2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I’m confused about the players mentioned and not being able to win with this group of players? Are you talking about this year? Or those players or both? Not sure what McNty who was here however long ago has to do with now, when this team just got absolutely gutted of talent.

Cougars have some prices to build off, but by the time they get other pieces to go along with their building blocks it’ll be too late.

Leppard, Maser, Moberg, and especially Gauthier are going to be good players. Gauthier is going to be an absolute stud of a goaltender, and those are so hard to come by and he’s incredibly young.

PG will be contenders for the 6/7/8 seeds and that’s about it. I feel like we’ll be back into mediocrity for a span here again that just keeps recycling through young players and can’t build a team in time to put together a contender.

I don't know why you think PG will still be the same since they now have new ownership and GM.

Gauthier is already on par with Grant.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't know why you think PG will still be the same since they now have new ownership and GM.

Gauthier is already on par with Grant.

I'm not getting my expectations up until I see a reason to. Gauthier is already better than Grant...Grant is a shitty excuse for a WHL goalie. He won goalie of the week or whatever awhile back but he's nothing special - there's a reason he bounced around with the BCHL and such and then all of a sudden made the team when Edmonds left and there weren't many other options.

As I said, there's some good building blocks but they need to start adding to them now so they all peak at the same time. With Gauthier, he gives them a pretty long window to do so. If we aren't in a playoff hunt, then I hope we move Cholowski.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I'm not getting my expectations up until I see a reason to. Gauthier is already better than Grant...Grant is a ****ty excuse for a WHL goalie. He won goalie of the week or whatever awhile back but he's nothing special - there's a reason he bounced around with the BCHL and such and then all of a sudden made the team when Edmonds left and there weren't many other options.

As I said, there's some good building blocks but they need to start adding to them now so they all peak at the same time. With Gauthier, he gives them a pretty long window to do so. If we aren't in a playoff hunt, then I hope we move Cholowski.

Well Gauthier's numbers don't suggest he's currently better, just about the same.

PG had a great reg season last year, but crashed out in the 1st round, they should be fine and continue to be good, there's plenty of reasons for optimism, they also continue to produce top NHL prospects, which is always a great thing.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well Gauthier's numbers don't suggest he's currently better, just about the same.

PG had a great reg season last year, but crashed out in the 1st round, they should be fine and continue to be good, there's plenty of reasons for optimism, they also continue to produce top NHL prospects, which is always a great thing.

Gauthier inspires 100x more confidence than Grant and he’s already winning over the number one job, slowly but surely.

Last year means nothing for this season, considering how different the team is. Other than Harkins, Gabrielle recently, who are these other prospects? I don’t see how PG would get credit for Bondra, Guhle, Cholowksi, Popugaev but that’s just me.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Gauthier inspires 100x more confidence than Grant and he’s already winning over the number one job, slowly but surely.

Last year means nothing for this season, considering how different the team is. Other than Harkins, Gabrielle recently, who are these other prospects? I don’t see how PG would get credit for Bondra, Guhle, Cholowksi, Popugaev but that’s just me.

Yes, I prefer Gauthier too, but is he ready to be the #1 yet.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Gauthier is a big reason to feel good about the future, like you said he looks to be a top end goalie.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yes, I prefer Gauthier too, but is he ready to be the #1 yet.

I don’t think there’s any rush to run him into the ground as the starter. Letting him develop is more important but I see something incredibly talented with him.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Victoria have made a lot of moves lately, wander if they will payoff.

PA and to a lesser extent Regina and PG have made some moves of their own.

Trade deadline is 4 days away.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
PG just moved McDonald. I would rather seen Cholowski moved but maybe that could still happen. I kind of have my doubts.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Victoria have made a lot of moves lately, wander if they will payoff.

PA and to a lesser extent Regina and PG have made some moves of their own.

Trade deadline is 4 days away.

Regina added Jesse Gabrielle. That’s a big add.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Kody McDonald, Jesse Gabrielle, Jonas Harkins, Ethan O’Rourke have all been traded from P.G. Josh Anderson was a healthy scratch tonight so he's on the move. And I'm hearing from inside sources that Cholowski is gone, and if we can find somebody in need of a 20 year old then Bethune will also be out.

We are officially in rebuild mode. And I'm scared.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I'm not getting my expectations up until I see a reason to. Gauthier is already better than Grant...Grant is a ****ty excuse for a WHL goalie. He won goalie of the week or whatever awhile back but he's nothing special - there's a reason he bounced around with the BCHL and such and then all of a sudden made the team when Edmonds left and there weren't many other options.

Not only did Grant bounce around the BCHL, he was in the KJIHL two years ago playing Junior B. Dude does not deserve to be in the dub, and is only here so that we can groom Gauthier. What the hell was he doing in OT? We turned over the puck at the blue line, and Tri-City fired a quick shot, hitting him in the chest. He didn't even see the turnover.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not only did Grant bounce around the BCHL, he was in the KJIHL two years ago playing Junior B. Dude does not deserve to be in the dub, and is only here so that we can groom Gauthier. What the hell was he doing in OT? We turned over the puck at the blue line, and Tri-City fired a quick shot, hitting him in the chest. He didn't even see the turnover.

That was the most dumbfounded I have seen a goalie before. I have no idea how he lost track or that play. Grant will play ok, but he crumbles so bad at times. I don’t think he is a good goalie, I don’t care what stats back up him being half decent - the eye test is beyond what stats can save.

Upset Gauthier didn’t play this weekend, he’s so good for his age. He is going to be a stellar goalie for us. I’m excited.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Regina get Pratt for a 3rd from Red Deer.

Blockbuster, Calgary send Bean to Tri-City for Focht, D. Krebs, 1rd and 2 2rd's.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
LOVE the return PG got for MacDonald... IMO Prince Albert gave up waaaaay too much. I hope PG can unload Cholowski for a massive return now

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
PG got a pretty sweet return on Josh Anderson....that is an easy deal for PG to make, sheesh

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kody McDonald, Jesse Gabrielle, Jonas Harkins, Ethan O’Rourke have all been traded from P.G. Josh Anderson was a healthy scratch tonight so he's on the move. And I'm hearing from inside sources that Cholowski is gone, and if we can find somebody in need of a 20 year old then Bethune will also be out.

We are officially in rebuild mode. And I'm scared.

They would be dumb to not move Cholowski. While it would hurt to move him as he is our best player, the return will be great. With the recent trades Harkins has been making, I fully trust his abilities.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
They would be dumb to not move Cholowski. While it would hurt to move him as he is our best player, the return will be great. With the recent trades Harkins has been making, I fully trust his abilities.

Yeah, trade him and chances are very high PG will be the worst team next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ive been predicting Cholowski will be a Kelowna Rocket eventually and im still stickin to that prediction!!!haha.. only a few days away to make my prediction happen!!!

Also Loewen from Kamloops im thinking will become a Pat or a Wheatking.

Dylan Ferguson is still available but unsure what contending team needs him(or willing to give up a lot). That would get Blazers a massive return

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I believe that Calgary has been selling well, don't know if it means they'll trade Kryski for futures as it looks Riley Stotts will be running that team in the future. Also believe Calgary will be the best team in the league in the coming years.

Cholowski I hope gets traded to either Portland or Kelowna.
Ferguson should be traded to a contender too, but Regina is going to have to stack up if they're going to be at the Memorial Cup.
Thinking Swift Current/Portland final.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I believe that Calgary has been selling well, don't know if it means they'll trade Kryski for futures as it looks Riley Stotts will be running that team in the future. Also believe Calgary will be the best team in the league in the coming years.

Cholowski I hope gets traded to either Portland or Kelowna.
Ferguson should be traded to a contender too, but Regina is going to have to stack up if they're going to be at the Memorial Cup.
Thinking Swift Current/Portland final.

Doubt PG would deal Dennis to a division rival like Kelowna. Regina were stacked last year, no matter what they do now they won't match last years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->