KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Raks Getz Perry
Cogs Kes Silf
Roy Henrique Kase
Ritchie/Grant Vermette Wagner

I like this because it gives the elite top line, and solid top 6. Also gives the 3rd line some great skill- although they may give up something on D. Only complaint, we won’t be very physical so we’d need a heavy 4th line

If ever healthy a lineup like this could go down as our deepest forward lines ever. That third line would eat other teams third lines alive.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Raks Getz Perry
Cogs Kes Silf
Roy Henrique Kase
Ritchie/Grant Vermette Wagner

I like this because it gives the elite top line, and solid top 6. Also gives the 3rd line some great skill- although they may give up something on D. Only complaint, we won’t be very physical so we’d need a heavy 4th line

I like these a lot, but I'd like to see Kase and Perry swapped. Perry and Henrique played great together and it makes our top 9 that much deeper.

Reactions: Getz2perry

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
We have 5 players that have played in every single game this season: 4 3rd/4th liners (Cogliano, Vermette, Wagner, Grant) and Josh Manson. And 2 players have only missed a single game: Shaw and Montour.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I want to see Kes back. The worrying part was... when he said in an interview that the fact he had to basically learn skating again (which I thought was a HUGE deal), was apparently the least of his worries (he said it himself). I dunno what is the problem there but I do not expect the prime Kes back. We can hope he will get to the high level again but I don`t expect too much of him from the start.

Oh and I found a video of us trying to avoid injuries every game like:
uXZmXXu.gif

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I want to see Kes back. The worrying part was... when he said in an interview that the fact he had to basically learn skating again (which I thought was a HUGE deal), was apparently the least of his worries (he said it himself). I dunno what is the problem there but I do not expect the prime Kes back. We can hope he will get to the high level again but I don`t expect too much of him from the start.
Add in that Kesler is getting older, a decline is to be expected.
Next season Kesler probably scores only 40 points.
At someone point next year they will have Steel playing a few games at least as he'll be in the AHL next season i assume & at least one of Getzlaf or Kesler will miss a few games next season due to some kind of injury that may happen.
2 years from now where will Kesler be at, 35-40 points in a season ?
in 2 years in 2019-20 season Steel should be centering a line with the team by then.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Based on what? I understand it’s the internet and you can post whatever you want. But that’s just a dumb take.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Penciling someone in to replace Kesler who has never played an NHL game. I think he is one of our best prospects but Kesler is big shoes to fill.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
And that is a different tune than "Steel may not even be an NHL player". The question for Steel has always been whether or not he will be in the top 6. I think most agree that's the sticking point, but he'll find a niche in the NHL. The question is where

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I mean Steel style is either top 6 or where? maybe 3rd line but his game is suited for top 6 if he pans out.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

Oh and I found a video of us trying to avoid injuries every game like:
uXZmXXu.gif

I'm not sure a statement like this is as bad as it sounds. Any time you have a surgery, there is a period of regaining your strength and range of motion. You can barely move the joint at first sometimes (depending on the procedure). I've had 5 shoulder surgeries, I'm familiar with the process. Once the joint is functioning properly again, I'm sure his experience and balance will come right back to him.

Also, I don't think the team would let him play if he wasn't at 100%. Lack of strength in a hip would not hold up to contact. I'd say the hip will be stronger than before the injury before they let him play. They're going work out his hip in ways he wouldn't have thought to before the injury. Isolating the stabilizing muscles, and things like that. He'll be rusty, but after a few games I think he'll be fine.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The next goal scorer to replace Corey Perry

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The next goal scorer to replace Corey Perry

Was literally just going to mention Etem. So many big time WHL scorers seem to fail in the nhl for whatever reason. I don’t think Steel will be one of them because he has excellent hockey sense but I don’t think he’s a sure thing either.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
That Etem mixtape is insane though he's like an adult playing with 14 year olds lol

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm really surprised Etem hasn't been able to carve out a career similar to Cogs. He always had the work ethic, obviously had speed, was willing to fight and take the body, and could pot a few goals now and then. Why he couldn't turn that into a bottom 6 energy role is a mystery to me.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm really surprised Etem hasn't been able to carve out a career similar to Cogs. He always had the work ethic, obviously had speed, was willing to fight and take the body, and could pot a few goals now and then. Why he couldn't turn that into a bottom 6 energy role is a mystery to me.

He's had some injuries maybe those slowed him down. I went to stick time a couple months ago at KHS and he was there I was doing one timers with him haha we were the only 2 on the ice it was pretty cool

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
etem is a mystery. seemed to have a lot of the tools but didn't have that hockey sense. it's almost like he was always so big and fast that growing up he didn't need to play smart to score and win.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I went on a few dates with a girl that knew him and she said he was a pretty big partier. That might have had something to do with it. Cogs has a pretty solid work ethic.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think it`s the hockey IQ . Etem was able to get things done physically (speed, strenght, he could even sometimes make a spectacular move on offense). But the overall consistency in the hockey IQ department was lacking. And yeah, defensively also offensively. He was the speedster in the W but outside of that his tools were not as great as we all thought. Speed is cool but if you don`t know what to do or just can`t do anything in that speed or also are not that great when the game slows down - there is not much use of that speed. Otherwise we could just sign a bunch of Olympic speed skaters and put them on the PK

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Watching cogs and Etem on the penalty kill was so much fun

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think it`s the hockey IQ . Etem was able to get things done physically (speed, strenght, he could even sometimes make a spectacular move on offense). But the overall consistency in the hockey IQ department was lacking. And yeah, defensively also offensively. He was the speedster in the W but outside of that his tools were not as great as we all thought. Speed is cool but if you don`t know what to do or just can`t do anything in that speed or also are not that great when the game slows down - there is not much use of that speed. Otherwise we could just sign a bunch of Olympic speed skaters and put them on the PK

What you say explains, to me, why he wasn't a success in a top 6 role. I really think he was trying to be the same type of player in the NHL as he was in the WHL. And I agree with you that that wasn't going to happen. But I'm of the belief that if he focused his effort on being a bottom sixer (somewhat like how Cogs accepted the transition) there was still enough talent, smarts, and work ethic (which should not be underrated in bottom 6 guys' evaluations) to make a solid career as a 8-10 goal, 25-30 point energy guy. You don't need the best hockey IQ to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->