League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I could see Trotz in Carolina.
With that owner? It seems like it's going to be a tough sell for anyone. I mean, they need a GM first. They're a mess right now.

Dallas seems like the best fit at the moment. They're built to win sooner and his strong suit meshes with their weaknesses pretty well.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
With that owner? It seems like it's going to be a tough sell for anyone. I mean, they need a GM first. They're a mess right now.

Dallas seems like the best fit at the moment. They're built to win sooner and his strong suit suits them pretty well.

He’s the type of coach they need to get them back in the playoffs IMO.

Only so many of those jobs.....I’m not sure “tough sell” is how I would describe an NHL opportunity. Why on earth would any team ready to “win now” chase Barry? Lol....

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Relatively speaking, for a top name, Carolina is going to be a tough sell. Dundon seems to want to be the GM and also cheap out on his coaching hire. He's just a very active and perhaps unwise/meddling owner. I doubt a name ends up there that has other NHL options. Maybe he lands a retread that just wants to get back into the game again regardless.

The biggest thing for Dallas is just qualifying for the playoffs period and Trotz knows how to do that. That spot IMO matches up better than anyone else in terms of what they need to work on in order to qualify and make strides. There's the whole Radulov angle to consider I guess but other than that I can't fathom why not. They've already gone through Tippett & Hitchcock. Might as well get the trifecta.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I hope Flyers wins tonight. They'll not eliminate the pens but at least go to game 6.
If pens win tonight. We'll have 2 more games at least, before playing the rested pens. Not good

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
First period... Philly flying around causing havoc. Could have been at least 3-4 penalties called on the Pens.
Second period... Pens fling around causing havoc. They get every call.

Sucks, but every year you have to play the refs + penguins. Embarrassing for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->