FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia

tumblr_m2g3okKabU1rsaq0to1_400_medium.gif

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Going with the theme of the thread......10 game suspension for Radko.

At least they're consistent with protecting players.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And with him being a RHD, Morin still won't get the call up.

They could easily move someone to RD. Only one person doesn't play both sides: Provorov. But they won't because they'll just use Manning, who they vociferously feel is a starting-caliber defenseman.

If it was a LD that got this suspension, they'd still just use Manning over Morin.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They might just demote Alt when MacDonald is fit and go with 6 dmen. Gudas takes up a roster spot while he’s suspended, so he’s really let the team down.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
If toughness is so important in this league like some think it is, trading Gudas is a fools errand.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They could easily move someone to RD. Only one person doesn't play both sides: Provorov. But they won't because they'll just use Manning, who they vociferously feel is a starting-caliber defenseman.

If it was a LD that got this suspension, they'd still just use Manning over Morin.
Especially considering how good they looked together, Provorov-Ghost would be great and open a LD spot.

Only issue is then you don't have one or the other our for more then 2/3 of the game, but it's an option.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Especially considering how good they looked together, Provorov-Ghost would be great and open a LD spot.

Only issue is then you don't have one or the other our for more then 2/3 of the game, but it's an option.

I want that pair to get 27-30 minutes. But we know it's going to be something like:

Provorov-Mac/Hagg
Ghost-Mac/Hagg
Sanheim-Manning

Though I guess they could do Sanheim-MacDonald to ease the latter back. None of these sound pleasing :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I want that pair to get 27-30 minutes. But we know it's going to be something like:

Provorov-Mac/Hagg
Ghost-Mac/Hagg
Sanheim-Manning

Though I guess they could do Sanheim-MacDonald to ease the latter back. None of these sound pleasing :laugh:
Manning, MacDonald, and Hagg all in the lineup at once...

Not to mention Lehtera and Weise...

You know what this says to me? We're absolutely going to go on a winning streak.

Then they'll all stay in, even after everyone is healthy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

You know what this says to me? We're absolutely going to go on a winning streak.

Yeah..2 games..followed by 2 losses.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Talk about confirmation bias if they go on a win streak with MacDonald back in a big role.

Reactions: Striiker

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I have studiously avoided all the back and forth about Hak, Manning, and the rest of the drama. But for ****’s sake, this has gone on long enough. Time to cut bait with this crew. Morin needs his shot. Martel and Lindblom dessert their shots. ZKak needs to be taken out back with Manning and be shot. It’s gone too ****ing far. Enough already.

Reactions: Rebels57

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

If there is one player who should handle playing offside it's Provorov. He's no Pronger, but he should be fine.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If there is one player who should handle playing offside it's Provorov. He's no Pronger, but he should be fine.

I'm sure he could if needed, even if he has little experience there. When Ghost was paired with him, they were switching at times mid-play. There was definitely a bit of rovering going on.

That said, I don't see the need to put Provorov in any position than the one he'll be most successful in, which is LD. He has so rarely, if ever, played RD. Ghost/Hagg/Manning/MacDonald/Sanheim all are RD capable, to varying degrees. It would make Provorov individually worse and more uncomfortable and not make the team any better.

Reactions: Tripod and SnS

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I'm sure he could if needed, even if he has little experience there. When Ghost was paired with him, they were switching at times mid-play. There was definitely a bit of rovering going on.

That said, I don't see the need to put Provorov in any position than the one he'll be most successful in, which is LD. He has so rarely, if ever, played RD. Ghost/Hagg/Manning/MacDonald/Sanheim all are RD capable, to varying degrees. It would make Provorov individually worse and more uncomfortable and not make the team any better.
That's just something that can not be avoided, playing offside screws you mostly in transition. That's why players who are great at that aspect of a game are the ones able to play it on high level. Now if you have players like Amac and Manning, it doesn't matter they don't have the vision for successful breakouts anyway. Hagg is 20 games into his nhl career and already went from sheltered minutes straight to top pair being buried in dzone. Not sure if he needs to be jerked yet into a new spot playing on left side just yet. All in all it's all just f***ing jumbled mess and I have no confidence of Hak putting two of Provy, Ghost or Sanheim together to make one good pairing and instead handicap them the way he does with most everything else.

Filppula has 4 5v5 points in 247 minutes this year. Read had 6 in 261 minutes he spent on line with wonder twins last year, yet he won't even see the ice for such a waste of roster spot such as Lehtera or Weise. Whoever said that even if Martel ends up being called up he will see 6 minutes of ice time with Lehtera and will be criticized for not producing hit the nail on the head.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Patrick is the only player I can deal with really having an up and down season since I expected it. Simmonds not scoring in 12 games is unacceptable, if he's injured he should be watching. Weal and Konecny need to pick it up. Lehtera and Weise can go die in a fire.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->