2017-2018 AHL contracts

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL̢۪s Hartford Wolf Pack, announced today that forward Allan McPherson will join the 2017-18 roster. This will be the center̢۪s second season with the Swamp Rabbits and fourth year in the ECHL.

Along with receiving the most AHL call-ups of any player on the Swamp Rabbits̢۪ roster last season, McPherson experienced major success during his time in the ECHL. The 180-pound-forward racked up a total of 28 points (9G, 19A) during 30 contests, averaging nearly a point per game.

McPherson spent large parts of last season in the AHL playing 28 games for Hartford, one game for Texas and two playoffs game for Stockton while signed to PTOs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed by another source

The Royals will benefit from greater support from Lehigh Valley. Matt Willows, Chris McCarthy and Muhlenberg grad Steven Swavely, three key contributors last season, have signed AHL contracts and could see dress time for both teams.

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/reading-royals-will-have-a-new-look
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Michael Joly has been signed to an AHL deal by San Antonio. (Confirmed by an English and French source!)

----------------------------------------------
San Diego has signed Kyle Thomas to a AHL contract
The Fort Wayne Komets completed a trade Monday that sent the ECHL rights to forward Kyle Thomas to the Utah Grizzlies for forward Ralph Cuddemi.

Thomas signed an American Hockey League contract earlier this summer with the San Diego Gulls who have the Grizzlies as an ECHL affiliate.

Because he had signed with an AHL team, the Komets had no choice but the trade Thomas's rights, just as they did four years ago when center Eric Faille signed with Toronto.

"This happened pretty early on in the summer," Thomas said. "It was a little bit of a surprise at first, but a decision I had to make. I'm sad to see the Fort Wayne part of my career end. I loved every minute of it there from the guys, the coaches and the owners. They are first-class all the way through. They gave me a chance when a lot of other teams wouldn't."
http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/k...dd_high-scoring_forward_20170815&profile=1095

An impressive accomplishment for a player who was still bouncing between the SPHL and the ECHL back in 2014-2015.
--------------------------------------------

Young was under contract with Tucson in 2016-17 but spent the entire season with Rapid City.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's crazy, I think they actually announced 2 before the camp roster was announced last year. The Avs don't really consider these things information. My theory is a lot of these guys are for the Colorado Eagles. They seem to be supplying half the roster.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

Corrin was under contract with Toronto but spent most of the season with Brampton.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->