2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie

Apr 5, 2018
Saint John Sea Dogs season ticket holder here. Bailey is a great guy but he had a truly horrible year, made a ton of mistakes, usually unforced mistakes, that we didn't see last year. Yes, the team was horrible this year but as a 5th year overager, we assumed he would be a rock on D. Instead, he continually created turnovers. Being made captain may have been too big a load. The general feeling was he would have a hard time making a good college team next year.

Didn't see him that way at all,, but I'm not a season ticket holder, in the games I saw him play not a very exciting guy to watch,, kind of a get it out of his own end and keep it in the other end type of guy! However we think he will be a solid collage D man...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Every year we hear the excuses they don't have anyone, yet they have Terry who is one of the best players in the AHL he's put up 138 pts in 118 games since he's been signed. He was 2nd in the AHL in scoring last year, tied for the league lead this year.

Taormina was AHL defensemen of the year. Cracknell is a hair under a ppg since coming over. Gelinas has 13 goals. Granted injuries/call ups have crushed them but their defensive play is terrible and they have left their goalies high and dry too often.

Last year they had the chance to put one of the top playmakers in the AHL with 2 of the top snipers in the AHL, instead they put him on the 3rd line with Audette. The 2 youngest players on the team and 2 that had questionable defensive play and he puts them on the same line for much of the year. How much better would the team have done had he put his best snipers with his best playmaker?

Look at McCarron, plays with Baun, Boucher, Waked, Gregoire, when they could have put Rychel with him, Terry, Scherbak. Now that likely doesn't help the team but if wins don't matter it should be about doing what's best for your prospects.

Hopefully the entire staff is fired, not because of their record, but the decisions they make, the piss poor defensive play. I know that you can't turn bad players into all stars, but for 2 former NHL defensemen they should at least be able to get their team to play passable defense instead of a tire fire that they are.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Anything short of a complete overhaul in Laval will have me throwing stuff at the screen . They owe it to the local fans at this point, if only for this year's pathetic home record. They HAVE to bring in a brand new staff and start fresh, send the fans a positive message.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Sly getting the axe. It's about time.
I dont know hwy but i watched the rocket game on TSN instead of NHL playoffs. I guess i like the torture of watching bad teams play hockey.

1 last game for SLY tomorrow , thank god! He really needs to go!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval is down 5-3 in the 3rd period. Any loss of any kind, Laval finishes last. I haven't had a chance to follow the game as I just got home and focused on the Impact game on my PVR.

However, in the GDT Thread last night, I posted the video of McCarron's antics that earned him a game misconduct. Well, he isn't any brighter today. He drew a penalty. And when the Marlies player was skating to the penalty box, McCarron waves at him to mock him and the walking light bulb was given an unsportsmanlike conduct on the play.

Here's what he did last night for those who didn't see it:

Here's today:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval close out the season with a 6-4 loss to Toronto. So the officially finish dead last in the AHL.

Chris Terry got an assist and so is now the current top scorer in the league with 71 points. Phil Varone is at 70 and is playing later, so he may end up taking up the top spot.

So, with this fiasco over, here is hoping some serious changes will be made in Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Changes have to come. They just have to, right? You can't be this mediocre for this long and stay par for the course.

Bergevin himself said that he can't expect to keep things the same and expect different results. So if he truly applies this message, the Rocket staff (coaches and management (Larry Carriere)) need to go.

Reactions: Habsfan18

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like Phil Varone is scratched as Lehigh Valley prepares for the playoffs. This means Chris Terry ends the year as the AHL's top scorer.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
So, the Rocket's season is done...............we can expect several firings tomorrow, we hope?
They likely will happen sometime this week if they happen at all. If nothing's happened this time next weekend we can assume it'll stay that way IMO.

There'll be changes though, almost guaranteed.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Time for Bergevin to promote his friend in the NHL ; associated-coach in charge of the defense
:neener:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He is disappointed he never got called up to the NHL. And he will take the next few weeks to decide what he wants to do next in his career.

He commends Lefebvre's professionalism and that never gave up during the year.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Cracknell appreciates that the organization and coaching staff gave him the opportunity to relaunch his career. He would like to be back next year. For what it's worth, I would like to see them sign him.

They have a lot of young players and the vets did what they could to help them during the highs and the lows.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Grégoire wants his chance to play in the NHL. He says that he wants to pay his dues and that this year he showed he has some offensive abilities (12G, 13A for 25 pts in 63 games). He also says he knows his value and no matter where he ends up, he will prove he belongs in the NHL.

Says the coaches are passionate and committed. They're the first in and the last out and that they were always at the players' disposal.

Reactions: MordredGK

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Fucale was asked if he is sour with how the organization bounced him around this year. He said that everyone is sour with how everything went this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McCarron says that everyone has things to prove next year. And this year's results should be extra motivation for them. He also says he wants to stay in the organization that drafted him.

He believes that he can be an NHL player. It's up to him to decide when. He says he will double his efforts in the off-season to be ready for next year's camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->