2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Tyszka vs Brook comparison, which is way more flattering for the former than I would have expected. Brook still has the superior tools and upside obviously but it goes to show how positive a D+1 season Tyszka has had.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Tyszka vs Brook comparison, which is way more flattering for the former than I would have expected. Brook still has the superior tools and upside obviously but it goes to show how positive a D+1 season Tyszka has had.

It's difficult to assess what those differences mean? Maybe those are normal differences between players of Brooks' caliber and Tyszka's. Maybe two three percentage points is what separates a very good -man from a mediocre one. And then again maybe Tyszka is undervalued. The only way we can tell is if we compare Brooks' numbers to other defencemen of Tyszka's draft range.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's difficult to assess what those differences mean? Maybe those are normal differences between players of Brooks' caliber and Tyszka's. Maybe two three percentage points is what separates a very good -man from a mediocre one. And then again maybe Tyszka is undervalued. The only way we can tell is if we compare Brooks' numbers to other defencemen of Tyszka's draft range.

Defensively, Tyszka has consistently been above the average CHL Dman this year, on certain metrics at least. Stats are just stats obviously but I'd say he's had a good 17-18 all around, no matter what you look at.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I said all year how impressed I was with Tyszka, he hit career highs across the board, a nice pickup for a 5th round pick. He's got the size, skating, speed, and mobility. Good offensive abilities for sure. He is willing to pinch and has the skating/speed to get back in a hurry. I just think he needs to improve his defensive game, going to be very interesting to see what he does next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Michael Pezzetta and the Sarnia Sting are eliminated from the playoffs tonight by Kitchener Rangers. Pezzetta ended the playoffs with 2 points (1G, 1A) in 12 games.

Next step for him: Laval!

Meanwhile, Verbeek misses another game due to injury. But if the Greyhounds win tonight (down 2-1 right now), they will eliminate Owen Sound.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I think it's fair to say Pezzetta was a disappointment. I watched every game and he was a complete non-factor. Not even a physical factor. On the flip side, I think Soo misses Verbeek more than some might think.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I think it's fair to say Pezzetta was a disappointment. I watched every game and he was a complete non-factor. Not even a physical factor. On the flip side, I think Soo misses Verbeek more than some might think.
He has been a non-factor since June 25, 2016. Garbage pick

The fact that Jesper Bratt and Tanner Laczynski have been picked after in the same round makes it even worse... It's Crisp over Guentzel part 2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
4-0 now. Brook's season will be over.

5-0 now.

Aside from Fleury who is in the Memorial Cup with Regina, all that's left from Habs prospects are Bitten and Hamilton, who will take on Kingston in the Conference Finals. And Verbeek and Greyhounds will play Game 7 tomorrow against Owen Sound. Verbeek has missed the last two games due to injury.

Walford never played a game, but Victoria is out. Tyszka and Seattle are out. Brook and Warriors about to be eliminated. Pezzetta and Sarnia were eliminated yesterday.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Josh Brook and Moose Jaw are officially eliminated as they lost 6-0 in Game 7.

Brook ended the playoffs with 6 points (1G, 5A) in 14 games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I wonder where are those people who keep laughing at people who weren't enticed with Pezzetta and they were flashing his regular season stats....That signing was a big question mark. But then like I said before with this new rule of limiting older players in the AHL, might as well have Pezzetta playing the role of enforcer than to have to sign a David Broll to take a kid's spot.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
5-0 now.

Aside from Fleury who is in the Memorial Cup with Regina, all that's left from Habs prospects are Bitten and Hamilton, who will take on Kingston in the Conference Finals. And Verbeek and Greyhounds will play Game 7 tomorrow against Owen Sound. Verbeek has missed the last two games due to injury.

Walford never played a game, but Victoria is out. Tyszka and Seattle are out. Brook and Warriors about to be eliminated. Pezzetta and Sarnia were eliminated yesterday.

Really bad CHL playoffs for everybody included. Even for Brook.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I think you have to give some credit to Swift Current.

They were one of the best team's in the league in the second half of the season and its carried over into wins over Regina and Moose Jaw. they are an impressive team right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really bad CHL playoffs for everybody included. Even for Brook.

Don't agree on Brook, didn't see last nights game though and didn't see every game. The team didn't look their usual self vs PA and I thought the goaltending let them down but that series vs SC was sick, 2 top teams going head to head and SC just was the better team. Brook was one of their best players in the games I saw.

In game 5 they were double shifting Brook as he would get some shifts at forward on top of his D shifts.

I said in a previous thread but I wouldn't be shocked if SC wins the WHL and the Memorial Cup, they are a damn impressive team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not sure who I would compare Brook to, since the only NHL games I see are vs the Habs these days it's tougher for me to say. Love watching him rush the puck up ice though, wish he would do it more as he's got the wheels/skating that he makes it look effortless.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
not sure who I would compare Brook to, since the only NHL games I see are vs the Habs these days it's tougher for me to say. Love watching him rush the puck up ice though, wish he would do it more as he's got the wheels/skating that he makes it look effortless.

He reminds me a bit of Jake Gardiner for the Laffs. Great skater who skates heads up. Good vision and overall tools.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hayden Verbeek back in the line-up tonight after missing the last two games. Game 7 against Owen Sound is in the first period now. Still 0-0.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Didn't take Verbeek long. He has a goal. Owen Sound scored first to make it 1-0. A minute and ten seconds later, Greyhounds tie the game. 30 seconds later, Greyhounds make it 2-1. And 30 seconds after that, Verbeek makes it 3-1.

It's his 4th goal in these playoffs. He has 7 points in 9 games so far. And he missed a few due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad