2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doesn't Scherbak need to clear waivers in order to play for the Rocket next year?

Does anyone have a list of all Habs players that need to clear waivers, so that we can get a good handle on who might be exposed?

yes he does.

For waivers everyone needs to clear except,

Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Evans, Bitten, Vejdemo, Pezzetta, Addison, Audette, Alain, Bourque, Fucale, Juulsen, Lindgren, McNiven, Mete, Waked, Verbeek.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yes he does.

For waivers everyone needs to clear except,

Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Evans, Bitten, Vejdemo, Pezzetta, Addison, Audette, Alain, Bourque, Fucale, Juulsen, Lindgren, McNiven, Mete, Waked, Verbeek.

Thanks.

The reason I asked is someone in the previous page, had Scherbak as part of next year's Rocket lineup. Will never happen in a million years -- he'd get claimed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I also wonder if they will bring Korostelev and/or Beauregard back. I doubt it as I would think they'd already be signed on for next year.

They don't have AHL contracts for any team yet, check this thread for updates,

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-19-ahl-contracts.2471803/

Thanks.

The reason I asked is someone in the previous page, had Scherbak as part of next year's Rocket lineup. Will never happen in a million years -- he'd get claimed.

correct, he won't be in Laval next year.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
I'm hoping this time next week, Galipeau is signed by the Habs.

Then I would do:

Galipeau - Taormina
Plant - Lernout
Bourque - Fleury
Melancon

If no Galipeau:

Taormina - Lernout
Plant - Fleury
Bourque - Melancon

If the Rocket's d-core looks anything like this next year........ good luck

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup. Two other teams that are available are Greenville Swamp Rabbits in South Carolina and the Norfolk Admirals. Norfolk was Nashville's ECHL affiliate last year, but they broke off that affiliation in the middle of the season.

I recall reading somewhere someone suggest Habs should bring in an ECHL team in Trois-Rivières.

Greenville Swamp Rabbits? Love that team name. Would do it for the name alone, lol.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The D is shaping up
Moravcik- Taormina
Sklenicka - Lernout
Bourque - Fleury
Plant/Melancon

Depending on how the two Czech do in NA and if we sign Galipeau, this could be a nice group. If Juulsen and/or Mete get sent down, it could be a powerhouse D.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The D is shaping up
Moravcik- Taormina
Sklenicka - Lernout
Bourque - Fleury
Plant/Melancon

Depending on how the two Czech do in NA and if we sign Galipeau, this could be a nice group. If Juulsen and/or Mete get sent down, it could be a powerhouse D.

Wonder if Fleury will be offered a contract, or if he will sign one since the Memorial is over.

Same thing about Galipeau, would be nice to add him too.

Wonder if Bourque wouldn't be better served by playing in the ECHL...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wonder if Fleury will be offered a contract, or if he will sign one since the Memorial is over.

I believe Fleury will be signed to an ELC. I'd be shocked if they don't.

Galipeau has a few teams interested in him, Montreal is among them. So the hope is Habs offer him max deal so they don't get outbid. And then it becomes Galipeau's choice. His favorite team is Montreal and his favourite player is Shea Weber. So if I'm Habs, I'm arranging for Weber to give the kid a call.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I believe Fleury will be signed to an ELC. I'd be shocked if they don't.

Galipeau has a few teams interested in him, Montreal is among them. So the hope is Habs offer him max deal so they don't get outbid. And then it becomes Galipeau's choice. His favorite team is Montreal and his favourite player is Shea Weber. So if I'm Habs, I'm arranging for Weber to give the kid a call.

Signing Galipeau would be a huge PR boost too, Monteal kid winning the Memorial Cup, coming back home in Laval to play for the Habs.

About Fleury, best way to test his physical game would be against pros, then we'd see who he really is.

Let's just say I didn't really want him to be coached by Lefebvre before his firing, but now that Bouchard is there, can't wait to see him in Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Fleury will be signed at some point, there's no rush, maybe they will till the development camp but he'll be signed. Bourque should have spent a year in the ECHL, but now I don't know what they will do with him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another player that Joel Bouchard knows well.

2b62os.jpg

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Rychel - Evans - Froese
Verbeek - Vejdemo - Audette
Addison - Alain - Bitten
Waked - Pezzetta - Adams Moisan

Moravcik- Taormina
Sklenicka - Lernout
Bourque/Galipeau - Fleury
Plant/Melancon