Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So Reina Tamaño, it looks like Dahlin (duh), Boosh, and Dobby will be gone by 16 and McIssac dropping, what blue liner meets your height supremicist ideals that could be reasonably considered at that slot?

Bode Wilde is the only one springing to mind right now.

Wilde would be a nice pick up. He's got an great shot, both his slapper, and especially his wrister, and a willingness to rush the puck and take it to the net. If he pans out, he'd be a great fit for the Avs preferred style of play, no matter who the coach is.

The Avs are positioned well to take on a bit more risk with their picks this year, in hopes of more reward. Especially in the middle of the 1st.

Avs love these big mobile defenseman too. He'll definitely be on their radar.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
How has Anderson looked in that series?
Played his role perfectly. The entire playoffs Swift had him in a shutdown role and matched him with the other teams top lines. Played heavy pk minutes and blocked a lot of shots. I still don't think he has an nhl future but he could fill Siemens role nicely down in the AHL. Is a great teammate and locker room guy as well which will always be important to have. He has progressed quite a bit since being drafted which is always good

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Played his role perfectly. The entire playoffs Swift had him in a shutdown role and matched him with the other teams top lines. Played heavy pk minutes and blocked a lot of shots. I still don't think he has an nhl future but he could fill Siemens role nicely down in the AHL. Is a great teammate and locker room guy as well which will always be important to have. He has progressed quite a bit since being drafted which is always good
Yeah, his offense never developed enough to make it in the NHL in even a 6/7 role.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Here I thought I would be able to watch Timmins in the MC but instead its going to be Anderson lol

Edit: Forgot about Henry with Regina as well

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

You can develop symptoms later on but it's still crazy they let him back in the game after that hit. They're done though so he doesn't have to try and rush back for anything. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and will be able to properly train to get ready for next season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
For people familiar with the AHL, there is almost nobody that was surprised at Yanni Gourde. Talk to coaches who went against him, and nearly everyone will say he was consistently the most difficult player to play against the past few seasons in the AHL. He had a huge amount of respect at that level of hockey, he's just continued it into the NHL.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

You can develop symptoms later on but it's still crazy they let him back in the game after that hit. They're done though so he doesn't have to try and rush back for anything. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and will be able to properly train to get ready for next season.

Yeah the CHL really needs to up their game with concussion protocol. It should be stricter to protect these kids on the verge of starting their career, than it is for millionaire NHL'ers. Not less strict.

Reactions: McMetal

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Boulding: Did the Avs tell you where you’ll be playing next season or where you fit with all of the other young players?
Shvyrev: No, Avalanche did not tell me nothing. I will just go and work.

Boulding: Are you prepared to spend time in the AHL, if that’s where they put you?
Shvyrev: Yes, I’m ready. I have to show, both in NHL and in AHL, my best qualities.

Good attitude. I'm excited that he signed with the Avs already.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Greer can’t score with Kamenev and Shyvy next to him, we will have a problem. Don’t waste time with Agozzinos, let’s see what AJ has with talented linemates.

We probably will never know what AJ could do with Shyvy and Kamenev. I believe it is likely that the Avs give Kamenev every opportunity to play in the NHL next season, at least based on the comments from Bednar last November and Sakic's more recent comments and how the Avs handled him throughout the course of the year. Kamenev will soon be 22 years old and has played nearly 150 games in the AHL. I don't see the point in him continuing in the AHL unless he seriously regresses. It just seems like a dead end for Kamenev in terms of his continued development.

I actually think the Avs will give Greer every opportunity to make the NHL team next season as well.

Some of this depends on what the Avs do in terms of free agency, but I don't expect the Avs to be overly aggressive.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Henry has been awesome in these Memorial Cup games. Why did he have such a rough regular season? Was it the injury he was coming back from?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
That was one of the most stereotypical junior games I've ever watched. Really happy for Henry though especially after not having the regular season he wanted to have due to injury. Have to imagine he'll be a target for whatever WHL team is hoping to make the Memorial Cup next year.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Someone convince me Makar is not Stefan Elliott please. Looking at some old clips of Elliott and damn he could move. Couldnt play a lick of defense but offensively it looked there. What went wrong with that dude.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Someone convince me Makar is not Stefan Elliott please. Looking at some old clips of Elliott and damn he could move. Couldnt play a lick of defense but offensively it looked there. What went wrong with that dude.

Well Makar isn't a vagina, and he can actually play defense. So that solves that.. Seriously? Dry the f*** out before you ask dumb shit questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad