Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hepo and the Broncos will be taking on Bajkov and the Silvertips in the WHL finals.

-ghoste
I'm trying to think of the last time we had CHL prospects face off in their respective league finals, anyone remember? I think it's happened in the Memorial Cup more recently.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Saw Mascherin live 3 times vs. the Hounds in the Western Conference final and I wasn't overly impressed with him. There's no doubt he's a decent prospect with some upside, but I find him to be pretty one dimensional. As we know, he has a very good shot and is pretty deceptive in terms of his ability to shoot and pass, but he's not very quick at all and I question how his game will translate to the next level. At the end of the day, I'd say that I'm not super angry at all about losing him. He's really good on the PP though, definitely excels with the man advantage.

Reactions: Kellyr

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^You guys forgot about Riley Stillman with Hamilton. That gives us 3 prospects from 3 of the top 6 remaining teams. :)

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Could see the skill but he was very green defensively. Scored a nice goal of the rush against Rask

Honestly I thought he was pretty good defensively for a rookie, better than what I thought he would be. He closed off lanes fairly well, had his stick in shooting lanes and knew to get back to neutral zone soon as we lost possession of the puck.

I don't think he'll ever develop a bone crunching physicality to his game but once he fills out, he should be able to handle some rough stuff in the corners and be able to rub guys out along the boards.

I remember his coach at Denver praising both his offensive and defensive IQ/game.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How did hawryljk look this season? I heard he didnt do well...still a chance he becomes an okay NHLer or is he probably gonna stay put?

Noticed he played some echl games...whats that about?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Riley Stillman's Bulldogs won the OHL championship and a Mem Cup berth. So will Hepo most likely.

Really pulling for Stillman to have a strong year or two in Springfield starting next season.

-ghoste

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You mean the Thunderbirds? ;)
I wouldn't be against it, but I feel he'd suffer the same fate there as he's had with Magnitogorsk and Kazan. It's a shame Magnitogorsk kept him standing still for so many years, though at the same time Kosov seemed to be content staying in that situation. He should've left (or ask to be moved) at least 3 years ago already, the trade to Kazan must've been a rude awakening for him to the business side of hockey.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into Panthers players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Maxim Mamin
Dryden Hunt
Henrik Haapala
Curtis Valk
Chase Balisy
Harri Sateri

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Can you guys give me some insight into Panthers players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Maxim Mamin
Dryden Hunt
Henrik Haapala
Curtis Valk
Chase Balisy
Harri Sateri
Maxim Mamin - Could become a very useful bottom 6 player. Most people like him on the fourth line.
Dryden Hunt - He needs to work on his foot speed. He's got some nice skills, good on the boards, looks like a smart player with some offensive upside but this is a speed league now and he needs to get faster to have any chance of making the team and having an impact.
Henrik Haapala - no comment
Curtis Valk - no comment
Chase Balisy - no comment
Harri Sateri - I think he has a shot of being at least a regular backup with dare I say, starter potential. Most here liked his play.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Mamin could easily end up being the type of guy that you prefer to have on your 3rd line, but he won't kill your team in the top6 if given the chance. Bergenheim of sorts with better hands, I guess.

Haapala I actually liked in his brief time with the big team, I thought he'd be more raw at the NHL level. He didn't get to spend enough time in the top6 to evaluate him properly. At worst right now he's a very good call-up option to have.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->