Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Prospect Signings Thread

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
It's an NHL deal. The Flames also tweeted about it, this was just the first link I found.

Gawdin's a former Blues dract pick from 2015, lost his rights by not signing him before June 1st of this year. Apparently the Flames discussed giving him an ELC after their rookie camp (Where he was an invite) this year, but never did. Apparently his season in the WHL this year was enough to convince them otherwise.

I can't remember the last time two CHL overagers signed contracts so early in the season, both Gawdin and Fortier now.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It's an NHL deal. The Flames also tweeted about it, this was just the first link I found.

Gawdin's a former Blues dract pick from 2015, lost his rights by not signing him before June 1st of this year. Apparently the Flames discussed giving him an ELC after their rookie camp (Where he was an invite) this year, but never did. Apparently his season in the WHL this year was enough to convince them otherwise.

I can't remember the last time two CHL overagers signed contracts so early in the season, both Gawdin and Fortier now.
Thanks for this. When I saw the Stockton tweet I thought for a minute he was going there.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

I'm extremely whelmed by this signing. His numbers are great in a vacuum, but in the context of being an overager who isn't even leading his team in scoring I don't think it's all that promising. Free asset, though.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I'm extremely whelmed by this signing. His numbers are great in a vacuum, but in the context of being an overager who isn't even leading his team in scoring I don't think it's all that promising. Free asset, though.
He’s not leading his team in scoring but he’s going 2.25 PPG :laugh:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He’s not leading his team in scoring but he’s going 2.25 PPG :laugh:
Yeah, and that's pretty dank, but it's not particularly uncommon for overagers to put up gaudy numbers, either (granted I don't know if 2+ PPG is all that common).

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Man, NHL teams LOVE that guy. He got rated surprisngly high in the CSS lists a couple of times IIRC, received several rookie camp invites and now an ELC. I've never really seen that much NHL potential, honestly, but kuds to him!
I agree but if he was ranked so high and teams loved him why didn't they draft him when they had the chance?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Pierre-Oliver Joseph off to a strong draft+1 season. Good to see the team reward him with the early ELC & signing bonus.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, and that's pretty dank, but it's not particularly uncommon for overagers to put up gaudy numbers, either (granted I don't know if 2+ PPG is all that common).

He's also playing with some pretty decent linemates. ;) At least, last I heard he was still with them.

The KZB

Dec 12, 2017
Some quick questions on the expiry date of some pending prospects that for the most part aren't on the list and that a few of you might be able to answer:

ANA - '15 6th Garrett Metcalf (drafted from USHL; currently in NCAA)
BUF - '16 7th Vasily Glotov (drafted from MHL; currently in QMJHL)
NYR - '15 7th Adam Huska (drafted from SVK/USHL; currently in NCAA)
PHI - '15 3rd Brendan Warren (drafted from USHL; currently in NCAA)
PIT - '16 2nd Kasper Bjorkqvist (drafted from FIN; currently in NCAA)
TBL - '15 6th Kris Oldham (drafted from USHL; currently in NCAA)
TOR - '15 3rd Martins Dzierkals (drafted from LAT/MHL; currently in AHL/ECHL/limbo)

Metcalf, Huska, Warren, and Oldham I imagine just simply become FAs after college is done - easy answer, but can't remember what it means for Bjorkqvist to go from Europe to NCAA.
And do Glotov and Dzierkals get the standard European 4 year treatment, or does the "rights-until-27" policy extend from KHL to the MHL?

As far as I know, that is correct with Huska. However, I don't think Huska will go to free agency though because he's friends with the Rangers' 2017 second 1st round pick Filip Chytil.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Barrie Colts centre Aaron Luchuk has signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Ottawa Senators, the team announced Tuesday.
The 20-year-old from Kingston, Ont., ranks second in scoring among Ontario Hockey League players this season, recording 192 points over 239 games with the Windsor Spitfires and the Barrie Colts. He was traded to the Colts on Dec. 14.
Barrie centre Aaron Luchuk inks 3-year entry deal with Sens

Luchuk was undrafted

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Undrafted forward who missed all of the 16/17 season due to injury. Seems like he hasn't missed a beat coming back this year, so good for him to earn a deal.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Was wondering when someone was gonna give Halbgewachs a shot. A 50 goal/100+ point player in the WHL last season. Knock on him is he's 5'8 165 lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad