Injury Report: 2017-18 Season: Varly out Reg season, EJ out 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So will EJ be good for Tuesday? It's a likely loss on the road against the Mild but would be huge to steal one.

If EJ wears full contact today i think there is a good chance he'll play Thursday/Friday. Tuesday probably not.

We are in our personal playoffs atm so i think the Avs won't take a "safety first" approach with him for a change, he's simply to important. 95% EJ is still good enough to help the team - but i think we will see.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Yeah. Let’s not rush EJ.

Agreed. As much as I want him back it's best for him to get 100% even if we have to wait another week. The team can hold it's own as they have shown so I'd rather him be 100% for the last week or 2 and playoffs if they happen.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I can't be the only one who thought our playoff chances went up in smoke with EJs injury. So glad that proved to be wrong. Getting him back next week would be so awesome.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sadowski

"Berns is getting better," Bednar said. "I don't have an exact timeline on him yet, but the near future hopefully as long as he doesn't have any setbacks. Same thing with EJ. We're going to sit down and we're going to talk to try and get a plan for him and figure out what he's thinking when he can come back. We'll know more probably Sunday."

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We got to worry about Varlamov, but seriously what the hell has happened Barberio? I mean if it's an ACL tear why not just say he's done for the season? Being day-by-day for three months now is quite ridiculous.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
We got to worry about Varlamov, but seriously what the hell has happened Barberio? I mean if it's an ACL tear why not just say he's done for the season? Being day-by-day for three months now is quite ridiculous.

I have not heard specifically, but I think it has been hinted that he is dealing with a concussion.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Brutal.

It took until the last week but EJ got his annual major knee injury in. I don't even remember what happened to him. Didn't he finish the last game he played?

Reactions: shadow1

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Brutal.

It took until the last week but EJ got his annual major knee injury in. I don't even remember what happened to him. Didn't he finish the last game he played?

So we've lost our #1D and #1G for the rest of the season/playoffs. No big deal.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well, Bernier was the guy who pulled us into the playoff race to begin with, time to see if he can drag the team into the playoffs as well.

Losing EJ sucks but Barrie did so well in his absence last time that I still have hope.

Reactions: cgf and AvsGuy

Avs44

May 16, 2011
They need to find a Varly replacement. Love the guy, he showed he can still show up and perform at a top quality, but with his injury history he's just a part-time goalie. About the same needs to be said for EJ at this point, sadly. Favourite player on the club, but this is only going to get worse as he ages. In no way, shape or form should Barrie be traded this off-season barring an incredible return - he's the only thing holding the defense together.

This'll be a rough finish to the season, and an even rougher playoffs if they somehow make it there. Having two really quality D pairings as EJ rounded back into form, backstopped by a Varly playing excellent hockey, would have been awesome.

Reactions: AvsGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad