2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Jack Flaman was picked off waivers and now has four goals in 2 games for the Hurricanes. Unfortunately the promotional running Flaman man in the corner of the rink has been removed at some point in the past so Jack hasn't seen it and all the jokes about it have gone over his head.

I really have to say I like the look of Swift Current could be a darkhorse for the championship.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not sure if it is Kamloops' defense or what, but Ferguson has been hot garbage. Kind of upsetting as I was expecting a huge year from him.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Not sure if it is Kamloops' defense or what, but Ferguson has been hot garbage. Kind of upsetting as I was expecting a huge year from him.

Something is off. They are bad, very bad. Ferguson has been really bad, no idea what's going on. The defense was supposed to be the strength of this Blazer team, and it's not. Not even close.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Something is off. They are bad, very bad. Ferguson has been really bad, no idea what's going on. The defense was supposed to be the strength of this Blazer team, and it's not. Not even close.

Luckily it is still early but that has to be frightening to start a season.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wow, that's something, the team has always been a consistently good team as far as I can recall. Be interesting to see if they can bounce back from this slow start.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Swift Current and Moose Jaw seem to be destroying the east. Portland and Victoria destroying the West. Regina not off to the start they wanted. We'll see if they can bounce back over the next few games.
I think Moose Jaw has a real good shot this year to make some noise though, might be the best team they've ever assembled. Defence will be a force when Brook is back in the lineup.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Victoria rolls over Tri City 8-2 to improve to 7-0-0-0.

I hope they're playing this well in January when I'll actually have time to get out to see a game.

Reactions: Daximus

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Blazers are 0-8-0-0 to start. Wow

Yikes. Was really hoping to see big things from Ferguson this year...think he needs to get out of there. His numbers are already destroyed and will need some amazing performances to get it even back to somewhat respectable. Kamloops could be selling early if they can't beat PG this weekend, for at least one game.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Victoria rolls over Tri City 8-2 to improve to 7-0-0-0.

I hope they're playing this well in January when I'll actually have time to get out to see a game.

They might be the smallest team in the league but they are also likely the fastest. Let me know how Peckford looks. He could really pad his stats on this team for the draft this year.

ryleyb

Mar 29, 2016
They might be the smallest team in the league but they are also likely the fastest. Let me know how Peckford looks. He could really pad his stats on this team for the draft this year.

Peckford is doing really well this season. Early on he was getting all the prime PP time and scored some nice goals from the slot there. Now things are a bit more crowded with Soy's return, and I think he'll be slowing down a bit in point production. Still, a huge jump from last season.

Legien is the guy who's been the real surprise. Coming from Kootenay where he did very little (on a not so good team), he's scoring 2 points a game so far. Can't imagine that will continue but his only full season in the league before this he had a total of 8 points. 14 and counting so far (3G 11A).

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Peckford is doing really well this season. Early on he was getting all the prime PP time and scored some nice goals from the slot there. Now things are a bit more crowded with Soy's return, and I think he'll be slowing down a bit in point production. Still, a huge jump from last season.

Legien is the guy who's been the real surprise. Coming from Kootenay where he did very little (on a not so good team), he's scoring 2 points a game so far. Can't imagine that will continue but his only full season in the league before this he had a total of 8 points. 14 and counting so far (3G 11A).

That is quite a jump. I feel bad for Krebs. He's a sublime playmaker but he's stuck on a team that doesn't have much to help him succeed. And it doesn't look like Kootenay with get much better from here on out.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
The Hitmen are off to a horrible start. They can't score and they give up a lot of goals. I'm hoping they turn it around but it looks like it's going to be a long season for them.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kamloops is 0-9. Holy. Shit.

No reason the Cats shouldn't be able to make that 0-11 this weekend and you think if that happens there's going to be some major shakeups.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Royals lost their first game of the year in OT to Tri-City tonight.

Victoria didn't play very well either, outshot 19-6 in the first period alone, and the trend didn't get much better as the game went on.

0-0-1 as the #1 ranked team in the country.

Also, on the note of Legien (saw the posts above) I think he's interesting, but his skating will hold him back for sure.

ryleyb

Mar 29, 2016
Also, on the note of Legien (saw the posts above) I think he's interesting, but his skating will hold him back for sure.

Absolutely... Skating is not his strong suit. He does have bursts of speed in him when he sniffs a goal, but that will only get him so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad