send back a guy who can score. Sometimes I really don't get this organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm pretty confident in Juulsen. The kid plays an all round game, has good size, skating and hockey sense and makes an above average first pass. To me that's a ticket to a good NHL career. I hope he can continue developing and get to the show soon!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Update on McCarron's injury status. He could be back next week:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was nice to see Carr right back up with the Habs and picking up another point. Real advantage when you are a AHL team a few miles away!

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
The team has been horrible the last 2 weeks....

I'm sure Holland asked for a trade but that was a terrible move for them. They no longer have any offensive threats outside of Taormina. Terry is a good sniper to put on a line with high level players, but he cant perform on his own.

ALL they do is try to set-up Terry for a one timer on the powerplay and its so predictable.

Lefevbre is doing what he can with what he has. They've lost a lot of players to the Canadiens. They should be getting McCarron and Sherbak back soonish. Gelinas keeps getting ice time for some reason while Bourque has played twice in a month. Doesn't look like development to me. Taormina plays the last 5 minutes of each game and is exhausted when it gets to OT (seems like it always gets into OT). Getting Juulsen back is nice, seems like a solid player.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Every AHL team deals with that issue of missing players. Jerabek, and 2 of Deslauriers/Carr/Sherbak are going to be in the NHL for the rest of the year. They must deal with this internally, like every other AHL team.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Every AHL team deals with that issue of missing players. Jerabek, and 2 of Deslauriers/Carr/Sherbak are going to be in the NHL for the rest of the year. They must deal with this internally, like every other AHL team.

I don't think Sherbak will be in the NHL for the rest of the year at least I hope not. Sure he had a great start but my god I hope we learned the lessons of bringing guys up too early. McCarron and DLR are perfect examples. Sherbak is too important to jeopardize imo.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad