Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
-Hmmm that lineup makes me think we are trading Tierney and Ward this season.
-I hope Hertl-Meier find some chemistry together and make the third line great again.
-Labanc and the Joes should be fun.
-Napkin line hopefully has a fully functioning Boedker on it.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
LeBlanc wasn't a very effective F1 last year as he was not strong on the boards, time will tell how he fits with the Joe's. Hansen seems like a better fit there.

It will be interesting to see if Wilson does anything around our excess of NHL forwards and cap space.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I wish Hertl was in time top 6 but since we don't have a capable 3c (I hope Tierney can make that jump) this line up is fine. Hertl-Meier is intriguing.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I think that Ryan was a casualty of his side. The Sharks don't have any question marks on the left side, Demelo and Heed are fighting for the 3rd pairing RD.
That and Heed gives them a legitimate offensive threat on the point for that 2nd PP unit.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Also as an aside, pretty cool that Goodrow and Carpenter are on the roster, making NHL checks (I think that's how that works on a 2-way) even though both were undrafted.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Ryan is waiting in the wings until DW packages one of Braun/Martin/Dillon and some 3rd/4th line forwards for more firepower up front.

:crossfing

Yeah definitely Dillon + Ward + Meier for Landeskog incoming.

Landeskog-Thornton-Pavelski
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Labanc-Hertl-Hansen
Karlsson-Tierney-Goodrow

Martin-Burns
Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Heed

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ward may end up being 14th forward. Don't know that the Sharks could get much for him in a trade. Might not even be wanted as a throw in on a package deal, unless doing a favor for DW.

By my count, Sharks have 44 contracts (max 50) and Barracuda 6 AHL contracts. (One NHL contract, Rod, assigned to European team; one AHL deal assigned to ECHL.)
14F, 7D, 2G

13F, 7D, 3G

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You sure LS? Didn't we send Grosenick down?

We definitely waived him yesterday and he definitely cleared, so I would assume he is no longer on the Sharks...

We also most definitely have 14 forwards: JT/Pavs/Labanc/Hertl/Couture/Donskoi/Hansen/Boedker/Meier/Ward/Karlsson/Tierney/Carpenter/Goodrow

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Regardless, we all know Josef Korenar (if he’s even real) is not going to be carried on the roster. Just ignore him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad