2017-2018 AHL contracts

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Monarchs Sign Tony Cameranesi and Michael Doherty

08/23/2017 1:54 PM -
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Tony Cameranesi and Michael Doherty have signed Standard Player Contracts for the 2017-18 season.

Cameranesi, 23, signs with Manchester after a rookie campaign in 2016-17 that saw him play 31 games for the Toronto Marlies

http://manchestermonarchs.com/news/monarchs-news/?article_id=1241

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The San Jose Sharks rookie camp roster lists the following players as Free Agent acquisitions, but are not signed to NHL deals, hence they must have AHL deals (True and McAuley were already previously reported).

-Colby McAuley
-Alexander True
-Jacob Middleton

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/290743968/binary-file/file.pdf

FTR Macauley Carson (18), Mark Kastelic (18), Vincent Praplan (23), Parker Gahagen (24), Dawson Weatherill (18) are listed as TOs to (NHL) rookie camp. Gahagen has been rumored as signed by Sharks months ago; assumption is there are some issues with his military requirement preventing signing. Undrafted Praplan out of Switzerland is probably being considered for NHL/AHL deal and this tournament will be his opportunity to show what he's got.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

In 2016-17, Mathers played for Allen (ECHL) while under contract for Lehigh Valley.

P-Bruins confirmed 5 of their AHL signings.
Four other veterans who skated for the P-Bruins last season also re-signed for 2017 on AHL deals: Chris Breen, Chris Porter, Colton Hargrove and Taylor Doherty.

After he became an unrestricted free agent when he failed to sign with the Coyotes who drafted him, Clifton signed an AHL deal with Providence and will look to show his NHL potential as a rookie in 2017-18.
http://www.providencebruins.com/news/detail/offseason-movement-report

All these signings were already announced on Mark Divver's twitter account.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Take this as you will, but I just finally got around to scouring Development Camp rosters for this year, and I noticed that F Mason Marchment (Toronto Marlies) is listed as being signed to an AHL Contract, according to the Toronto Maple Leafs Development Camp Roster.

Confirmed on the TC roster
Marchment, Mason | F | Toronto (AHL) / Orlando (ECHL) | Signed to AHL Contract
https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/maple-leafs-announce-2017-rookie-tournament-roster/c-290781442

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Gill is the 3rd player from WBS signed by Rochester this offseason.

AHL UFA signings

Spent the entire 16-17 season with Florida (ECHL)

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Tickle me confused.

August 8th: San Antonio Rampage announce the signing of F Thomas Frazee to an AHL contract.

August 30th: Atlanta Gladiators (affiliate of the Boston Bruins) announce that they have agreed to terms with the same Thomas Frazee.

I know it's not uncommon for the ECHL to deal for players' rights after signing an AHL contract. But this sounds like he's outright agreed to sign with the team.

:help:

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Went fishing and caught a few fish!

Here are two pieces of info that leads to believe that Chris McCarthy is under contract with Lehigh Valley for next season

The first one is quite clear!
The Royals will benefit from greater support from Lehigh Valley. Matt Willows, Chris McCarthy and Muhlenberg grad Steven Swavely, three key contributors last season, have signed AHL contracts and could see dress time for both teams.

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/reading-royals-will-have-a-new-look

Also yesterday, he attended this event with fellow teammate Steven Swavely
Tuesday night, the Reading Royals had their annual Town Hall Meeting up at Stokesay Castle. In attendance and answering questions from the fans were players Steven Swavely, Chris McCarthy, Adam Schmidt, and Nick Luukko.
--------------------------------------------

A few players have recently announced their retirement

Goalie Jeff Malcolm, an energetic team player for the Wolf Pack organization the last four years, has elected to retire and pursue career opportunities outside of hockey. Malcolm had a four-year pro career after helping Yale win its first NCAA Division I title. Malcolm was a consummate professional, highly respected by both his coaches and teammates alike.
http://www.howlings.net/2017/08/04/cantlons-corner-wolf-pack-off-season-volume-13/

Teddy Doherty (Springfield) has seemingly moved on to a full-time coaching job. He's now an assistant coach for the midget program at Shattuck-St.Mary's
http://ssmathletics.org/sports/hockey/boys_u18_prep/coaches/index

Bryn Chyzyk and Nick Mattson have hung up their skates. Both players spent the majority of the season in Indy while under contract with Rockford.
Bryn Chyzyk announced Wednesday that he is retiring from pro hockey, making him the eighth former UND player to officially retire this summer.

Chyzyk said he has struggled with concussions and has decided to attend law school at UND.

Other retiring players are: Matt Greene, Brandon Bochenski, Matt Smaby, Nick Mattson, Derek Rodwell, Coltyn Sanderson and Matt Hrynkiw, who will serve as UND̢۪s volunteer goalie coach.
----------------------------------------------------

Conacher was under contract with Toronto last season.

Danny Moynihan who spent the 2016-2017 season with Alaska while under contract with Utica has been invited to Vancouver's rookie camp.
-----------------------------------------------------
The NAIT Ooks Men's Hockey Team would like to announce Ty Stanton has committed to the program for the 2017-18 season.

Ty resides in St. Albert, Alberta and comes to NAIT after splitting time last season with the Toronto Marlies (AHL) & the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL). Prior to his time playing professionally, Ty played 257 games over 4 seasons with the Medicine Hat Tigers of the WHL.
http://www.nait.ca/athletics/news/athletics-news/mens-hockey-team-add-stanton-for-2017-2018

Leach shared his time between Hershey and SC last season.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

A ECHL duo with 494 games of AHL experience

Becomes an assistant coach in the USHL

- Mikkel Aagaard (Stockton) has been invited to Florida's rookie camp.
- Christian Hilbrich (WBS) has been invited to Nashville's rookie camp.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tickle me confused.

August 8th: San Antonio Rampage announce the signing of F Thomas Frazee to an AHL contract.

August 30th: Atlanta Gladiators (affiliate of the Boston Bruins) announce that they have agreed to terms with the same Thomas Frazee.

I know it's not uncommon for the ECHL to deal for players' rights after signing an AHL contract. But this sounds like he's outright agreed to sign with the team.

:help:

I don't get it either. They even say if he doesn't make the Rampage then he goes to the Gladiators. I'm not sure why the Rampage signed him in the first place either, he doesn't have much AHL experience to begin with. But AHL contracts are unlimited t sometimes I do wonder why they don't sign more ECHLers to AHL contracts instead if calling around for depth when they get desperate, especially at least a goalie.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Zac Lynch has signed a Standard Player Contract for the 2017-18 season.

Lynch, 25, signs with Manchester to begin his second professional season, after splitting time during the 2016-17 campaign with the Monarchs and Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL). In his rookie season, Lynch scored 34 points on 18 goals and 16 assists in 34 games with the Monarchs, and added 12 points on eight goals and four assists in 17 Kelly Cup Playoff games.
http://manchestermonarchs.com/news/monarchs-news/?article_id=1245

Nikolas Brouillard (Toronto) has been invited to Vegas' rookie camp.
Matthew Lane (Rochester) has been invited to NYI's rookie camp.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I don't get it either. They even say if he doesn't make the Rampage then he goes to the Gladiators. I'm not sure why the Rampage signed him in the first place either, he doesn't have much AHL experience to begin with. But AHL contracts are unlimited t sometimes I do wonder why they don't sign more ECHLers to AHL contracts instead if calling around for depth when they get desperate, especially at least a goalie.

I'm thinking it has to do with the ECHL veteran rule. Since he is over 24 and has played in over 260 pro games, even if he is assigned by his AHL club he will be considered an ECHL vet. This leaves open the possibility for the ECHL Eagles to sign their own 4 vet players, and not have to sit a vet if he gets sent down. Also gives the Rampage a guy they can call up without effecting the Eagles ECHL club.

I could be wrong, but it's the only thing I could come up with. :laugh:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I'm thinking it has to do with the ECHL veteran rule. Since he is over 24 and has played in over 260 pro games, even if he is assigned by his AHL club he will be considered an ECHL vet. This leaves open the possibility for the ECHL Eagles to sign their own 4 vet players, and not have to sit a vet if he gets sent down. Also gives the Rampage a guy they can call up without effecting the Eagles ECHL club.

I could be wrong, but it's the only thing I could come up with. :laugh:

I think teams are limited to four on the active roster, so they'd have to reserve list a vet if they already had four when he was assigned.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I think teams are limited to four on the active roster, so they'd have to reserve list a vet if they already had four when he was assigned.

Yes, and the Eagles had gone through the extra vet situation several years ago. It was kind of a mess and I could see them try to avoid the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->