Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Prospect Signings Thread

maximafinogenov7

May 10, 2018
There was a some rumours(Carolina interest) about Slovak goalie Patrik Rybar, 24. Do you know something more? Is there interest from any of the teams in NHL?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Wonder if there is actual bad blood or something going on between the Wild and Kaapo Kahkonen whose rights are set to expire on June 1st. For a team lacking goalies with NHL potential it's really weird that Kahkonen has remained unsigned for so long from the Wild's POV which leads to the belief either Kahkonen isn't a fan of the Wild organization or just isn't interested in playing in the NHL.
Here you go!

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I think you can sign European players to ELCs at 24-26.

I want to say it's only 1 year max and then they're restricted free agent status.
You're right and I stand corrected.

9.1 (c) of the CBA:

"Notwithstanding the chart set forth in (b) above, a Player who at the time he was
drafted was playing for a team outside North America or who meets the qualifications set forth in
Article 8.4(a)(v) (a "European Player") who signs his first SPC at ages 25-27 shall be subject to
the Entry Level System for one (1) year. A European Player who signs his first SPC at age 28 or
older is not subject to the Entry Level System under any circumstances"

Reactions: Sticktape

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad