2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched both Poehling and Evans games. Poehling played well but Denver was rolling and it wasn't the best goaltending effort for the young Slovak goalie for SCSU.

Evans played a really good game, was physical, creating chances, winning face-offs, just did it all. Sets up the game winner to win the Big 10 Championship in Notre Dame's first season in the conference.

Didn't see Hawkey but boy did he heat up towards the end of the season. In the last 8 games he's gone 6-2 and let in just 14 goals.

So tomorrow at noon the NCAA will announce the 16 teams that will play in the tournament that starts next weekend with usually just a couple games on Friday but a bunch on Saturday and then on Sunday as well.

Hopefully with some luck the 4 teams with Hab prospects will each be in their own region so we at least have some chance that all 4 will advance to the final fours on April 5th. SCSU goes in as the #1 seed, Notre Dame as the #2 so they won't be near each other but with Northeastern being a 3rd seed they could be in one of the regions that the other 3 are in.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
watched both Poehling and Evans games. Poehling played well but Denver was rolling and it wasn't the best goaltending effort for the young Slovak goalie for SCSU.

Evans played a really good game, was physical, creating chances, winning face-offs, just did it all. Sets up the game winner to win the Big 10 Championship in Notre Dame's first season in the conference.

Didn't see Hawkey but boy did he heat up towards the end of the season. In the last 8 games he's gone 6-2 and let in just 14 goals.

So tomorrow at noon the NCAA will announce the 16 teams that will play in the tournament that starts next weekend with usually just a couple games on Friday but a bunch on Saturday and then on Sunday as well.

Hopefully with some luck the 4 teams with Hab prospects will each be in their own region so we at least have some chance that all 4 will advance to the final fours on April 5th. SCSU goes in as the #1 seed, Notre Dame as the #2 so they won't be near each other but with Northeastern being a 3rd seed they could be in one of the regions that the other 3 are in.
Tuned in midway through the 2nd and Hawkey looked great. The shot that beat him was a perfect shot inside the post and then the 2-0 goal was into an empty net.

Reactions: dralaf and montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The road to the Frozen Four will begin next weekend. The Tournament Brackets were made today:

DYlY92BWsAEWSEd.jpg

Poehling and St. Cloud will take on Air Force.
Evans and Notre Dame will take on Michigan Tech.
Primeau and Northeastern will take on Michigan.
Hawkey and Providence will take on Clarkson.

3 of the 4 can end up in the Frozen Four. If Providence and Notre Dame win their games on Friday, they will face each other on Saturday and one will end up going home. The others have no chance of facing each other unless it's in the Frozen Four.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not a bad draw. SCSU shouldn't have too much trouble with AF, the #1 seed rarely loses this one. That UMD - Minn St should be a good game, both will be tough for SCSU but I like their chances. If it's Minn St, would be a fun game as it would have two of the top scoring teams in the NCAA.

I like Notre Dame's chances vs Tech.

Then you have Providence vs Clarkson, should be a good one. Clarkson had a big year so we'll see how they match up. If Hawkey continues to play this well perhaps they take it. A Hawkey vs Evans game would mean one of them is going to the Frozen Fours on April 5th. Both teams have been there in the past, both have young rosters, it wouldn't shock me if Notre Dame goes far and maybe wins it all.

Northeastern vs Michigan should be an interesting game. Hopefully Primeau is sharp again, I like their chances vs Quinn Hughes. Cornell vs BU should be a tough one, if Northeastern beats Michigan, I like their chances vs BU better then vs Cornell which have a top goalie and are well coached.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Usually we always tend to focus more on the memorial cup for obvious reasons, but in a strange turn of events its a nice change of pace to see something different for me with so many decent NCAA prospects in the talent pool

been fun

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also starting this week will be the CHL Playoffs. Tonight are the final games of the regular season. But most series are already determined even if some games aren't over yet.

Concerning Habs prospects in the 1st Round:

OHL:

Will Bitten and Hamilton Bulldogs face Ottawa 67's.
Michael Pezzetta and Sarnia Sting face Windsor Spitfires.

WHL:

Josh Brook and Moose Jaw Warriors face Prince Albert Raiders.
Cale Fleury and Regina Pats face Swift Current Broncos.
Jarret Tyszka and Seattle Thunderbirds face Everett Silvertips.
Scott Walford and Victoria Royal face Vancouver Giants.

No matter what happens with Regina in the playoffs, they will participate in the Memorial Cup as they automatically qualify as hosts.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Also starting this week will be the CHL Playoffs. Tonight are the final games of the regular season. But most series are already determined even if some games aren't over yet.

OHL:

WHL:

No matter what happens with Regina in the playoffs, they will participate in the Memorial Cup as they automatically qualify as hosts.
Think Matt Bradley plays for Regina too

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

OHL:

WHL:

I didnt know it was hold in Regina this year, will be fun to watch fleury.. I think the Titans will win it all in the Q, so people who never watched Dobson play will have a good chance to see him in action..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

OHL:

WHL:

good thing Regina is Memorial Cup bound as they are going to be in tough vs a very good Swift Current team although it's been a few weeks since I saw them play Moose Jaw and they were impressive. Should be a tough one for Tyszka against Everett but hope he plays well.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
I didnt know it was hold in Regina this year, will be fun to watch fleury.. I think the Titans will win it all in the Q, so people who never watched Dobson play will have a good chance to see him in action..

I also hope the Titans win the Q, but BLB is experienced, deep, and well coached . Halifax is extremely talented but inconsistent and has questionable goaltending.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
A smart Owner/GM would be plundering Halifax for their scouts.. but yet...

That is a legit question... What the **** does Halifax scouts are still doing in Halifax... I mean each year they have a first rounder from Europe.
Meier, Ehlers, Hischier, Frk (2nd rounder), now Zadina.

add to that the NA players like Drouin, Mackinnon, McIsaac, Weegar, etc.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
That is a legit question... What the **** does Halifax scouts are still doing in Halifax... I mean each year they have a first rounder from Europe.
Meier, Ehlers, Hischier, Frk (2nd rounder), now Zadina.

add to that the NA players like Drouin, Mackinnon, McIsaac, Weegar, etc.

I'm sure the scouts are good. The team is also a big draw for kids for other reasons. Halifax is a great city and the organization has built up a great reputation..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm sure the scouts are good. The team is also a big draw for kids for other reasons. Halifax is a great city and the organization has built up a great reputation..

Before being drafted by Halifax.. Ehlers, Voracek, Meier, Zadina were all seen as first round picks but more of the middle to late round guys. Every one of those guys ended up going top 5-10.

Halifax has some bright scouts, especially their european contingent, while yes, they have money and it's a great city as far as junior teams go, they are still identifying the cream of the crop.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Before being drafted by Halifax.. Ehlers, Voracek, Meier, Zadina were all seen as first round picks but more of the middle to late round guys. Every one of those guys ended up going top 5-10.

Halifax has some bright scouts, especially their european contingent, while yes, they have money and it's a great city as far as junior teams go, they are still identifying the cream of the crop.

Agreed. They also showcase their players and develop them really well within their system. It's a big reason why I'm high on Zadina. They are becoming a true hockey factory.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched some of Bitten's game last night. They ended up winning to take game 1. Bitten didn't get any points, he had a few chances though in the 1st including a breakaway but couldn't put it home. It made me think of HF as I know some posters were calling him the next Byron and that was the talk of Lord Byron when we got him off waivers that he couldn't score on breakaways. I know the play by play said he's been snake bitten (not sure the announcer realized the pun).

Reactions: WinterLion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad