Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If we literally decide to play Paul Martin in place of an injured Burns, forcing a left handed defenseman to play the right side, while continuing to healthy scratch Tim Heed...wow.

Heed hasnt gone down has he?

Vlasic-braun
Dillon-demelo
Ryan-heed
Martin?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
If we literally decide to play Paul Martin in place of an injured Burns, forcing a left handed defenseman to play the right side, while continuing to healthy scratch Tim Heed...wow.
Don’t forget that Demelo left the end of last nights game with an apparent injury as well. If Burns and Demelo need time then Martin has to play. Unless we want to try Simek.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Before you guys get too too excited, I just wanted to say I don't have super high hopes for Balcers (yet). He is leading a offensively-struggling barracuda team in points, but he's not a super flashy offensive player. From the Barracuda games I've watched, he makes smart plays, but he's not the best dangler, isn't the fastest, and doesn't have the best shot. I personally don't think he's a standout player. He' good in the way that Danny o'Regan is good (he may be good in the AHL, but there's no guarantee he's good in the NHL). He still needs time to develop, and I don't think PDB will deploy him anywhere other than the fourth line, if he plays at all.

Of course, he may play on the first line and become the second coming of Jesus, but I thought I'd share my honest opinion of him.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Before you guys get too too excited, I just wanted to say I don't have super high hopes for Balcers (yet). He is leading a offensively-struggling barracuda team in points, but he's not a super flashy offensive player. From the Barracuda games I've watched, he makes smart plays, but he's not the best dangler, isn't the fastest, and doesn't have the best shot. I personally don't think he's a standout player. He' good in the way that Danny o'Regan is good (he may be good in the AHL, but there's no guarantee he's good in the NHL). He still needs time to develop, and I don't think PDB will deploy him anywhere other than the fourth line, if he plays at all.

Of course, he may play on the first line and become the second coming of Jesus, but I thought I'd share my honest opinion of him.
Rudy be thine name

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

He's only 20, where O'Regan was 23 when he came to the AHL. And I agree with you that I think Balcers needs another year or so to develop.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Heed and Sorensen sent down to be eligible for the AHL playoffs, which the Barracuda won't make. I'm guessing Sorensen will be staying down since Kane is now on the Sharks. Who knows with Heed, he may have been deported.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
LyVps6y.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->