Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Heed recalled again, obviously. I'm not sure why a forward wasn't recalled with him, the Sharks currently have 11 healthy forwards unless one of Hertl or Ward are ready to play again.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Heed recalled again, obviously. I'm not sure why a forward wasn't recalled with him, the Sharks currently have 11 healthy forwards unless one of Hertl or Ward are ready to play again.
Deboer is intent on leaving an empty spot in the lineup while Heed remains scratched. Just to make his point. And then he'll take DeMelo for cake after the game, but make Heed drive and sit in the car.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Deboer: Wait, we only have 11 forwards. This means we'd have to move Burns to forward and I have to play Heed. I WILL NOT PLAY HEED! Recall another forward damn it.

Poor Heed got his hopes up only to get crushed.

Heed goes into the locker room and sees all his gear in a locker, except for a pair of skates.

"Oh, you won't be needing those..." DeBoer says, a sneer crossing his lips as he breaks into a cackle. "Now I need you to take this plate of brownies to Dylan. And I counted them, so don't even think about taking one. They're not for you"

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Heed goes into the locker room and sees all his gear in a locker, except for a pair of skates.

"Oh, you won't be needing those..." DeBoer says, a sneer crossing his lips as he breaks into a cackle. "Now I need you to take this plate of brownies to Dylan. And I counted them, so don't even think about taking one. They're not for you"
I am seeing this happen when PDB is interviewed.

Reporter: Will we ever see Heed on the ice again. He was doing very well with 11 points in 27 games before getting healthy scratched.
PDB: We believe we have a really good D-man in DeMelo. We want to give him a chance to prove that he can match that level of production. Once he hits that level of point production we will re-evaluate both players and do the best thing for our team.

24 games later ... after our 81st game of the season.

Reporter: So DeMelo has hit his 11th point of the season in his 62nd game of the season (and 81st of the Sharks). Do you believe that Heed needs to be given a chance given that he has shown that he can produce points at a better rate than DeMelo while having defense at par with DeMelo.
PDB: Exactly. They both have 11 points and about the same level of defense. We are going to play DeMelo in the next game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I’d love for Balcers to get In a game but doubt he will. He could be a spark though

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Maybe Balcers needs one more year?
He’s doing great considering he’s the youngest player on the Barracuda on an NHL deal besides Roy who’s hurt. Giving him more time in the AHL isn’t a bad idea, but I agree with Jux that a cup of coffee would be a good idea.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Realistically, I think he'd benefit from another year in the AHL, but why not give him a cup of coffee to see how ready he looks against NHL opponents? It's the best way to show him what he still needs to work on.

This is where I'm at. Him playing now isn't "you're ready for the show." it's just a combo of the team needing someone short-term while they sort out the injury issues and a reward for the fact that he's having a damn fine season.

Unless he comes up and plays with his hair on fire, he should go down after a game or two and get the rest of his development.

Besides, I selfishly want to see the Cuda start next year with a line of Gamrbrell, Balcers, and Blichfeld :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This is where I'm at. Him playing now isn't "you're ready for the show." it's just a combo of the team needing someone short-term while they sort out the injury issues and a reward for the fact that he's having a damn fine season.

Unless he comes up and plays with his hair on fire, he should go down after a game or two and get the rest of his development.

Besides, I selfishly want to see the Cuda start next year with a line of Gamrbrell, Balcers, and Blichfeld :laugh:

:O

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Our top offensive performer and really the only dangerous offensive defenceman on the team is hurt. We need a replacement.

PAUL MARTIN TO THE RESCUE!

DeBoer:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If we literally decide to play Paul Martin in place of an injured Burns, forcing a left handed defenseman to play the right side, while continuing to healthy scratch Tim Heed...wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad