2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I guess these are the type of moves just to please some of the fans who still think language is the most important thing regarding a hockey team

Even if true, it still doesn't make any sense as there are hunders players more interesting than Moisan that are francophones. But there are TONS of anglos that were brought up with the Rocket this year that makes even less sense. So, don't worry, they are able to make stupid decisions without the language not being in play.....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It makes sense if the Armada coach is already hired and they asked him to handpick a couple guys he wants in his locker room. Which I'm okay with by the way, every team does it to an extend, you want a new coach to have a few familiar faces around him if possible.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Even if true, it still doesn't make any sense as there are hunders players more interesting than Moisan that are francophones. But there are TONS of anglos that were brought up with the Rocket this year that makes even less sense. So, don't worry, they are able to make stupid decisions without the language not being in play.....

No doubt at all
Let's just hope management completely changes down there going forward

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It makes sense if the Armada coach is already hired and they asked him to handpick a couple guys he wants in his locker room. Which I'm okay with by the way, every team does it to an extend, you want a new coach to have a few familiar faces around him if possible.
worst case if things go south with Bouchard...we can always point to these signings as an example of extreme nepotism

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
so for now:

-Froese-
Audette-Evans-
Addison-Alain-Bitten
Pezetta-Verbeek-Waked
- -Moisan RFA:Rychel
McCaron
Carr
L Shaw

UFA:Cracknell,Terry

Vejdemo won't play in America if not NHL next year.

Taormina-Lernout
-
Bourque- Plant
Mélancon

McNiven
?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
so for now:

-Froese-
Audette-Evans-
Addison-Alain-Bitten
Pezetta-Verbeek-Waked
- -Moisan RFA:Rychel
McCaron
Carr
L Shaw

UFA:Cracknell,Terry

Vejdemo won't play in America if not NHL next year.

Taormina-Lernout
-
Bourque- Plant
Mélancon

McNiven
?

He has an out-clause, but he may end up not exercising it. Maybe he won't make the Habs out of camp and accept to go to Laval. But him heading back to the SHL is a very real possibility. I'd bank more on him going back than going to Laval. But you never know.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

With the arrival of a 31st AHL franchise, the divisions have been realigned. The Cleveland Monsters (Blue Jackets' affiliate) will join Laval in the North Division.

- With the NHL adding a 31st team, the AHL still had 30 last season. Vegas and St. Louis shared the Chicago Wolves. This year, the Wolves become exclusively Vegas' AHL affiliate.

- The Blues this year enter a partnership with the San Antonio Rampage (former affiliate of the Avalanche until this past season).

- In turn, the Avs's new affiliate is the expansion Colorado Eagles.

Due to the arrival of the Eagles, the AHL realigned the divisions. The Eagles are placed in the Pacific Division, moving the San Antonio Rampage to the Central Division, and thus moving the Cleveland Monsters from the Central to the North Division.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mimosas all around!! What a day for Habs development. Finally, we have something going in the right direction.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not only does it fill us with confidence to have Joel coach and develop in the minors, but once a player is done there, they have Ducharme, Muller, and Julien waiting for them in the big time. The complete opposite of players going from Lefebvre to Therrien.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
happy for Evans, Bitten, Fleury, who won't have to have been coached by Lefebvre this year. Vejdemo as well if he's Laval bound.

Fleury going to Laval this year ?

Would love to have Cracknell re-signed as well as Terry and another good AHL d. TJ Brennan ? Andy Miele if he comes back to NA ?

By Terry's comments I think he's leaving for another organization.

Froese better stay down in the A this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Would love to have Cracknell re-signed as well as Terry and another good AHL d. TJ Brennan ? Andy Miele if he comes back to NA ?

I'd be surprised if Terry returns. I can see Cracknell re-sign with Habs/Laval, he wants to stay.

As for Cale Fleury, he isn't signed yet to an ELC, but he is eligible to play in the AHL next year. He can return to Junior, as well. But unlike the 2017 draftees in the CHL (Brook, Walford, Fleury, and Tyszka), Fleury is the only one eligible to play in Laval next year. The others, it's Montreal or Junior.

I also think Froese will better serve the organization in Laval. Last year, Habs made the mistake of making the Rocket veteran heavy. I guess I can understand since they wanted to ensure a winning product. But the vets took time away from the prospects. Despite that, your AHL team needs vets that can be used to help your prospects on what it takes to be a pro. Taormina, Cracknell, Froese, and maybe Terry, would all be solid vets the kids can learn from. Having 3 or 4 vets would be a good ratio, in my opinion.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Fleury is 100% going to Laval, can't see him back in the WHL.

I don't expect Terry to re-sign unless the Habs pay him a good amount. Cracknell I think he'll be back. Not sure what D's they will look at but must improve their blueline. It comes down to what do the Habs do, as Mete/Juulsen could benefit from AHL time next year but the Habs may be forced to keep them up.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Local flavor.

Don't know him though, underwhelming stats, but seemingly very weak offensive team.

Can someone chime in ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Local flavor.

Don't know him though, underwhelming stats, but seemingly very weak offensive team.

Can someone chime in ?

Âgé de 20 ans, Martineau se joindra au Rocket de Laval. Lui qui évoluait pour les Scream Eagles de Cap Breton dans la LHJMQ l'an passée, on peut croire que Dominique Ducharme et Joel Bouchard ont eu leur mot à dire dans cette signature, eux qui ont eu à l'affronter et le voir évoluer régulièrement contre leur équipe.

En 68 matchs la saison dernière, il a compilé une fiche de 34 buts et 32 passes pour un total de 66 points.

What do we have here? Looking like a Ducharme/Bouchard special. Coaches moonlighting as scouts. We'll take it.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good showing in the ECHL with 11 points in 14 games (3 reg+11 PO) at the end of the year. At worst, he will help our ECHL team.

And that's an area of the organization that shouldn't be ignored. Last year, Brampton was a Habs affiliate, yet the Sens and by the end of the season, the Leafs, used it more than Habs did.

They need to be prepared for the eventuality of an injury in Montreal will lead to a call up from Laval. And a call up from Laval and/or an injury to a player in Laval needs the ECHL team to provide coverage. Habs need to have players in place ready for the Laval Rocket, and that means having as many players in the ECHL as possible.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those of you in this thread who advocated Fleury to Laval this year, are on to something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad