Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I can't stop worrying because I love him as a prospect. I wanted us to draft him with that pick....and they did!

Yeah, I'm stupidly attached to Mascherin.

Lol I know, I like him too. It just seems like some people are acting like he's the next coming of Crosby and how could be possibly not have signed him yet

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If they sign the guy fine. If not I’ll just have to trust that they’ve made the proper choice. My tiny brain probably couldn’t comprehend the decision anyway.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Lol I know, I like him too. It just seems like some people are acting like he's the next coming of Crosby and how could be possibly not have signed him yet
OTOH, aren't we always saying that we need more depth and more talent for our prospect pool? Mascherin is definitely one of the better pieces we have, so to lose him for nothing would be a blow.

Not freaking out as there's still plenty of time, just saying.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
OTOH, aren't we always saying that we need more depth and more talent for our prospect pool? Mascherin is definitely one of the better pieces we have, so to lose him for nothing would be a blow.

Not freaking out as there's still plenty of time, just saying.
Tallon has managed to lose people both 1) for nothing and 2) for next to nothing, so I don't have much faith here...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Seems Repo got under the skin of their first round opponent's coach, former NHLer Sami Kapanen. Repo was involved in a fight after the game had already ended.

Sami Kapanen kiehui Tapparan tappelijalle ja piti tätä likaisena pelaajana: ”Tässä on oikea kiekkoilumme tuleva tähti”

"This Repo guy is a real rising star in our sport. He's so grown up and matured now. (I'd assume this was a sarcastic jab at Repo)"

"Yeah, you can say that he's a dirty player."

Repo was being patched up and wasn't made available for interviews after the game.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Kosov with the GWG against his old team, as Kazan advances to the eastern conference final.

Haapala had 1+1 before he got thrown out on a questionable tripping major.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Tripping major? LOL

Is that a normal call overseas?
It happened after a goal; Haapala was skating away from his goalie towards the benches and one KalPa player was going past him to join his teammates behind the goal line, as they crossed paths Haapala somewhat (whether intentionally or not) steered towards the opposing player and they collided.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
I think Repo may make a case for making the bottom 6 next season. Tallon was very high on him after the draft.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Lammikko isn't ready to make the jump and challenge for the 4C spot next year (assuming Mack is bought out/traded) then I'd like to see a big physical in your face guy like Repo take it.

Mamin/McGinn - Repo/Lammikko - Sceviour

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Tbh I think Repo is at least one full AHL season away from pushing for a spot, too much depth (which is never a bad thing) at the moment.

He doesn't play center regularly with Tappara btw.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tbh I think Repo is at least one full AHL season away from pushing for a spot, too much depth (which is never a bad thing) at the moment.

He doesn't play center regularly with Tappara btw.

Capfriendly and Eliteprospects have him as C,RW so didn't know what his current role for Tappara was.

A year to adopt to the smaller rink and NA style game? How's his skating for his size and what does he need to work on to succeed over here?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Capfriendly and Eliteprospects have him as C,RW so didn't know what his current role for Tappara was.

A year to adopt to the smaller rink and NA style game? How's his skating for his size and what does he need to work on to succeed over here?
I don't watch enough Tappara games to judge, in general I watched less Liiga games this year than years prior. Tappara also plays an old fashioned (there's been lots of talk that they're hurting the league in terms of developing young players, when other teams have moved on to higher pace & more risky style that's closer to the current NHL) style of hockey with emphasis on the NZ trap and playing it safe, so even if I could hand pick which game I'd watch (TV package currently does it for me), Tappara games would be at the bottom of the list. Playoffs is different obviously though.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't watch enough Tappara games to judge, in general I watched less Liiga games this year than years prior. Tappara also plays an old fashioned (there's been lots of talk that they're hurting the league in terms of developing young players, when other teams have moved on to higher pace & more risky style that's closer to the current NHL) style of hockey with emphasis on the NZ trap and playing it safe, so even if I could hand pick which game I'd watch (TV package currently does it for me), Tappara games would be at the bottom of the list. Playoffs is different obviously though.

You know what line he's currently playing on for them? Would that style not play into the role he'd play for us? More defensive, defense first mindset bottom 6 player? Like the grit and size he brings. Hopfully it can convert to the NA game. Still young at 21.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You know what line he's currently playing on for them? Would that style not play into the role he'd play for us? More defensive, defense first mindset bottom 6 player? Like the grit and size he brings. Hopfully it can convert to the NA game. Still young at 21.
67 Tomáš Záborský – 11 Matti Järvinen – 71 Kristian Kuusela
81 Jukka Peltola – 44 Jan-Mikael Järvinen – 92 Sebastian Repo
25 Henrik Haapala – 42 Otto Rauhala – 26 Jere Karjalainen
28 Markus Nenonen – 61 Juhani Jasu – 20 Niko Ojamäki

Forwards today.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m a big fan of repo just because he’s an annoyance. There is never not a space for those kind of guys in the nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad