Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
NHLEs? I'm not sure what I'm looking at or how Lodnia is on this list. Call me a bit uninformed. :laugh:

The E stands for equivalencies. It's a translation number that takes a prospect's scoring in his league and gives a rough sense of what that production would be in the NHL. There are different factors for each non-NHL league. Lodnia's a ways off from the elites by this metric, but pretty good number for a 3rd rounder.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The E stands for equivalencies. It's a translation number that takes a prospect's scoring in his league and gives a rough sense of what that production would be in the NHL. There are different factors for each non-NHL league. Lodnia's a ways off from the elites by this metric, but pretty good number for a 3rd rounder.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation! I had never heard of that or the concept before. Pretty impressive for Lodnia then.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
do we have a roster spot available for sokolov or doesnt that matter till start of next season?
No way is he ready for an nhl game.

Cap and roster space is infinite after the regular season ends, but I think he would have had to have been signed prior to the playoffs to be eligible as a black ace.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, his OHL team was in the playoffs up till a couple of games ago, while Greenway was done what, 3 weeks ago?

Also, Greenway can slot it on the bottom six and just by size alone be a factor. Sokolov is a sniper to whom checking is a rumor, and is said to have slow feet by NHL standards. Don't see him knocking off anyone on our top 2 lines at this point. For all his success in the OHL, he is considered to be a project. Making the jump without any training camp or practice to the NHL is only for the chosen few. Going from OHL to the NHL is basically jumping up three levels( some would say 4)
OHL>NCAA>(ECHL)>AHL>(KHL)> NHL

A guy like Kaprizov who is starring in the KHL could probably jump straight into the lineup and not embarrass himself, but it's tough for even an NHL'er to come into a new team mid season and start being productive right away.

Greenway's effectiveness( and it's not like he's been great) is all about his size and strength, which is needed against a team like the Jets.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
just curious what made greenway ready for nhl action but no chance on sokolov?
One was playing against a more physically developed group of players than the other.

The avg age/size of player is significantly higher in college vs juniors.

Also, Greenway himself has shown he can play with the best even in the Olympics.

Sokolov, while skilled, is very raw by comparison, and has no experience with anything close to the physical level that the NHL brings.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It's obvious when watching Sokolov that he needs a lot of work. He has one skill set that is NHL ready, and that's it. (And that's his shot).

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
No way is he ready for an nhl game.

Cap and roster space is infinite after the regular season ends, but I think he would have had to have been signed prior to the playoffs to be eligible as a black ace.

Drafted players are on a team's reserve list. In theory, if Sokolov signed today he could be in the lineup as soon as he got a work visa.

It's obviously not super common, as the NCAA hockey tournament usually ends with enough games to get a player a regular season game or two and you don't often see CHLers jump to the pro's after the CHL season. But Kreider is an example of a player that signed after the regular season had ended and played in the NHL playoffs.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Hmmm.... Sokolov or Ennis, Sokolov or Ennis....

Let's look at it. Ennis in his draft+2 season he was nearly ppg in the AHL and the NHL, while Sokolov is killing a junior league thanks in part to one of the top talents in this season's draft. One is a long shot to play in the NHL at all, one is approaching 500 NHL games.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Let's look at it. Ennis in his draft+2 season he was nearly ppg in the AHL and the NHL, while Sokolov is killing a junior league thanks in part to one of the top talents in this season's draft. One is a long shot to play in the NHL at all, one is approaching 500 NHL games.
Don't worry, it's just the panic talking.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i may be the only one who cares but HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAPRIZOV! hes 21 today & i'd gladly buy him a drink for his autograph. wish you were here kirill, cheers.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well with Sokolov now signed that leaves 4 drafted players the Wild could lose this off-season (according to capfriendly):
Chizen- I hope the sign him just to see him on the ice next to Anas next season.
Kahkonen- Sounds like there isn't much interest.
Peterson- college grad, but he didn't do much at Duluth
Sjalin- no clue on him.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im probably too optimistic on sokolov ,while hes slow he reminds me of vanek. (prime vanek not wild vanek). i hope he gets his 9 game shot next season. maybe im the only one.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
im probably too optimistic on sokolov ,while hes slow he reminds me of vanek. (prime vanek not wild vanek). i hope he gets his 9 game shot next season. maybe im the only one.

I'd like to see him in preseason first. Doesn't his defensive game need a lot of work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->