Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What I find interesting about this is Stubhub is now relying on the seller to follow through on the day the QR codes become available. It used to be that once the tickets are uploaded to Stubhub the risk is 0 to either the buyer or to Stubhub, and the entire transaction is anonymous.

But now, if I put my tickets up and they sell, if I don't follow through and transfer once the QR code becomes available the whole thing falls apart. Much more risk for Stubhub. Guess that would only happen once, though, because Stubhub would immediately kick out anyone trying to work a scam.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And another note, I am thinking about emailing Nat Harden and see what he says about this whole thing. Because of this policy I had 3 tickets that went completely unused for the Penguins game. Which as I have said before to me is a lose lose situation for everyone- including the Predators. I would have sold those tickets very cheap to a Preds fan and I know there are a ton of people who would have loved to buy them.

I have always had good interactions with Nat and I am curious what his response would be...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
And another note, I am thinking about emailing Nat Harden and see what he says about this whole thing. Because of this policy I had 3 tickets that went completely unused for the Penguins game. Which as I have said before to me is a lose lose situation for everyone- including the Predators. I would have sold those tickets very cheap to a Preds fan and I know there are a ton of people who would have loved to buy them.

I have always had good interactions with Nat and I am curious what his response would be...

I think that would be good, especially if you can share feedback. If he's interested in hearing other stories I don't mind emailing as well.

My expectation is he will tell you that you do have an out, you can trade the tickets in 1:1 for one of the preset limited Tue/Thu trade in games or you can transfer them to a friend. Due to increasingly popularity they can no longer support the 2:1 trade in value OR trade in for games not on the preset trade in list.

You can translate that into whatever the real rationale is behind those policy changes. I translate it as one of the first signs of transitioning from STH loyalty to $$$ loyalty that we've seen with this franchise. Hopefully it is limited to that.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I think that would be good, especially if you can share feedback. If he's interested in hearing other stories I don't mind emailing as well.

My expectation is he will tell you that you do have an out, you can trade the tickets in 1:1 for one of the preset limited Tue/Thu trade in games or you can transfer them to a friend. .

The thing is, what good is trading tickets in for another game?? I mean, we are, by definition, already season ticket holders, so we already have tickets to every game. Trading in my Pens tickets for a random Tue/Thur game does me absolutely no good at all. (Especially so in our case since we are 3 hours away and can't make most weeknight games, but that is another story altogether).

Just don't understand why that is offered as a perk- what good is it??

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The thing is, what good is trading tickets in for another game?? I mean, we are, by definition, already season ticket holders, so we already have tickets to every game. Trading in my Pens tickets for a random Tue/Thur game does me absolutely no good at all. (Especially so in our case since we are 3 hours away and can't make most weeknight games, but that is another story altogether).

Just don't understand why that is offered as a perk- what good is it??

I guess you could then sell those tickets instead. Granted they wouldn't be worth nearly as much (which leads to the last point I put on that post...).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I guess you could then sell those tickets instead. Granted they wouldn't be worth nearly as much (which leads to the last point I put on that post...).
You may not be out money even if you sold those. My seat for tonight's game for example would be $64 on ticketmaster, however I paid only $35 with my season ticket package. Yes they may not be worth ticketmaster face, but I'm sure you could probably sell them for season ticket face value.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
You may not be out money even if you sold those. My seat for tonight's game for example would be $64 on ticketmaster, however I paid only $35 with my season ticket package. Yes they may not be worth ticketmaster face, but I'm sure you could probably sell them for season ticket face value.

Possibly. But wouldn't you rather sell your original "gold" tickets for STH face value as opposed to a Tuesday game? That would be a definite sell.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
We are sorry you can't sell your Penguins tickets for $150 apiece, but here are two tickets to a February Tuesday night game vs Calgary that should net you $14 apiece!

Reactions: LCPreds

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I agree, this entire gold thing is starting to piss me off. I've been a STH for.. a few months and I already have the vibe that they are focusing more on their $ than STH commitment since their playoff run.

Trading in tickets does me good for weekday games since I always have to buy another ticket when the misses comes but I know I am in the 1% that actually gets use out of that promotion.

What I don't understand is why can't we list it on ticketmaster exchange? They already limit the gold games to only the viewing area so us listing them on there wouldn't add to the opposing team coming down from out of state. Which, there is nothing stopping Pens fans in the viewing area from coming so the whole restriction all together seems odd.

I saw on twitter someone has lived in the state for 30 years but has an out of state billing credit card and is unable to buy tickets to some games because of it; that's not right.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I saw on twitter someone has lived in the state for 30 years but has an out of state billing credit card and is unable to buy tickets to some games because of it; that's not right.
That is some next level laziness. Have trouble feeling sympathy for that person. It takes about 5 seconds to change your billing address on a credit card.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I'm confused, I thought with gold games all you could do is take a screen shot of qr code and send day of game, I didn't know transferring was an option?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The new transferral method from our accounts is weird. You send a link to the person. I guess I'll get used to it but I kind of liked the old method where it had their preferred email listed and you just sent through the system.

I never checked whether the gold game could be transferred or not since we were meeting up for dinner before the game. He just went in with me.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone know how to access the Gold Friday presale? I went to the link they sent us, typed in the username and password and all it does is send me to a page that lists all their deals for the year. It doesn't show any games or anything.

When I click buy tickets it shows me every game for the year but doesn't say which one is the Gold Friday deals.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Does anyone know how to access the Gold Friday presale? I went to the link they sent us, typed in the username and password and all it does is send me to a page that lists all their deals for the year. It doesn't show any games or anything.

When I click buy tickets it shows me every game for the year but doesn't say which one is the Gold Friday deals.

Not sure what is going on there- the link works for me.... (and on a side note, about half of the "deals" for STH are.......... deals on Preds tickets?????? Ummm- we already have tickets to every game, again- not sure why I would be interested in a discounted 7 game package......:huh:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not sure what is going on there- the link works for me.... (and on a side note, about half of the "deals" for STH are.......... deals on Preds tickets?????? Ummm- we already have tickets to every game, again- not sure why I would be interested in a discounted 7 game package......:huh:
I'd think the thought is that it's a Black Friday deal so the ticket package would be a gift for someone.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL

When you click the link does it take you to the page that lists, "Gold Friday", "7 game Plan", "$50 upper $90 lower", and "$29 upper $59 lower"? Or does it take you to a page that lists what the gold friday games are?

The link initially directs me to the login page for the Smashville/7th combo but then redirects to their basic packages page. I'm at a loss.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
When you click the link does it take you to the page that lists, "Gold Friday", "7 game Plan", "$50 upper $90 lower", and "$29 upper $59 lower"? Or does it take you to a page that lists what the gold friday games are?

The link initially directs me to the login page for the Smashville/7th combo but then redirects to their basic packages page. I'm at a loss.

Takes me to a page to enter password- then page with the deals on it. It does look kind of like a regular site webpage, but says "GOLD FRIDAY SALE" at top. First thing listed is the 7 game pick plan.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah if you're looking for deals on single games I didn't find anything. Think it's just a "deal" on a multi-game plan.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Ok yah stubhub makes it easy to unload the gold games. First success.

Not my fault, Preds. I tried to go down the buy back and trade in for a decent game route but they wouldn’t budge. Hopefully this stubhub policy change forces a policy change in our ticket policy as well.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Ok yah stubhub makes it easy to unload the gold games. First success.

Not my fault, Preds. I tried to go down the buy back and trade in for a decent game route but they wouldn’t budge. Hopefully this stubhub policy change forces a policy change in our ticket policy as well.

So you actually sold a Gold game on Stubhub??? I could not remember if the transfer button becomes active the day of the game- is that what you did??

My question is this- will we face any repercussions from the Preds for doing so???

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So you actually sold a Gold game on Stubhub??? I could not remember if the transfer button becomes active the day of the game- is that what you did??

My question is this- will we face any repercussions from the Preds for doing so???

Yes, I sold for a gold game. You are allowed to transfer them 24 hours prior to game time. Good news is I’ll get to test this out on Tuesday since that is a good game as well.

I assume no one knows the answer to the last question. They’d have to tie the sale back to you somehow and if they did figure it out I’m not sure what the argument would be. FYI, you can list on stubhub with just section/row so there is some level of protection there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just to follow up on this, my tickets for tonight's Blackhawks game popped up as available for transfer at ~7PM last night. I successfully sent them to the wife so know the function actually works. The Stubhub method is sound for gold games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad