Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
To my above post. They had 169 points from freshmen last year. They’ll 1000% be better next year.

They’re 5 top scorers were freshman. Cale obviously one of them. Only 1 of the top 10 scorers on the team was an upperclassman. Literally all of they’re best players are freshmen

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't care nearly as much about the quality of his team (although that certainly helps) as the quality of the teams he's facing. If his play without the puck is what needs to improve, best that he spends less time with it. Hopefully defending other top prospects from powerhouses like BU will push him to get better in that regard.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah I couldn't think of anywhere worse immediately.

You would go to the bowels of hell if Zadorov invited you.
You would go to detroit if Zadorov invited you.
You would go to minnesota if Zadorov invited you.

etc etc

I'm already going to hell, so I might as well have some good company with me :dunno:
Minneapolis/St. Paul is actually a really sweet town, you just have to pretend like the people aren't wild fans.

And eww, even I have my...dignity isn't the right word...

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That man is a National Treasure, and I don't mean the entertaining (yet laughably improbable) films starring the incomparable Nicolas Cage...actually, now that I think about it, I would pay to see Phil Kessell in a reboot of the National Treasure movies.

I would pay good money to watch a Toronto/Pittsburgh Phil Kessel Faceoff movie.

Toronto/Vancouver Brian Burke can play Travolta.

giphy.gif

YellowishKeenCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
SA lost to the Gulls 2-1 yesterday, with Kamenev picking up an assist on the lone SA goal.

SA was stoned by Reto Berra in the end (did I just type that?). The Gulls picked up a goal from Giovanni Fiore. In my next life, I want to come back with a name like Giovanni Fiore.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
SIAP - Makar only Freshman named; Shane Bowers honorable mention.

Makar and Bowers both named.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Primeau was named as a freshman too... but semantics. Hell of an accomplishment for a freshman.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Any chance Bowers turn pro next season? Also since he was a 1st round pick we'd get a compensation if for some reason he decides to stay 4 years at college and go FA correct?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Any chance Bowers turn pro next season? Also since he was a 1st round pick we'd get a compensation if for some reason he decides to stay 4 years at college and go FA correct?
No, no compensation picks for college UFAs, I hope it's a loophole that gets addressed in the next CBA. As for turning pro, I doubt it. Yes he had a great season, but he's still kind of raw and there is no more reason to rush him than there is for Makar. We have plenty of time with him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No, no compensation picks for college UFAs, I hope it's a loophole that gets addressed in the next CBA. As for turning pro, I doubt it. Yes he had a great season, but he's still kind of raw and there is no more reason to rush him than there is for Makar. We have plenty of time with him.

There is for 1st rounders of any sort that go unsigned. 30 picks after the original selection in the following draft when the rights are relinquished.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Chicago was compensated for Kevin Hayes

But no i wouldn't worry about that

I agree. I don't think he'll look at the Avs roster and say "man, that roster looks too good, no way I get a chance to crack that with the likes of Bourque and Toninato on it"

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree. I don't think he'll look at the Avs roster and say "man, that roster looks too good, no way I get a chance to crack that with the likes of Bourque and Toninato on it"

I dunno:

Landy - MacK - Mikko
Jost - Draisaitl - Svech
Nieto - Soda - Compher
Greer - Kamenev - Sven/Shvyry

could be pretty tough for him a year from now :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad