Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
f*********king hell. Not the first time either.

Are we sure our trainers put enough strenght to knees (among other body parts). Both Fowler and Perry got major knee incidents in a freak, basically non contact play.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I'd like to imagine this is caused by Cogs walking into the locker room after some practice and audibly mumbling something about his knees feeling weak. Then the provisionally hired witch doctor worked his magic and ta-dah Perry sacrifices his knees for Cogs' streak.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'd like to imagine this is caused by Cogs walking into the locker room after some practice and audibly mumbling something about his knees feeling weak. Then the provisionally hired witch doctor worked his magic and ta-dah Perry sacrifices his knees for Cogs' streak.
First sacrificing was Boll though (not sure it was knee though). Good team player

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Honestly I'm surprised that this is the knee injury that puts Perry on the shelf, it looked pretty tame to some of the knee hyperextensions he's had in the last few years.

Reactions: Duck Off

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Are there any updates other than he was in hospital?

This sucks. Get our best C back and lose arguably our best winger the same game.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
giphy.gif

Games since last injury = 0

Reactions: Duck Off

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We should really do a injury prediction thread maybe it will counter jinx.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's really weird because it looks like is knee hit Skinner's hamstring which would hardly cause a knee injury. I wonder if Perry caught his skate in a rut, which twisted the knee, just before contact with Skinner. His foot/leg does a funny small twisting movement just before the impact.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
It was also tweeted that Lindholm and Ritchie are skating. Lindholm, Ritchie, and Blandisi could all play Thursday at St. Louis apparently.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Lindholm back on IR but going on road trip. Perry out at least a week where they will follow up on his knee.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
With Blandisi being healthy, does that mean we're not gonna call up Roy again?

Also this...

Road trip and your Reply # makes me laugh! Gotta ease the pain somehow!

Hopefully it means Shaw comes out for Roy/Blandisi

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm back on IR but going on road trip. Perry out at least a week where they will follow up on his knee.

Is that retroactive to when he was first injured or does it reset because he was taken off? I didn’t realise you could pick and choose when guys are on IR like that?

Also I’m assuming Perry is now on IR as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad