2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Lindgren says that he had to manage his emotions all season long. He also mentions that it's not because he was offered a 3-year contract that things will be handed to him.

Spoke about how no one has any idea how disappointed he iswith how this season went where he only had 8 wins. Says he left it all on the ice and it's disappointing.

Reactions: MordredGK

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The coach and the GM should be meeting with the media, as well. However, I need to step out to run some errands. I will be posting any quotes and tweets when I get back. :thumbu:

Reactions: MordredGK

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The coach and the GM should be meeting with the media, as well. However, I need to step out to run some errands. I will be posting any quotes and tweets when I get back. :thumbu:

I'll take the lead ;)

''You need to be confident in what you can do. As a coach, you need to be. I did not have an easy way as a player. I had pressure at a young age since I had to put food on the table for my kids.''

McCarron need to work on his speed and explosion this summer. He needs to make a statement next camp.

Lefebvre blames the call-ups, injuries and character for the difficult season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Lefebvre is happy to work close to his family. Wants to come back next year. He's happy to be the Rocket HC.

Carrière happy of the work behind the bench, says the call-ups did well in the NHL.

Due to call-ups, we had 51 players there. We did the best we could. We have a positive future ahead.

f***ing foxhole...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How come the team still did a lot better with inferior rosters (first seasons he was there) or in 2015-16 when we had a lot of call ups too... smh

That coaching staff better gtfo.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
''You need to be confident in what you can do. As a coach, you need to be. I did not have an easy way as a player. I had pressure at a young age since I had to put food on the table for my kids.''

Food on the table for my kids?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Food on the table for my kids?

He has 4 kids and had them relatively young. He had some of them in his early 20's so keeping getting contracts was very important for him since he had the pressure of 4 kids depending on him playing hockey.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
He has 4 kids and had them relatively young. He had some of them in his early 20's so keeping getting contracts was very important for him since he had the pressure of 4 kids depending on him playing hockey.

He was in the NHL at 22 years old, no way he has trouble feeding kids with an NHL salary.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Voltigeurs and Ducharme are officially eliminated from the playoffs. So now that Ducharme's season is officially over, and so is Laval's. One would hope that the announcement of Lefebvre and his staff being fired and Ducharme replacing him is what's next.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He was in the NHL at 22 years old, no way he has trouble feeding kids with an NHL salary.

Well that's what he said. No idea what is salary was back then. Also, it's more about keeping the NHL salary (or employment at all) when you are a young NHL player.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Maybe I missed it but is it due to travel that the Pacific division in the AHL has most of its teams play only 68 games? Seems weird for a pro league that they only play 68 while everyone else plays 77.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe I missed it but is it due to travel that the Pacific division in the AHL has most of its teams play only 68 games? Seems weird for a pro league that they only play 68 while everyone else plays 77.

There are 8 teams in the Pacific Division, 6 of them play 68 games and 2 of them (Texas Stars & San Antonio Rampage) play 76 like the rest of the league.

The 6 teams that play less are all located in California (except for Tucson, which is in Arizona). The other teams that play 68 games are the Ontario Reign (Kings), San Jose Barracuda (Sharks), San Diego Gulls (Ducks), Stockton Heat (Flames), and Bakersfield Condors (Oilers).

This is the reason why the standings are always determined by winning percentage instead of points. This is also why the Rampage are last in their division, even though they are 3rd when you only count points. But because they played 8 more games than most teams in their division, their winning percentage is the lowest in the standings.

It all started a few years ago when the NHL teams decided to bring their AHL affiliates closer. What they asked, with the backing of the NHL, was to have their farm teams to play less, travel less, rest more, and practice more. The AHL would either agree to that condition or the NHL was prepared to start another development league to accommodate the parent teams. The AHL agreed to those terms and for the last two seasons, 6 of the 30 (soon to be 31) teams play 68 games instead of 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->