2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Hey guys hope someone can help me out there. I just picked up a pro player jersey and Denver Athletics don't have the material to do it. As well, Denver Athletics don't have the new Adidas materials for the new jerseys. Ugh...anyone recommend a different option?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hows he looked overall? 1-2 years away?
Brittain threw away that game as Fish score one late, mehhhh. Probably the best game he played in the AHL thus far, but I suggest he is still quite raw in overall terms. Going to be in and out of the line up this year, should be given top 6 minutes next year, and then in fall 2019 will be a big year for him in training camp.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I get that Meloche probably had a bit of a bumpy transition. The AHL is a tough league and it's a big jump from juniors especially for a defenseman. But I hope he starts getting fed minutes too. Only one way to learn how to play against men, I would hate for this to be a wasted year for him lost among the huge D logjam down there.

Also, Beaudin is at PPG on the Eagles. I wonder when there will be enough injuries to give him a shot in the A?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So, I don't have enough energy to follow the AHL, so I'll ask here. How do the two teams handle how prospects are used down there. How are minutes allocated. How does it all work. Who do the coaches actually work for? I find it to be a weird system for sure.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How it actually is handled is a mystery but generally the particulars is this. The affiliation agreement is still between Colorado and San Antonio. The Blues were without affiliation so they just loaned some players to SA, much like how we left Hammond in Belleville. The coaching staff and all are still supplied by Colorado. But it's clear there's some sort of agreement to take care of the Blues players.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
So, I don't have enough energy to follow the AHL, so I'll ask here. How do the two teams handle how prospects are used down there. How are minutes allocated. How does it all work. Who do the coaches actually work for? I find it to be a weird system for sure.

The agreement is weird, sharing an AHL team with a division rival - St Louis. I really don't know how they make this work, until next season with a team entirely their own to determine the performance.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It looks like they just told Veilleux to ice the best lineup based off the given roster. It doesn't seem either team's players are favored, as Meloche has been scratched and given bottom pairing minutes and Kostin has been demoted to the bottom 6.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He isnt good??

Haven't seen any rampage games in a couple weeks, but I bet Kostin's latest injury is still bothering him. I'm starting to suspect that that kid is just made of glass because he has picked up sooooo many minor injuries that have effected his play over the past few seasons.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I didn't watch the game last night, just watching the box score, but the Rampage just slaughtered Iowa in shot differential. It finished 47-25, but I think at one point during the game it was like 35-10. I am not sure how Martin played overall, but it seemed like his counterpart had to play great for Iowa.

Mironov and Bigras appeared to have an impact and were involved. Mironov and Bigras picked up an assist on the first SA goal and Mironov added a goal on his own later. They also, perhaps unfortunately, picked up three minor penalties (two for Bigras).

Between the two, I am starting to think Mironov has the brighter future with the organization. He is raw, but I think he is flashing some greater potential than Bigras at this time. I have always been a Bigras fan, so that it is somewhat tough for me to admit.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Once again this year a goddamned AHL injury to a key prospect happens at the worst possible time. Greer IMO is exactly what the Avs need right now. Unfortunately, dude hasn't been able to stay healthy this year. Have they specified what it is he's out with this time around? Hope it's not another concussion.

Jessica

17 year Rampage sth
Jul 1, 2005
San Antonio, TX
Once again this year a goddamned AHL injury to a key prospect happens at the worst possible time. Greer IMO is exactly what the Avs need right now. Unfortunately, dude hasn't been able to stay healthy this year. Have they specified what it is he's out with this time around? Hope it's not another concussion.

It is Greer's shoulder, asked him at a season ticket holder event last Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad