2017-2018 Blues Final Outcome

How do the Blues end the Season?

• Holding their own 2018 Draft Pick (bottom-10 in the league)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I assume you mean 2017-2018. I say win the west. They are the most improved team in the Central that already has a recent history of some playoff success.

CHI - Falling.
NAS - Overrated / Got worse.
DAL - Looks good, but who knows?
WPG - Looks good as always, will probably choke again.
MIN - Probably the Blues' biggest competition for the Central.
COL - LOL!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think they’ll make the playoffs but will be lucky to win a round. Unless they add another top 6 forward.

Grimlore

Mar 20, 2012
If we can get through this stretch of injuries and remain healthy for the remainder of the year, I think we are in good shape to make the PO. Once there, anything can happen. Weren't we the best team in the league last year after Yeo joined? Since then we dumped Lethtera for Schenn.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Team as is, winning one round.
Team with a top 6 forward added, winning two rounds.
Team with Tavares, Cup final at least.

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
I know we lost our 2nd line for quite some time but why are the critics/analysts predicting the Blues not to make the playoffs this year?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I know we lost our 2nd line for quite some time but why are the critics/analysts predicting the Blues not to make the playoffs this year?
I think it's a few things

1. Nashville made it to the finals last year, so a lot of people are high on them.
2. Dallas has made a ton of improvements and added Hitchcock, so people think they'll return to 2015-16 form, burning villages and all.
3. People still think Chicago has a cup-winning roster.
4. Winnipeg has Laine and everyone is saying "this is the year," like the last 3 years.
5. Minnesota is still good.

Then you have St. Louis who has made the playoffs the last 6 years, who took a noticeable step back last year in the standings/fired Hitch/did not making it to the third round like in '16. This makes people think our window is closing (because we've been a really good team for like 5 years) or that we're getting older. A lot of people see a good team, after being near the top of the standings for several years, take a step back or have their coach get fired and just assume that they're going downhill.

Then add in all the injuries.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues will make playoffs in 1st WC or 3rd seed and make it to the 2nd round at least. Barbashev pushes into top 6 C/RW. Blais pushing into 3rd line RW, Bergy slides into 3rd line LW by beginning of the New Year.

Schwartz-Schenn/Barb-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Barb/Schenn
Berglund-Sobotka-Blais
Sunqvist-Brodziak-Jaskin

Boumeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Gunner-Bortuzzo

Allen
Hutton

Reactions: simon in canada

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blues will make playoffs in 1st WC or 3rd seed and make it to the 2nd round at least. Barbashev pushes into top 6 C/RW. Blais pushing into 3rd line RW, Bergy slides into 3rd line LW by beginning of the New Year.

Schwartz-Schenn/Barb-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Barb/Schenn
Berglund-Sobotka-Blais
Sunqvist-Brodziak-Jaskin

Boumeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Gunner-Bortuzzo

Allen
Hutton
Actually I really like that 3rd line! :)

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
I"m not happy about all of the injuries but I do think this gives our rookies a chance to battle for a spot and get some valuable experience. It's times like these you find some guys are more ready for the real deal than the scouts predicted. I'm just glad these injuries are now so we can learn to win without those guys in the lineup.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Wild Card team. I don't think there's enough fire from both Colorado and Minnesota to have both of them in and us out.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
My original vote hasn’t changed. Still make the playoffs, more than likely lose in the first round.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I assume you mean 2017-2018. I say win the west. They are the most improved team in the Central that already has a recent history of some playoff success.

CHI - Falling.
NAS - Overrated / Got worse.
DAL - Looks good, but who knows?
WPG - Looks good as always, will probably choke again.
MIN - Probably the Blues' biggest competition for the Central.
COL - LOL!
Well I got CHI, DAL, WPG (so far) and potentially MIN (in a way if we're competing them for a WC) right and COL (Jury is still out).
NAS I had correct until they got Turris
STL is definitely not as good as I expected but 2 months into the season I was pretty much right on the money.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I still haven't changed my mind. Like I've said before season this team isn't playoff team and not any near of real Stanley Cup contender and Dallas will be ahead of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad