2017-18 Training Camp... let the games begin!

RandomChickenWing

Sep 11, 2015
I would imagine Hammond, Taylor and Driedger would be in Binghampton battling for the starts. Meanwhile Hogberg would get starter minutes in the ECHL

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If he's not claimed on waivers (I'd say there's a non-zero chance he could go to Colorado, though I'm certainly not holding my breath on that one), then we need to see if we can loan Hammond out somewhere. For instance, there are lots of goalies here in the NLA who suck way worse than he does and those teams I'm sure would jump at the chance at adding a free NHL-caliber (albeit backup caliber) goalie for free.

I still like the guy, I don't wish ill on him or anything, but we just have too many goalies in the minor leagues and he's the obvious one with no future in the organization anymore. If we can't get an asset for him, and can't convince anyone to take him for free, then let's just wash our hands of the situation and give him a 6-month vacation in the Swiss alps playing for some garbage team like Langnau. Heck... Lausanne HC's starting goalie is Cristobal Huet, for christ's sakes, and he's 42.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I would imagine Hammond, Taylor and Driedger would be in Binghampton battling for the starts. Meanwhile Hogberg would get starter minutes in the ECHL

Since the Sens don't have an actual ECHL affiliate, they can't really dictate how much Hogberg plays. I am sure that based on talent alone, he would get the majority of starts, however, we would be sharing an affiliate, so that choice is out of the Sens hands.

RandomChickenWing

Sep 11, 2015
Since the Sens don't have an actual ECHL affiliate, they can't really dictate how much Hogberg plays. I am sure that based on talent alone, he would get the majority of starts, however, we would be sharing an affiliate, so that choice is out of the Sens hands.
Do we know which ECHL team we'd send Hogberg to? And which team(s) we'd be sharing the team with?

Edit: Looks like we'll be sharing the Brampton Beasts with Montreal

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giphy.webp

Training camp is over. my predictions Formenton to London, Harpur to Belleville
Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brassard Ryan
Dzingel Pageau Pyatt
McCormick Thompson Burrows
Brown - 9 games
Oduya Ceci
Phaneuf Claesson
Boro Wideman/Chabot

I think Chabot stays up , when EK comes back , decision to keep him up or send him down.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Chabot and Harpur reassigned

McCormick on waivers to be reassigned tomorrow

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Chabot and Harpur reassigned

McCormick on waivers to be reassigned tomorrow

I'm glad Chabot is going down. I think there's still work to do definitely.

Surprised they're waiving McCormick tbh. Hoping he's not claimed personally.

Formenton likely gets sent down whenever Brassard is ready to go for sure and Brown stays for 9 games and plays maybe 1 or 2 of those.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chabot going down really surprises me, I'll take that one on the chin.

Pretty silly, but it is what it is.

Our D is significantly weaker than last year.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Chabot's assignment is temporary, I think playing on a stacked Belleville defence is only going to benefit him. Wonder if they think EK is ready to go soon.

So there are 23 bodies left, with no contract I am surprised Forementon hasn't been assigned yet. I guess Brown gets 9 or less like Chabot last year.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
How long do you think Chabot is down for? 10 games or so?

Would be a nice upgrade on the 2nd pairing and powerplay. I'm assuming his defensive deficiences were exposed the past couple of games. Give him something to work on and then he comes back for good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->