Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Okay, I know it's not fair to blame the goalie when your skaters can't get a single goal, but...

Montembeault got pulled after surrendering 4 goals on 12 shots. He is also 1-8-1 in his last ten games. Sure Springfield's meh but they're not this bad, especially when Sateri goes 5-2-3 during a similar stretch.

I know Montembeault has shown the ability to steal games, but he also has these stretches where he's positively awful and that worries me.
Agreed. I’m getting a little worried with him but he’s still so young so I can’t be that worried YET.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Monty seems to be better when he plays a lot of games / more consistently. Sateri got a bulk of the starts down the stretch for Springfield so Monty wasn’t getting consistent time.

Reactions: Rahooji

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Players awards were handed out at the T Birds home finale. Valk was the MVP. The can't miss kid has returned and is in the lineup . He was not one of the recipients.

Did you get the MNF award for most negative follower?

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Another promising Panthers 7th rounder ('16), left playing on top pair @ St Lawrence U to play in USHL before going to Boston College next season.
Prospect Q&A: Finkelstein on USHL, Transfer to Boston College
So if I understand this correctly, the NHL will count his year in juniors towards the 4 years of NCAA needed from his draft year to become a UFA. Hence in 2 more seasons at the end of his junior year at BC (2019-20) he is free as a bird to sign with the highest bidder. Sure makes a lot of sense to me to go with the team that will offer him the highest incentive pkg plus a direct line to an NHL job. Smart kid................I don't see him sticking with the Cats. Another NCAA casualty.

Incidentally, he will be 21 this Oct 1st. :(

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
How many games did Tippett get to play with Springfield?
Any thoughts on his game from those who were able to watch him play?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not exactly sure why, but Kosov hasn't played the last 5 games (game 4 against Traktor, games 1-4 against CSKA).

My guess is that Kazan had someone injured who returned to the line-up and Kosov was the odd man out, which is a bit odd because I thought Kosov was one of their most noticeable players (in the good sense) in the games I've watched. I don't think he's hurt (unless he was injured at practice) since his TOI in the last game was on par with what he's played previously, around 10-13 minutes. I was hoping that Kazan would give him a bigger role than what he had with Magnitogorsk, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far which is a huge shame.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Tappara is in a big hole, down 0-3 in the final against Kärpät. Only once in Liiga playoffs history has a team made a comeback from 0-3, Blues in 2012 quarterfinals against the top seed KalPa.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Repo suspended one game for slew footing, will miss game 5.

As long as he can avoid suspensions, I like his game by what I hear about him. Agitating bottom 6 player.
Has/can he fight? Not that I want him to all the time but just curious if he can hold he his own since he plays a style other players will want to drop the gloves with him.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
As long as he can avoid suspensions, I like his game by what I hear about him. Agitating bottom 6 player.
Has/can he fight? Not that I want him to all the time but just curious if he can hold he his own since he plays a style other players will want to drop the gloves with him.
Yup he’s going to be our Komarov. I don’t think people here realize how great he’s gonna be for us. He can certainly stick up for himself.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yup he’s going to be our Komarov. I don’t think people here realize how great he’s gonna be for us. He can certainly stick up for himself.

Love that he's a right hand shot too. Wish he would convert back to C but looks to be a winger going forward.
He should add some weight as well being 6'2. Our bottom 6 depth chart is starting to fill out nicely. Look forward to seeing him in Springfield next year and hopefully in a Panther jersey by 2019-2020.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Tappara's season is over, valiant effort to almost complete the comeback from 0-3 down, Kärpät scored the only goal in game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->