Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hawryluk is a minus 5 in three games with Manchester so far. He's on fire! maybe an NHL call up is on the horizon???:popcorn:

Who do you see in Springfield as a better 4C option for us next year? I hope we buyout Mackenzie or at worst make him the 13th/14th forward.

How has Lammikko been? Who else could challenge for that role and be physical and bring a solid 2 way game?

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
I thought this was a place to discuss players and share opinions, but apparently if your opinion varies from a "select few" then its invalid.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I thought this was a place to discuss players and share opinions, but apparently if your opinion varies from a "select few" then its invalid.

Or you could be helpful and answer people's questions about Springfield who don't have the chance to see their games.....

Or you can continue to rag on a player and vengeful spat with Batting....

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Who do you see in Springfield as a better 4C option for us next year? I hope we buyout Mackenzie or at worst make him the 13th/14th forward.

How has Lammikko been? Who else could challenge for that role and be physical and bring a solid 2 way game?

Lammikko has been pretty good this year imo. Injured lately so hasn't played in a month, but he's been relied upon a lot, especially on the PK. Big body and plays physical, reliable game. I think he'd be fine to play a 4L role

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lammikko has been pretty good this year imo. Injured lately so hasn't played in a month, but he's been relied upon a lot, especially on the PK. Big body and plays physical, reliable game. I think he'd be fine to play a 4L role

So once McGinn is gone, you could picture Mamin as 3LW and Lammikko as 4LW?
Makes me want Repo to convert back to C again then and fight for the 4C role then. Along with Sceviour and possibly Greco and Hawryluk, those are some good options for the bottom 6 going into next year and beyond if Tallon is true to his word on staying young.

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
Henrik Haapala played in the first semifinal game in Liiga today after missing the last two quarter final games (due to injury of some kind).

Scored the 2-2 goal in the 3rd

and the also the 2-3 overtime winner.

CrowSettere

Oct 17, 2013
Palmer, MA
Owen Tippet is slated to make his AHL debut tonight for Springfield in Laval. Here's hoping he'll provide us Springfield STH some dreams for the next season, and can't wait to give him our welcome upon his return to New England for the final games.

Reactions: Ghoste and Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Doesnt matter if you put up numbers in a Pro league, he will never become next years 40 goal man. No hope.

5-1 TBirds final.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Talk of Borgstrom sure went quiet. Was he as bad as I had heard in his few games?
The whole team was meh during those games. I wouldn't say he was bad, just didn't immediatelly jump in and shine.
He was expected to center the third line after about two days of practice.
1st game against Ottawa - linemates Malgin (promising but still very raw 21 y.o.) and Vatrano.
2nd game against the Bruins - linemates Mamin (a rookie with just 24 NHL games exprience and 3 points) and McCann (also 21 y.o.).
He made one bad mistake in the Boston that cost us a goal; it happens.The problem is we're still fighting for the playoffs so he's unlikely to play until we're eliminated, unless Barkov really is out.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Talk of Borgstrom sure went quiet. Was he as bad as I had heard in his few games?

The skill is very apparent in Borgstrom. The most surprising part is his defensive positioning. He needs to practise with the team and get the system down. Tough for a rookie to come in and do anything spectacular whilst being given 12 minutes on the 3rd line. He did get some PP time on the 2nd unit, but needs to show he is more aggressive on the forecheck.

No doubt this kid will be a game breaker IMO.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
In his first Game, he had not the Confidence as he played in the NCAA. I can skate away from each other and then score some Goals. He was really careful, where to pass and how to play, but he showed a good back check and defensive work. But not a NHL Player yet, you need the self confidence you have it and so must you play.
I also think the Panthers Front Office want put the PO hope on the Shoulder of Borgstrom in the baddest outcome lost the hope by a mistake of him. I think if the Dream in done after the early NHL Game, he will be in the Line Up, if they still in the run, i dont expect him to see him in the last 2 Games.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He was pretty solid, didn't look too out of place outside of one goal which was kinda his fault. He just did not light the world on fire & came in at a bad time. No doubt he'll make the team next season.

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Players awards were handed out at the T Birds home finale. Valk was the MVP. The can't miss kid has returned and is in the lineup . He was not one of the recipients.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Okay, I know it's not fair to blame the goalie when your skaters can't get a single goal, but...

Montembeault got pulled after surrendering 4 goals on 12 shots. He is also 1-8-1 in his last ten games. Sure Springfield's meh but they're not this bad, especially when Sateri goes 5-2-3 during a similar stretch.

I know Montembeault has shown the ability to steal games, but he also has these stretches where he's positively awful and that worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad