Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
So that means Goodrow and Carpenter staying with the Sharks.

At least one of the waiver-exempt forwards has to come down then: Sorensen, Meier or Labanc. DeBoer did not sound happy with Meier recently. I really wonder if he's getting sent down to start the season.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Technically he can keep everyone if Ryan and Heed are sent back down and we roll 6 D.

Although I would have rather just put Goodrow on waivers and let him tear up the Cuda.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Damn. I was really looking forward to the constant complaints about a player like Mashinter or Bollig taking a spot from 'offensively gifted' players like Sorenson...

Legit happy that Goodrow is on the squad. That guy is a decent 4th line option.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Damn. I was really looking forward to the constant complaints about a player like Mashinter or Bollig taking a spot from 'offensively gifted' players like Sorenson...

Legit happy that Goodrow is on the squad. That guy is a decent 4th line option.

Same. Happy for Goodrow and I hope he sticks. He brings more speed and physicality and forechecking that the team really does need.

Reactions: Phu

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
resize

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Man I remember when Pulkkinen was so hyped after his AHL playoff with Grand Rapids a few years back. Now he can't crack an expansion teams' roster.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Same. Happy for Goodrow and I hope he sticks. He brings more speed and physicality and forechecking that the team really does need.

I always thought Goodie showed NHL skills during the lost season. IIRC he would regularly get complimented by opposing team fans. It surprised me that he didn't make the team and has had so much trouble cracking the lineup since.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I think Goodrow can develop into a really nice bottom six player. I'm a fan of his and I hope he shows and sticks this year.

Also sorry if it's been posted somewhere but what's the word on Ryan and Heed?

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I think Goodrow can develop into a really nice bottom six player. I'm a fan of his and I hope he shows and sticks this year.

Also sorry if it's been posted somewhere but what's the word on Ryan and Heed?
Apparently Ryan isn't on the roster page, but until anything official comes out, I really hope he made the team in some capacity.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Mostly what i expected, surprised it was Goodrow over Sorensen. Not surprised it was Heed over Ryan. I would not get to excited, this is just for opening night before the revolving door of in season callups and send downs.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Mostly what i expected, surprised it was Goodrow over Sorensen. Not surprised it was Heed over Ryan. I would not get to excited, this is just for opening night before the revolving door of in season callups and send downs.

Yeah, exactly. The concept of "making the team" really doesn't have much significance anymore. Players will be moved up and down all year.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Maybe they dont want Sorenson getting killed in the NHL all season? Goodie can take some of the beating.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
All three clear waivers. So expect announcement sometime today (perhaps after 2pm PT deadline) that they've been assigned. (And the other moves needed to get to 23 by that deadline. Guessing Chartier will be on IR)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Chartier (concussion) and Korenar "still" on 23-man roster by my calculation.

Could be that there will be recalls tomorrow/tonight after Sharks can put guys on IR.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Heed over Ryan is perplexing, but it is what we all wanted originally. Just Ryan looked better than Heed the entire preseason.

Anyways, I have to go rub it in some people's noses that my boy Labanc made the team and Sorensen did not. Although none of it matters because all of them will be up and down regularly.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Heed over Ryan is perplexing, but it is what we all wanted originally. Just Ryan looked better than Heed the entire preseason.

Anyways, I have to go rub it in some people's noses that my boy Labanc made the team and Sorensen did not. Although none of it matters because all of them will be up and down regularly.

I think that Ryan was a casualty of his side. The Sharks don't have any question marks on the left side, Demelo and Heed are fighting for the 3rd pairing RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->