League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Remember while back when we were discussing potential bottom-6 centers and someone brought up Erik Haula as a potential 4C?

29 goals and 55 points in the regular season, just got the playoff OT winner for Vegas.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Must be something to have a deep team geared to humiliate teams.

upload_2018-4-14_16-48-12.jpeg

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Don't need to have a deep team to humiliate a one man's team that starting their backup goalie.
I'm sure the Devils will be going to Schneider next game. Similar situation that we have. The back up got hot while the starter struggled. Both teams decided to start the backup in the playoffs and neither of them have really played well.
We all know of Holtbys struggles. Schneider was even worse. I don't think he has won a game in 2018.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Remember while back when we were discussing potential bottom-6 centers and someone brought up Erik Haula as a potential 4C?

29 goals and 55 points in the regular season, just got the playoff OT winner for Vegas.
He would score 8 with 9 assists for the Caps. Trotz would pigeon hole him into a different role.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Leafs D seems worse this year. They were terrible in the outdoor game v us, and they're putting up no resistance to the Bs

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So now we can even accuse Trotz of doing imaginary stuff? Ran out of real facts to accuse him?
Anyone that has ever complained about Trotz uses no facts except that he has never been past the 2nd round of the playoffs. They say he is a terrible coach but have no facts to back it.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So now we can even accuse Trotz of doing imaginary stuff? Ran out of real facts to accuse him?
Right because Trotz is just a gem at developing young forwards. Not to mention that his offensive system is not particularly dynamic from a teamwork standpoint and is predicated on individual plays, so young players will struggle.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
who cares about developing, we need wins now with our top guys leading. btw boudreau played the most individual hockey ever... his young players developed fine.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
who cares about developing, we need wins now with our top guys leading. btw boudreau played the most individual hockey ever... his young players developed fine.

Yea it was the years with BB that made these guys true winners. They have great hockey IQ and skate hard every shift.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yea it was the years with BB that made these guys true winners. They have great hockey IQ and skate hard every shift.

Fake news. Blaming Bruce for players who refuse or just aren’t good defensively is letting the players off...as usual. It all the coaches...

kmart

Jan 23, 2008

after boudreau took over he developed young players... remember, they were a lottery team back then... he improved the organization. my point is, if u want the development of young players as a top priority u have to wait a bit more, the caps are not at this stage at this point.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Right because Trotz is just a gem at developing young forwards. Not to mention that his offensive system is not particularly dynamic from a teamwork standpoint and is predicated on individual plays, so young players will struggle.

There's worse, much worse out there. It's very easy to get a worse coach than Trotz. I cross my fingers for us not to hire a bad one.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
after boudreau took over he developed young players... remember, they were a lottery team back then... he improved the organization. my point is, if u want the development of young players as a top priority u have to wait a bit more, the caps are not at this stage at this point.

I think you are confusing developing young players and just having great talent. Playing for BB the team learned it was ok to give up odd man breaks all the time because they would just out score them. It plays a big part in the reason why these coaches come and go and none of them can get theses guys to play a solid system. Everything was based on great individual effort in the BB days. They had so much talent they won in spite of him not because of him.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Fake news. Blaming Bruce for players who refuse or just aren’t good defensively is letting the players off...as usual. It all the coaches...

BB had these guys when they were young. And set them up to fail by not coaching a real system. He let them play based on more talent with no accountability. I do think more blame should be on the players but I also think the first coach sets a standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->