Injury Report: 2017-18 Season: Varly out Reg season, EJ out 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I much prefer upper body injuries (obviously) because at least they can continue to condition so the second they’re back to playing it’s a relatively quick turnaround.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't know where he'll fit in but I'm looking forward to seeing him back.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Every time the Avs posting something like "getting healthy" you know for a fact that at least 3 more bodies will drop in between days :)

But seeing EJ back on the ice is as suprising as it is encouraging.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Apparently he's not shooting, just skating to stay in condition. But that's leaps and bounds ahead of out for the season, which is what I was assuming.

Reactions: cgf

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
EJ may just be doing conditioning skates, but it seems like they wouldn't bother keeping him in top shape if they expected him to be definitely out for the season. Separated shoulders can be tricky, some are worse than others.

As for Lindholm, I have to wonder if the shoulder injury will make it harder for him to play physical at first. Which is concerning, because he is only really effective if he's playing that highly aggressive physical style. At his size, he has to be a little bit reckless to be useful in the D zone.

Reactions: cgf

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Didn't Dater (or somebody else) said that he has a dislocated shoulder? I highly doubt that he would be back on the ice after barely 2 weeks if that would be true.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
EJ may just be doing conditioning skates, but it seems like they wouldn't bother keeping him in top shape if they expected him to be definitely out for the season. Separated shoulders can be tricky, some are worse than others.

As for Lindholm, I have to wonder if the shoulder injury will make it harder for him to play physical at first. Which is concerning, because he is only really effective if he's playing that highly aggressive physical style. At his size, he has to be a little bit reckless to be useful in the D zone.

I was ok with Lindholm being out of the lineup.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I was ok with Lindholm being out of the lineup.
I don't hate him as much as others, so if he plays that low-event, hard-checking style in the D zone I'm happy to have him back over Warsofsky. He's a 6/7 D, nothing more, but at least he is an actual NHL player.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Getting EJ back let's say in the next 2 weeks or so would give the team a huge boost. Atm it's only a pipedream but seeing him back on the ice does get me excited :wave:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
i'm more than OK playing Lindholm over Whatwhowhysky. Him and Siemens as a 3rd pairing should be a pest to play against. At least when the other team has the puck, i'm a little bit afraid the other way around.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
i'm more than OK playing Lindholm over Whatwhowhysky. Him and Siemens as a 3rd pairing should be a pest to play against. At least when the other team has the puck, i'm a little bit afraid the other way around.

I'm just glad we don't lose any significant mobility with Lindholm over Warsoft. Our PP is covered as well with Girard and Barrie too. Seeing #5 have to PK last night wasn't fun.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Why? Both are okish with the first pass. Most of our offense comes from the rush and not sustained pressure so as long as they can retrieve the puck in the D zone and get it to the forwards quickly, it'd should be a decent bottom pair.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know I harp on Warsofsky a bit, mind you I don't think he's some kind of go-to option but I still think he's a better option than Lindholm. not by much but taking one more guy who can move the puck and replacing him with yet another guy who can't is, IMO, a mistake.

Also, I'm not convinced Lindholm is NOT an NHLer, but what I've seen doesn't impress me terribly. When he was checking everything that wasn't nailed down I quite liked him, but he lost that physical edge after breaking his jaw and hasn't gotten it back. Also, for a stay-at-home guy he sure gets caught up-ice a lot. You want defensive guys to know where to be, especially ones who aren't big like he is. But I don't see a lot of hockey smarts from him. Couple in the fact that he's got below-average puck skill and not-good size (decent wheels though) and I just don't see where/how he's a good fit.

Reactions: klozge

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sadowski

"Defenseman Erik Johnson, who remains on IR with an upper-body injury believed to be a shoulder, did some conditioning skating while wearing a non-contact jersey.

Forwards Vladislav Kamenev, who sustained a broken arm in his Avalanche debut Nov. 16 against Washington, and Sven Andrighetto (lower body injury) also skated.

Goalie Jonathan Bernier (concussion) did some work on the ice but isn't ready to be activated."

Reactions: S3rkie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->