Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Has anyone actually seen a policy specific to this season on "grow the gold" games? I'm trying to find one via google and nothing is popping up. Can't seem to find anything on the Preds page either.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Another question, don't know if anyone will be able to answer. I have a 3 year contract for season tickets and am pretty certain I am going to be deploying overseas in the next year. Will the Preds let me out of the agreement? I guess I could keep them and just put every game up for sale at what I paid for them but I really don't want to lose these seats I have sat in for multiple years.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Another question, don't know if anyone will be able to answer. I have a 3 year contract for season tickets and am pretty certain I am going to be deploying overseas in the next year. Will the Preds let me out of the agreement? I guess I could keep them and just put every game up for sale at what I paid for them but I really don't want to lose these seats I have sat in for multiple years.

Pretty sure in this case they would let you out without penalty, but not until official notice is given. I have a former STH who sat next to me. She lost her job and they let her out of her agreement and just gave her account credit for how much she had paid in that was extra.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've known of at least 2 people who were released from their contract. One had to pay a regular payment for 1 or 2 months to break the contract--he'd married/had a kid/bought a house and priorities had changed. The other person had to break due to illness. Not sure if she had to pay a penalty or not. My guess is they'd let you out of the contract with minimum penalty, but you would not be able to return to your seats when you come back.

You could keep your plan but donate every seat and get a tax write-off in the process.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.

It would be pretty hypocritical to do a military salute one night and refuse to work with a deploying service member the next as a season ticket holder.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Late post but touching on the gold games again.. here is info I just received from my ticket rep regarding me being stuck with my gold game I can't attend.

"You could exchange it for one of the games on our exchange list if you'd like?. You are also more than welcome to sell to a friend and screen shot that once the QR code becomes available."

View media item 681
This part right here, "You are also more than welcome to sell to a friend and screen shot that once the QR code becomes available", is what caught me off guard. If we are allowed to do this why are people being emailed and threatened by the team to pull their tickets back or issue them a remainder season refund in exchange for their remaining tickets, for selling gold tickets?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Late post but touching on the gold games again.. here is info I just received from my ticket rep regarding me being stuck with my gold game I can't attend.

"You could exchange it for one of the games on our exchange list if you'd like?. You are also more than welcome to sell to a friend and screen shot that once the QR code becomes available."

View media item 681
This part right here, "You are also more than welcome to sell to a friend and screen shot that once the QR code becomes available", is what caught me off guard. If we are allowed to do this why are people being emailed and threatened by the team to pull their tickets back or issue them a remainder season refund in exchange for their remaining tickets, for selling gold tickets?

I am in the same boat- I may have 3 extras for the Pens game. I may contact my rep and see if I get the same answer you did. I would be perfectly fine with the Preds buying my tickets back- they could then just turn around and sell them for a ridiculous markup. But I guess they aren't doing that anymore.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I am in the same boat- I may have 3 extras for the Pens game. I may contact my rep and see if I get the same answer you did. I would be perfectly fine with the Preds buying my tickets back- they could then just turn around and sell them for a ridiculous markup. But I guess they aren't doing that anymore.

I think the closest thing you can get to a "buy back" is an exchange for those games. Obviously, for most people who have their entire family season tickets that does them no good. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the rare ones that would actually use the exchange since I only have 1 ST and always have to buy another ticket when the misses comes.

If you do email your rep let me know what they say. Try not to put my email's text into yours haha so we can get a true response and figure out whats okay and what isn't.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It's also a pretty awful value proposition to either give the ticket away, let the ticket rot, or trade it for a crappy Tue night game that you might already have tickets for. They really should have an expanded trade list only offered for gold game trade ins.

The Preds have basically stated via this policy they don't care about the STH when it comes to Gold Games they can't attend so we just have to decide if that is a big deal or not.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It's also a pretty awful value proposition to either give the ticket away, let the ticket rot, or trade it for a crappy Tue night game that you might already have tickets for. They really should have an expanded trade list only offered for gold game trade ins.

The Preds have basically stated via this policy they don't care about the STH when it comes to Gold Games they can't attend so we just have to decide if that is a big deal or not.

Yep- if you are a full season ticket holder what good does being able to exchange for another (crappy) game? By definition we already have tickets to every game. If I was a half or partial ticket holder then it would possibly be a good thing, but full?? I don't get it. I guess we could sell the tickets for the exchange date, but still- not a good solution.

It is completely and utterly ridiculous that there will likely be empty seats/unused tickets for some of the biggest games of the year because of this stupid policy..

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Yep- if you are a full season ticket holder what good does being able to exchange for another (crappy) game? By definition we already have tickets to every game. If I was a half or partial ticket holder then it would possibly be a good thing, but full?? I don't get it. I guess we could sell the tickets for the exchange date, but still- not a good solution.

It is completely and utterly ridiculous that there will likely be empty seats/unused tickets for some of the biggest games of the year because of this stupid policy..
I remember being shocked at how many seats were empty on opening night when we raised the banner. Have to think the policy made an impact on that.

Reactions: Photosniper89

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I never did get around to asking my rep about the Gold game options. But I thought I would just throw this out there- we are traveling up from Birmingham on Saturday for the game and MIGHT have 3 extras for sale. They are upper deck pretty high up just in case that matters. I don't even know if I can transfer and don't know how we would work out payment, but I still thought I would throw it out there if anyone on here is looking for tickets tomorrow- preferably one of the regular members on here.

Again, I don't even know for sure yet if I will have extras or how we would work it out since I am traveling up during the day, but just putting it out there. Would be such a shame for 3 seats to sit empty- another reason why this policy is so stupid. I am still a little nervous about selling these on a resale site if the bar code does indeed show up on Saturday.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Hey guys. I’ve had a very serious family emergency and cannot go tonight. I’m not even looking to sell the tickets. I just want them to go to someone who won’t try to resell them and, preferably, hasn’t been able to go to a game or hasn’t sat in good seats (116, row B). DM me. I’m a STH so I will send them to you through the app via text.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Hey guys. I’ve had a very serious family emergency and cannot go tonight. I’m not even looking to sell the tickets. I just want them to go to someone who won’t try to resell them and, preferably, hasn’t been able to go to a game or hasn’t sat in good seats (116, row B). DM me. I’m a STH so I will send them to you through the app via text.
Claimed.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Can you upload QR codes now?

You just list and the expectation is you will email the tickets via transfer 1 day prior to the game. Basically similar in spirit to some concerts where tickets are not released for printing until a certain amount of time prior to the show.

Here are the instructions from Stubhub (seller perspective):

Below are the instructions to list and deliver your tickets via mobile transfer. Please read them carefully.

From your computer, list your tickets on StubHub and select "I'm Ready to Transfer" as the delivery method.

When your tickets sell, you will receive a sale notification email from StubHub containing your buyer's info, so you can deliver your tickets.

To deliver your tickets:
spacer.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1.Login to your Ticketmaster, or team/venue account where you have your mobile tickets.
2.Find the tickets you sold and click "Transfer."
3.Enter the buyer's name and email address to transfer the tickets.
4.Double check the information to confirm it is correct before clicking "Confirm Transfer."
5.After transferring the tickets, go to StubHub. Click on "My Tickets" and locate the order by going to the "Sales" tab. Click "Confirm Delivery" and enter in the buyer's email address to complete your sale and initiate your payout.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
spacer.gif
To ensure timely payment and avoid possible cancellation of your sale, remember to confirm delivery on StubHub once you've transferred the tickets.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That is pretty interesting. Are you certain that is available to everyone, and not just "power" sellers?? [EDIT- never mind, I just got an email confirming the new policy)

It is interesting because here you are dealing directly with the buyer which is completely different from the usual stubhub transaction, where everything (buyer/seller) is completely anonymous.

I would have tried this last Saturday as I had some Pens tickets go completely unused. I guess my only worry here is will we get in "trouble" with the Preds for selling the gold games? Ridiculous, but I know some have reported getting threatening emails.......

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The way the email was worded it looks as if this is for the masses. It states "We now support Mobile Ticket listings for select NHL teams." And goes on to list several (Arizona, Boston, Carolina, etc.)

The good news is you only need to list the section and row. Seat listing is optional. I suppose the Preds could buy the ticket and figure out who you are but at least in this setup you're relatively protected from the organization.

I'll be honest, I hate that it has come to this but the Preds policy has morphed away from the original intent of a few years ago and has become a burden upon the season ticket holder who is unable to attend this type of game. I'd much rather trade back to the team for account credit. Or trade for another non-gold game of my choice. Or use Ticket Exchange. Etc. Etc.

Have to admit though that I don't even feel bad about the one listing I posted. The game I'm selling is the Red Wings game in Feb and frankly speaking the majority of Red Wings fans who might 'invade' our building are likely local anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad