2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks for this, Stive.

Is he like a Thrower-type or what we hoped Thrower would be?

No nothing like Thrower. I watched the game last night, wasn't too impressed with him although he got better as the game went on as did his team as they were very impressive after starting out slow and down 2-0, they just got better and better and better until they just dominated the game.

Walford was playing a lot, PP and PK. He seemed to do well in the offensive zone as the play he got an assist on during the PP, he had several chances right before that to pick up an assist. Liked his skating, speed, mobility and seemed to move the puck well. Was on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals against although the 2nd had nothing to do with him. Looks a bit skinny but has a tall frame so hopefully he puts on mass and adds strength over the next 4-5 years. It might be the first time I've seen him play as I know I saw the royals last year but don't recall him at all. Don't really know much about the royals either. Noticed a few players on his team though, Ryan Peckford, Dante Hannoun, Jared Legien. Look forward to watching more royals games when possible.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's happening with Ikonen ? I begun the season with 13min of ice time and he's now at around 7-9 min.

Young, small and skilled. Struggling against pro sized players right now. So naturally his time on ice will decrease until he produces.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
No nothing like Thrower. I watched the game last night, wasn't too impressed with him although he got better as the game went on as did his team as they were very impressive after starting out slow and down 2-0, they just got better and better and better until they just dominated the game.

Walford was playing a lot, PP and PK. He seemed to do well in the offensive zone as the play he got an assist on during the PP, he had several chances right before that to pick up an assist. Liked his skating, speed, mobility and seemed to move the puck well. Was on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals against although the 2nd had nothing to do with him. Looks a bit skinny but has a tall frame so hopefully he puts on mass and adds strength over the next 4-5 years. It might be the first time I've seen him play as I know I saw the royals last year but don't recall him at all. Don't really know much about the royals either. Noticed a few players on his team though, Ryan Peckford, Dante Hannoun, Jared Legien. Look forward to watching more royals games when possible.

Agreed that he needs to put on weight.

On the topic of the other players you mentioned, I can't believe Peckford didn't get drafted last year. I had him late 2nd/early 3rd. Dante Hannoun is an absolutely incredible player but at 5'6 he's got a big hill to climb to make the NHL. More of a Rocco Grimaldi than a Martin St. Louis. Entertaining as hell to watch though. Jared Legien is also quite good.

Walford right now to me seems like a Juulsen-lite. Probably a bottom pairing but reliable defenseman at the NHL level. Still a long way to go though.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I mentioned it in his thread.

weird. thought i was looking for the Ikonen thread to be near the top and didn't see it.

Great to hear. I wonder if this guy's a good resource for euro prospects.

I really want Vejdemo to succeed. I like that player.

Me too. He seems to have some good tools. Would be really nice if he could have a really good year and we can bring him over next season. Still holding out hope for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Pezzetta's game from last night. He had a good game as did Sudbury. He played on the PP/PK, was easily one of the most physical players as whenever he saw a chance for a hit he took it. He set up the 1st goal early in as he took a shot and his teammate put home the rebound. Late in the 2nd he scored on a real good shift. First he had a solid hit, then he blocked a shot up high and got the rebound to skate in on a breakaway to score 5 hole. I don't know much about him, only saw him once or twice last year, but he's got size, skating, speed, strength, a good physical game and seems to have some hands. Could stand to work on getting quicker but he's not a high motor type, reminds me a bit of Shaw perhaps.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
watched Pezzetta's game from last night. He had a good game as did Sudbury. He played on the PP/PK, was easily one of the most physical players as whenever he saw a chance for a hit he took it. He set up the 1st goal early in as he took a shot and his teammate put home the rebound. Late in the 2nd he scored on a real good shift. First he had a solid hit, then he blocked a shot up high and got the rebound to skate in on a breakaway to score 5 hole. I don't know much about him, only saw him once or twice last year, but he's got size, skating, speed, strength, a good physical game and seems to have some hands. Could stand to work on getting quicker but he's not a high motor type, reminds me a bit of Shaw perhaps.

Any chance with sign him ? He could be a good late pick to have a career in the AHL (at least).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
A lot of people, me included, were impressed with his play at the rookie tournament too. It seems like he's taking this season very seriously and decided to tone down some of the uselessly undisciplined part of his game .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
NCAA season underway for all our prospects except Poehling who season starts next weekend vs Koberstein's team.

Evans with 2 pts so far tonight, Hawkey 1 ga in the 3rd, Primeau not in net, Koberstein plays late tonight.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jake Evans with two goals and an assist

Great start for who I consider our most underrated prospect.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jake Evans with two goals and an assist

Great start for who I consider our most underrated prospect.

Nice. I'm with you as most underrated prospect. I watched him about 5 times last year and every single game I was impressed. I recall reports at the development camp this past summer, he looked good playing with Scherbak. This isn't a player I wish Montreal let his rights expire like they did Matt Bradley.

Also, Walford with an assist last night.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just watched Hawkey's game from last night. He gave up 1 goal in the win, the goal wasn't his fault, the PP just ended seconds before the goal and his teammate had a broken stick so it was really a 5 on 3. To make matters worse I think his own player tipped it in. He did give up another goal but it was called off for the player running into him. Overall he had a good game but really wasn't tested all that much as his defense played a very good road game. There were a few times I felt he was going down too early and a few times he had some trouble with rebounds but was solid in the 1st game of the season. Will get to see tonight's game when I get around to watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad