Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Updated heights and weights, most people stayed the same, at least according to Elite Prospects, but a few seemingly bulked up. Most notably: Ek, Soucy, and Sadek.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Oh man, I like their new jerseys a lot more than the old ones. After reading that article and only knowing what I know about their team from the last couple years and what I just read, sounds like they still won't be amazing, but hopefully they'll be a winning team at least. And hopefully Sokolov can really start rounding his game out a bit more this year.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Oh man, I like their new jerseys a lot more than the old ones. After reading that article and only knowing what I know about their team from the last couple years and what I just read, sounds like they still won't be amazing, but hopefully they'll be a winning team at least. And hopefully Sokolov can really start rounding his game out a bit more this year.

I'll say it - Their logo's bad.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Dose anyone know if there is a Traverse City roster available anywhere yet?And will the games be steaming on the web at all?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just saw that Iowa signed Edina's own Jack Walker after 5 years with Victoria Royals in the WHL. Last two years he put up 84 and 72 points, respectively, in the regular season. We'll see if he can make a dent in the AHL.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Was just checking him out. Never heard of him before today. I did notice that 2/3 of the years Victoria made the playoffs, he was their leading scorer in the playoffs. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it may show that he plays big in big games, or at least that his game doesn't fall off when the competition gets intense.

Hockey Wilderness article about him. Sounds interesting.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yes! He was very good at development camp. Fast, full of effort and decent offensive instincts, too. I think he is someone who could play on any line in an emergency situation. Could be a black horse prospect in our system, if he does well in Iowa and earns that NHL contract.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Walker brothers (Ben, Jack, and Sammy) are all good players, but it remains to be seen if any of them will be able to stick in the NHL. It doesn't look good for Ben at the moment. They all have good speed, offensive instincts, and smarts.

They are the proverbial rink rats. Live, sleep, and breathe hockey. If they do fail, it won't be for lack of trying. Jack used to play D in HS, albeit an offensively skilled D.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Svetlakov added two more assists today.

Btw, Traverse City roster is out and Minulin is still there as an invitee... any chance he earns himself an ELC out of the camp?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Btw, Traverse City roster is out and Minulin is still there as an invitee... any chance he earns himself an ELC out of the camp?

It's possible - Our defensive depth is pretty thin beyond Olofsson & Reilly.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Wild prospects were down 5-1 with 9 minutes left and came back to win 6-5. Kunin with 2 goals including the game winner, Lodnia, Ek, Mayhew and Estephan with one goal each.

Watching the game from the start to see how our big guys played.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Thought our forwards looked really good in the first period, not so much from our defenseman except Soucey. Ek, Kunin, Lodnia and Shaw looked really good. Bad turnover from Chizen in the slot to go down 1-0. Jack Walker was hurt in the first couple minutes and didn't come back.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Watching the traverse game rn. Vay looking great. Along with Kunin, EK, Sokolov, Kloos etc. Kunin shows noticabley more hustle then basically everyone on the ice. Guys a hound on the puck. Also as i'm typing, Sokolov shot just broke a light in the arena :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Kunin's gonna be the next Parise. Skilled grinder with a motor that never quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->