2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Attaboy Joni. Hopefully his 2 points in the Champions Hockey League and this one in Liiga will help get him started for good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just watched Primeau's NCAA debut, missed the 1st though and was more watching Laval on the labtop as it was like watching an NHL team against an ECHL team. Total domination by Northeastern against Scared Heart, a team they shouldn't even be playing in the regular season as they are no match for the 20th ranked team in the NCAA. It was ugly, 7-0 the final so Primeau gets the SO in his first game but he had to be bored out of his mind as the puck was in SH's end for 80/90% of the game from when I turned it on at least.

He got 19 saves but maybe two were difficult. That said it's a good way to start his NCAA career and hopefully will get him more playing time going forward once they start facing much better teams.

Also as an FYI... Northeastern streams their home games for free on their website.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great start for Evans as he's the main guy now after losing their 2 best players in the off-season to the NHL. Although we'll see as he wasn't facing a very tough team. The good news is last year he started a little slow and then went on a tear and never looked back so hopefullly he has a big year and then joins Laval for their playoff run.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
CHL prospects,

Pezzetta - 6-3-4-7 +2 6 pims
Tsyzka - 5-0-5-5 -2 12 pims
Bitten - 5-1-4-5 E 0 pims
Fleury - 5-1-1-2 -5 6 pims
Walford - 6-0-1-1 +4 4 pims

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Vejdemo with the game winning 2-1 goal against Växjö. Shot from blue and a nice little deflection

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Hawkey's game from last night. He won again, he let in 2 g on 20 shots but the first one was on the PP and was one hell of a shot, just barely made it in and the 2nd wasn't his fault at all, the PP ended and they were still buzzing around when they got a point shot that hit one or two of his own players from what the play by play was saying as it was hard to see who it deflected off of. After being up 2-0 early in the game, Miami gave Providence fits after they tied it only to have Hawkey shut the door until the final second of the game when Providence tapped in a rebound to sweep the weekend. Good start for him to the season.

For me I think he's likely the Habs most underrated prospect, since Evans broke out last year.

Vejdemo with the game winning 2-1 goal against Växjö. Shot from blue and a nice little deflection

Was watching some of the game but it was a crappy feed which made it so hard to read the numbers with those dark blues. Seems to be fitting in well at center, already has half the points in 7 games then he had all of last year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Was watching some of the game but it was a crappy feed which made it so hard to read the numbers with those dark blues. Seems to be fitting in well at center, already has half the points in 7 games then he had all of last year.
The Djurgardens home jersey is one of the worst out there for that, dark red numbers on dark blue makes it impossible to see on a stream. More often than not my only way of knowing Vejdemo is on the ice is by looking for the taller than average guy who can skate and hoping it's him :P .

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yhey are gorgeous with what logo though ;)

Here it is:

A little bit OT but still kinda relevant. Bourque and Engqvist have started the season in great form. 7 games played and 9 respective 7 points each. Together with Patrik Lundh they have arguably formed the best line in the league so far.

Last edited:

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Anyone has a video of Poehling first pass? I just found this...

Benson made it 3-0 at 11:08 of the third period, finishing off a 2-on-1 rush with defenseman Daniel Brickley defending. Ryan Poehling made the perfect, patient pass on the play, leaving Brickley and goalie Jason Pawloski helpless to stop it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Tyska's game from last night, first time I've seen him in a real game. Liked his skating/speed/mobility. He played on the PP and PK, had some good pinches for sure as one led the 1st assist and another where he just sailed a shot a little too high from the high slot. Did have some trouble in his own end, a couple of turnovers which one led to a goal. Will be interesting to see what kind of season he has.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Speaking of Tyszka, you can see last night's assist here :

WOW...so that's what a PP goal looks like, watching the Habs I've kinda forgot :madfire:

On a happier note, its nice to see Tyszka get off to a good start point wise. Never seen him play, so I'm wondering what people think his potential is?

Go :madfire::habs:madfire: gooooooooo:baghead:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Ikonen with a goal today in champions league competition, continuing his much improved play since about a week. Hopefully he'll keep building around that. ( the goal isn't on that play by the way, it's just a nice little rush from Ikonen)

Reactions: 19VJ17 and Agalloch

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ikonen needs to carry that over to the Liiga since he has just 1 pt in 12 games but at least in the CHL vs a weak team he has 3 pts in the last 2 games so that's a start. I know at 19 Lehkonen had 7 pts in 12 games at the CHL tournament although he was with a much stronger team.

Reactions: 19VJ17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->