Patrik Nemeth (shoulder): Expected to practice tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal and cgf

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
By request. Didn't think of it as needed until something serious came up but it is a good place to post updates. I'll try to keep OP as updated as possible. And please LIMIT DISCUSSION in this thread, keep it to updates and information sharing only please.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yep, time to get this thread rolling. Hopefully not serious for Nemeth and Jost. I didn't see anything in game.

Sucks for JT though. Really liked the way he was playing so far this year. He was playing some really tough defensive minutes and doing decently well with them.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yep, time to get this thread rolling. Hopefully not serious for Nemeth and Jost. I didn't see anything in game.

Sucks for JT though. Really liked the way he was playing so far this year. He was playing some really tough defensive minutes and doing decently well with them.

Absolutely! Compher looks like real player. He might be the most valuable piece in O'Reilly deal and love his skating ability..

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Absolutely! Compher looks like real player. He might be the most valuable piece in O'Reilly deal and love his skating ability..

I've felt that was about Compher for 2 years now :laugh: Every game I watch him play he reminds me more and more of O'Reilly. His stick work on the defensive end is fantastic, he has one of those never quit motors, and he has puck skills and offensive instincts that lend to him being in the right spot at the right time.

I even think he could be better than ROR, at least offensively. He's a significantly better skater(Best skater on the team IMO), and his shot is extremely underrated as well. The way he picked the corner on Rask was eye opening. I dont think he's quite as good of a passer as ROR is but they play an extremely similar game and I really think when he gets his chance in the Top 6 with even just slightly more favorable minutes, he'll break out in a big way.

He's my favorite prospect the Avs have right now.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not to beat a dead horse but he should still be in College right now. Was signed way too early, his body is clearly not ready for the rigours of an 82 game NHL season.
I don't know about this last injury as nobody knows how it happened yet, but the first two had nothing to do with his body not being ready for NHL.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Not to beat a dead horse but he should still be in College right now. Was signed way too early, his body is clearly not ready for the rigours of an 82 game NHL season.[/QUOTE]

This is my worry with Makar that he gets rushed to the pros too early when he would be better served getting at least another year in college to help develop his body. All it takes is one bad hit. I remember when Zadorov got absolutely trucked by Wilson and think what happens if Makar gets hit the same way.

Reactions: Cullen Bohannon

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Jost shouldn't be in the NHL right now. For his and the Avs future it would have been better to remain at college or at the very least start the season in the AHL.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
This is my worry with Makar that he gets rushed to the pros too early when he would be better served getting at least another year in college to help develop his body. All it takes is one bad hit. I remember when Zadorov got absolutely trucked by Wilson and think what happens if Makar gets hit the same way.

This is almost assuredly exactly what's going to happen with Makar because management is at their rope's end and any high profile draft pick they can push into the NHL in a desperate attempt to win games and fill seats will be rushed in.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I expect Zadorov to elevate his game to what he was prior to getting injured last season. I still think Z can be our solid top 4 d man.

I hope so ;)

There is one problem though, the Avs have left these few critical years of development for Zadorov in the hands of Bednar and company. It may not effect that much on how good Zadorov becomes but coaching can play a huge part in player development and Sakic has never assembled a good coaching staff. Surely that will and already has had an negative impact on our young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad