League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Maybe they can call no goal on that play, but Dumoulin shouldn't have a minor penalty on top of that.
Yes he should have had a penalty. Anderson was deep in his crease, Dumoulin skated through the crease and got him with an elbow to the head. Not intentional but interference nonetheless.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
B's get 4 in under 6.5 minutes to take 5-4 lead on Canes. Tying goal includes assist from Kreci who caught puck in the air, closed hand on it, and redirected it around Canes defender. No whistle (obviously) on the play. NHL Tonight replayed the sequence at least a half-dozen times. Officials cannot see everything but this was incredible.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yes he should have had a penalty. Anderson was deep in his crease, Dumoulin skated through the crease and got him with an elbow to the head. Not intentional but interference nonetheless.

You make it sound like it's Kreider running over Price. Dumoulin was crashing the net to score with not a lot of room between Hainsey and Andersen. Of course there will be a little bit of contact. Dumoulin is a 6'4 D, he doesn't fit everywhere like Johnny Gaudreau.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You make it sound like it's Kreider running over Price. Dumoulin was crashing the net to score with not a lot of room between Hainsey and Andersen. Of course there will be a little bit of contact. Dumoulin is a 6'4 D, he doesn't fit everywhere like Johnny Gaudreau.
He skated into the crease and got Anderson with an elbow to the head. Its an interference penalty. And I didnt make it sound like Kreider running Price. Goaltender interference is a penalty that isn't let go way too often. In fact there shouldn't be such a thing as waiving off a goal for goaltender interference but not call a penalty. How does that makes sense?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the guy skated into the crease and clocked the goalie with an elbow, that he was big and didn't fit isn't a reason to give him a pass. Its a reason to give him a penalty for a poor decision. If he didn't fit, he shouldn't have gone there. The goalie has a right to be there. Not Dumoulin

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He skated into the crease and got Anderson with an elbow to the head. Its an interference penalty. And I didnt make it sound like Kreider running Price. Goaltender interference is a penalty that isn't let go way too often. In fact there shouldn't be such a thing as waiving off a goal for goaltender interference but not call a penalty. How does that makes sense?

Because it's incidental?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Because it's incidental?
I believe this is the exact reason for a no call or call. The ref has to deem the action to be intentional.

I think the Pens player was cutting across the crease fairly straight and the goalie initiated the contact by pushing off the goal line. The goalie has every right to that space and the goal shouldn't have counted. The ref was watching the play from the back side on the goal line'ish and probably saw the head snapping around and that is why it was called. I think that is a poor call in that case due to the goalie initiating the contact and the Pens player doing nothing to exacerbate it.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Jeezus - that penalty shot call in favor of the Pens with 10 seconds to play in the game was an officiating atrocity. Even Milbury and Pierre can't deny it

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
It's just disgusting though. Crosby, and then Sullivan, worked O'Rourke because of a non-call on a not really even borderline hold/hook on Crosby with about a minute to play that no respectable NHL ref would have called. O'Rourke did his job, Sid and Sullivan whined like hell about it, and sure enough, 1 minute later with 10 seconds to play they get a f***ing penalty shot to win the game that not even their national TV slurpers could stomach. It's gross.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I agree. Only way to pass Pens its to defeat them cleanly. I just don't like that "favorite" label, we're not and many past playoffs prove that.

The Pens will try to spin it that the Caps are favourites, of course, if the Caps finish first by a point or two. They are the masters of manipulation and people fall for it all the time.

They are the back to back *vomiting a bit here* champs and they would definitely be the favourites. They’ll spin it the other way, though.

Nothing the Caps can do except slaying the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad