2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Those of you in this thread who advocated Fleury to Laval this year, are on to something ...

it's the same thing they did with Scherbak, Lernout, etc... so it was a given that he'll be signed at some point since I don't see the point of having him go back to the WHL. I'm not a big fan of having 20 year olds in the CHL playing against 16/17/18/19 year olds.

Reactions: Treb and Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It was clearer and clearer as the year went on that the Habs/Beast affiliation was diminishing. Despite being Habs' ECHL affiliate, the Sens and even Leafs used it more than Habs did.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So it's this Daniel Jacob who's been hired by Bouchard ...

Just a little levity. The internet never forgets.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So it's this Daniel Jacob who's been hired by Bouchard ...

Just a little levity. The internet never forgets.

With Bergevin and Timmins the workout freaks, as well as Mr. 500lbs Bench Press Dudley, it was only natural that Habs would hire a guy with this resume.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
(Maybe )Froese,Evans,Audette,Alain,Vejdemo,Verbeek,Pezetta,Martineau,MCarron.etc....

What the lineup will look like? I guess it depends on veterans like Chris Terry and Adam Cracknell re-signing or not. Taormina still have one year left, Gelinas is probably gone.

Chris Terry/Adam Cracknell - Jack Evans - Michael McCarron/Kerby Rychel
Nikita Scherbak - Byron Froese - Daniel Audette
Jeremy Gregoire - William Bitten - Hayden Verbeek
Michael Pezzetta - Alexandre Alain - Antoine Waked
TJ Melançon

Haydn Fleury - Matt Taormina
Tom Parisi - Noah Juulsen
Simon Bourque - Brett Lernout

Does that make sense? It depends on lot of things obviously, but as a first look?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Orlando? They will need a team now that the Leafs are gone.

Yup. Two other teams that are available are Greenville Swamp Rabbits in South Carolina and the Norfolk Admirals. Norfolk was Nashville's ECHL affiliate last year, but they broke off that affiliation in the middle of the season.

I recall reading somewhere someone suggest Habs should bring in an ECHL team in Trois-Rivières.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What the lineup will look like? I guess it depends on veterans like Chris Terry and Adam Cracknell re-signing or not. Taormina still have one year left, Gelinas is probably gone.

Chris Terry/Adam Cracknell - Jack Evans - Michael McCarron/Kerby Rychel
Nikita Scherbak - Byron Froese - Daniel Audette
Jeremy Gregoire - William Bitten - Hayden Verbeek
Michael Pezzetta - Alexandre Alain - Antoine Waked
TJ Melançon

Haydn Fleury - Matt Taormina
Tom Parisi - Noah Juulsen
Simon Bourque - Brett Lernout

Does that make sense? It depends on lot of things obviously, but as a first look?

too many question marks since Qo's haven't even gone out yet but no way is Scherbak in the AHL as I highly doubt he could clear. McCarron I could see sticking especially if the Habs trade a player for a pick.

Then we need to see where does the new coach put players. They moved Audette to LW for some unknown reason and then he got injured a week or two later. So I assume he'll be at center but maybe not. Bitten, Pezzetta, Verbeek, Alain, Vejdemo (if he's on the team) can all play center or wing. The only thing I would say for certain is that Evans will be at center as he kills it on face-offs. Would fully expect Alain to be put in a good spot since his coach knows him.

Waked struggled most of the year, unless he takes a step forward I would put him in the ECHL.

If they want a physical line they could try,

Addison Pezzetta Gregoire

Taromina Juulsen (if he's there) would be the top pairing imo

Lernout could be there but has to clear waivers which I think he would.

Fleury, Bourque, Plant, should all be there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm hoping this time next week, Galipeau is signed by the Habs.

Then I would do:

Galipeau - Taormina
Plant - Lernout
Bourque - Fleury
Melancon

If no Galipeau:

Taormina - Lernout
Plant - Fleury
Bourque - Melancon

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I also wonder if they will bring Korostelev and/or Beauregard back. I doubt it as I would think they'd already be signed on for next year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Doesn't Scherbak need to clear waivers in order to play for the Rocket next year?

Does anyone have a list of all Habs players that need to clear waivers, so that we can get a good handle on who might be exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad