Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Prospect Signings Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What was his deal with a year of Minnesota HS hockey? Was he considering going the college route at one point?

It's interesting from a CBA standpoint. If he had stayed in Europe up until this point, Westerholm would have had to enter the draft one last time this June. But since he played a season in North America during a draft eligible year, he counts as a "North American trained" player and was free to sign an ELC.

Reactions: wej20

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs sign freshmen Josh Dickinson from Clarkson University who so happens to be Jason Dickinson's brother. Posted some solid stats as a freshmen, but surprised to see a freshmen leave school so early considering I don't think he will be eligible for the CHL next year either.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Avs sign freshmen Josh Dickinson from Clarkson University who so happens to be Jason Dickinson's brother. Posted some solid stats as a freshmen, but surprised to see a freshmen leave school so early considering I don't think he will be eligible for the CHL next year either.
Fan of his from the Raiders. Not sure if he'll be an NHL player, but glad to see he'll get a shot

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Rathgeb, 22, scored 28 points (eight goals, 20 assists) in 38 games last season, his third with Fribourg-Gotteron of Switzerland's National League. The Langenthal, Switzerland native led all team defensemen in points and tied for eighth amongst league defensemen.
In 133 career games with Fribourg-Gotteron, Rathgeb scored 28 goals and 61 assists. He was named the league's top rookie in 2015-16 and posted a career-high 34 points in 45 games in 2016-17.
Prior to his professional career, Rathgeb played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League, totaling 37 points (12 goals, 25 assists) in 91 games.
On the international stage, Rathgeb represented Switzerland at the 2014 and 2015 World Junior Championships and the 2013 Under-18 World Junior Championships. He also appeared on Team Switzerland at the 2018 Spengler Cup.

Right from the article

Reactions: donut

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
The first time I saw his last name I thought it was spelled backwards. Starting a name with R and ending with B is pretty uncommon.

Good signing

Reactions: HailMcJesus

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Rathgeb, 22, scored 28 points (eight goals, 20 assists) in 38 games last season, his third with Fribourg-Gotteron of Switzerland's National League. The Langenthal, Switzerland native led all team defensemen in points and tied for eighth amongst league defensemen.
In 133 career games with Fribourg-Gotteron, Rathgeb scored 28 goals and 61 assists. He was named the league's top rookie in 2015-16 and posted a career-high 34 points in 45 games in 2016-17.
Prior to his professional career, Rathgeb played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League, totaling 37 points (12 goals, 25 assists) in 91 games.
On the international stage, Rathgeb represented Switzerland at the 2014 and 2015 World Junior Championships and the 2013 Under-18 World Junior Championships. He also appeared on Team Switzerland at the 2018 Spengler Cup.

Right from the article

So came over to North America to play, didn't get drafted, went back to Switzerland to improve his game, won rookie of the year, and has finally done enough to garner interest and earn an NHL contract?

Good for the kid, and I'll take a free prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->