Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I have always been in favor of the Gold policies because I have always had the drunken away fans sitting next to me that ruin the game for me. However after last year's success, we have enough bandwagoners where we shouldn't have an issue with opposing fan bases coming in.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I have always been in favor of the Gold policies because I have always had the drunken away fans sitting next to me that ruin the game for me. However after last year's success, we have enough bandwagoners where we shouldn't have an issue with opposing fan bases coming in.

I've been a proponent/neutral since it was implemented. My main issue with it now is that the policy "outs" have decreased as general popularity has increased. So to your point it shouldn't be as necessary now but if they're going to keep it in place it should be enhanced in a positive manner for the season ticket holder. It shouldn't be what it has become this season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I've been a proponent/neutral since it was implemented. My main issue with it now is that the policy "outs" have decreased as general popularity has increased. So to your point it shouldn't be as necessary now but if they're going to keep it in place it should be enhanced in a positive manner for the season ticket holder. It shouldn't be what it has become this season.
Well I might be able to find someone to buy them from you if you don't have any luck. I am at every home game so I could meet you ahead of time for payment or send you money via paypal.

Do you have the details on the tickets? Location, price, etc? I will ask those who I know may want to go.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I am in the same boat- I will likely have 3 extras for the Pens game on 11/11 that I may have to wind up just eating unless I want to try and go through the hassle of selling/transferring. (Which is totally ridiculous that in cases like this STH seats for one of the top games of the season could wind up sitting empty)

At the very least, for games like this, the Preds should gladly buy back the tickets- they could almost certainly be able to resell those tickets, probably at a higher rate than what they buy them back from us from.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Speaking of this topic, has anyone here ever used the Gametime app for buying/selling tickets? I have used them to buy tickets with no issues- excellent, fast process for buying. But I have never sold through them. In looking at the process, it appears all you do is upload screenshots because everything with that site is mobile. Sounds like a possible option besides ticket exchange for selling tickets.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I am in the same boat- I will likely have 3 extras for the Pens game on 11/11 that I may have to wind up just eating unless I want to try and go through the hassle of selling/transferring. (Which is totally ridiculous that in cases like this STH seats for one of the top games of the season could wind up sitting empty)

At the very least, for games like this, the Preds should gladly buy back the tickets- they could almost certainly be able to resell those tickets, probably at a higher rate than what they buy them back from us from.

You may want to look at stubhub. I just looked a few minutes ago and they seem to do a good job educating the buyers on how the process works now. Seems going all digital with the app should actually make selling on sites like stubhub even easier than when passport/credit card was required.

FYI, it's funny how this works. As I recall from the inception of this "grow the gold" policy the reason for implementation was two fold: "Keep the red out" and it kind of kept folks from gouging the locals. I just looked at the Pens game and Preds are selling lower bowl singles for $300/ea in the upper portion of the bowl.

(Just saw your post regarding gametime. Have never heard of that service but will look now.)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You may want to look at stubhub. I just looked a few minutes ago and they seem to do a good job educating the buyers on how the process works now. Seems going all digital with the app should actually make selling on sites like stubhub even easier than when passport/credit card was required.

FYI, it's funny how this works. As I recall from the inception of this "grow the gold" policy the reason for implementation was two fold: "Keep the red out" and it kind of kept folks from gouging the locals. I just looked at the Pens game and Preds are selling lower bowl singles for $300/ea in the upper portion of the bowl.

(Just saw your post regarding gametime. Have never heard of that service but will look now.)

I use stubhub a lot for both buying and selling, but the last time I tried (unless I was missing something) I could not find a way to sell if all you had was mobile ticket/screenshots. If that is possible now I may have to check it out.........

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
All I'm going to say is.. be careful where you post your gold tickets for sale. The organization is looking for STH selling these tickets.
I had a friend sell his on Craigslist last year and listed the seat and section along with the fact that they were his season tickets and he got an email from his ticket rep about it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
All I'm going to say is.. be careful where you post your gold tickets for sale. The organization is looking for STH selling these tickets.

That's pretty ridiculous. It was different when they offered something of relative value in exchange for the tickets. Now they just offer a selection from the regular list of primarily sub-par Tue/Thu games while then selling the seats for 3x themselves. Unbelievable. I'll just have to go talk to someone about it when I'm at the game on Saturday so at least the opinion is heard. I am not trying to profit but also don't want to just give them away either.

FYI, the "3x themselves" reference is related to what pricing looks like for the upcoming Pittsburgh game.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
One other point, somewhat highlighted above.

I just went to Ticketmaster and can purchase Penguins tickets. Which of course makes me wonder why I'm not able to sell my own? Are they unable to geographically lock down the resale market or are they just wanting to ensure they are the only ones who can gouge?

(For the record I have absolutely no desire to sell those tickets. This is another one of those "what is the true purpose of grow the gold" posts.)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah, I am extremely wary of trying to sell my 3 extra Penguins tickets because of the reasons mentioned above. Has anyone asked their rep about options if you know you are going to miss a Gold game? If you tell them up front you won't be able to use your tickets will they absolutely not offer to buy them back anymore? They would just let those seats sit empty?? Because as it stands now we don't have any options- we can't even give them away to a relative if we wanted to......

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I had a friend sell his on Craigslist last year and listed the seat and section along with the fact that they were his season tickets and he got an email from his ticket rep about it.

Assuming your friend was issued the same "We reserve the right to pull your tickets at any time... and ... if this is a problem we can issue you a refund for all tickets remaining.. threat."

That's pretty ridiculous. It was different when they offered something of relative value in exchange for the tickets. Now they just offer a selection from the regular list of primarily sub-par Tue/Thu games while then selling the seats for 3x themselves. Unbelievable. I'll just have to go talk to someone about it when I'm at the game on Saturday so at least the opinion is heard. I am not trying to profit but also don't want to just give them away either.

FYI, the "3x themselves" reference is related to what pricing looks like for the upcoming Pittsburgh game.

Agreed. I travel with my job, mostly on the weekends, and there are a decent amount of games I can't go to. The misses won't drive 2 hours by herself and the parents don't enjoy getting home at 1am so my tickets go unused if I can't sell them.

I know they use your billing address to determine if you can buy a ticket or not so this whole gold thing is bs to begin with. All it means is only Pens/Blackhawk fans in the viewing area can buy tickets.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, I am extremely wary of trying to sell my 3 extra Penguins tickets because of the reasons mentioned above. Has anyone asked their rep about options if you know you are going to miss a Gold game? If you tell them up front you won't be able to use your tickets will they absolutely not offer to buy them back anymore? They would just let those seats sit empty?? Because as it stands now we don't have any options- we can't even give them away to a relative if we wanted to......

I have successfully taken a screenshot and sent it to a friend who went to opening night with me. I think you need an iphone to take the screenshot though as I have heard complaints about this not working with an android.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I guess I just don't understand why they have to restrict resale in general for some games. They claim its to keep the opposing team out but all they would have to do is turn resales to viewing area only. The only thing that does make sense is to keep people from profiting off of them.. but why do they care, they already go their money.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If you trusted a relative or friend can you give them your My Smashville login info?

Yeah, I guess that would work, but that is not something I really want to do, even if it was a friend or relative.....

I just want to know what happens if you tell you rep "I am going to have to miss the Penguins game". Are there any options for us in that situation other than just letting the seats sit empty??? I can't believe the team would want that over buying them back. If anyone has any interactions with their rep and feels like doing it, ask and see what they say...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I guess I just don't understand why they have to restrict resale in general for some games. They claim its to keep the opposing team out but all they would have to do is turn resales to viewing area only. The only thing that does make sense is to keep people from profiting off of them.. but why do they care, they already go their money.

After seeing the Pens game pricing I don't think they did get their money. We paid the value full STH price (40% off of x I believe) but they're selling the remaining tickets they held back (for the good of the non STH fan base) at x+some massive markup. So they actually make a lot more money by limiting us to the crappy Tue/Thu trade in only option when they can then turn around and repost the tickets for 3x the standard price AND they are the only option for most people looking for tickets.

It wasn't so bad last year when they let me trade some Blackhawks tickets for 2 non-primo Saturday tickets (in lieu of getting 2:1 on Tue/Thu offering). But this year they aren't offering any incentive at all.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I know this has been discussed a lot previously, but I still don't understand how there are so many tickets for sale for the Penguins game on Stubhub and Gametime. I see a bunch of mobile/instant download tickets available on Stubhub. I just went to my stubhub account and tried to go through the selling process for the Pens game- and the only option I had was to ship paper tickets (which of course do not exist).

On Gametime, all tickets are mobile- you have to take a picture of your bar code tickets to sell. Which means we can't take a picture until the day of the game. So how is Gametime selling mobile tickets that you supposedly can instantly download?? Note- this isn't a case of "your ticket will be available on Nov 11".

I don't get it. Even if I wanted to sell on Stubhub or Gametime, unless I am missing something there is no way for me to do so. So how are there tons of tickets out there for sale?? I know big time brokers have ways of doing it but I can't believe every one of the tickets out there fall under that category.......

EDIT- in looking at the FAQ on Stubhub, it appears you have to contact them to get "approved" to sell barcode/mobile tickets. I guess that is how brokers and others are able to list..........

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
After seeing the Pens game pricing I don't think they did get their money. We paid the value full STH price (40% off of x I believe) but they're selling the remaining tickets they held back (for the good of the non STH fan base) at x+some massive markup. So they actually make a lot more money by limiting us to the crappy Tue/Thu trade in only option when they can then turn around and repost the tickets for 3x the standard price AND they are the only option for most people looking for tickets.

It wasn't so bad last year when they let me trade some Blackhawks tickets for 2 non-primo Saturday tickets (in lieu of getting 2:1 on Tue/Thu offering). But this year they aren't offering any incentive at all.

Considering I have 1 ST and always have to buy an additional for the misses when she wants to come, I wouldn't be upset with a deal where I could trade in my gold and get two weekday tickets.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I know this has been discussed a lot previously, but I still don't understand how there are so many tickets for sale for the Penguins game on Stubhub and Gametime. I see a bunch of mobile/instant download tickets available on Stubhub. I just went to my stubhub account and tried to go through the selling process for the Pens game- and the only option I had was to ship paper tickets (which of course do not exist).

On Gametime, all tickets are mobile- you have to take a picture of your bar code tickets to sell. Which means we can't take a picture until the day of the game. So how is Gametime selling mobile tickets that you supposedly can instantly download?? Note- this isn't a case of "your ticket will be available on Nov 11".

I don't get it. Even if I wanted to sell on Stubhub or Gametime, unless I am missing something there is no way for me to do so. So how are there tons of tickets out there for sale?? I know big time brokers have ways of doing it but I can't believe every one of the tickets out there fall under that category.......

I don't know for Gametime but I do know for Stubhub you need to be a preferred seller. After contacting them they informed me you have to sell $50k in sales a year to fall into this category, apparently.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't know for Gametime but I do know for Stubhub you need to be a preferred seller. After contacting them they informed me you have to sell $50k in sales a year to fall into this category, apparently.

Yep- I edited my post above after reading about it............ I guess there is no need for me to try to get approved- lol........

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have successfully taken a screenshot and sent it to a friend who went to opening night with me. I think you need an iphone to take the screenshot though as I have heard complaints about this not working with an android.

I couldn't get it to work for me on android, but my friend had an iPhone, took a picture of my QR code using it and sent it to the person who'd be using it. I got attendance points from both my seats so I guess it worked okay. Wasn't a gold game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad