GWT: 2017-18 Premier League Round 6

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He had a good season last year.

I don't like Karius either. So what I'm really saying is play Ward.

Barely a month into the season you're done with migs. Truth is he was never good and Kloop/Liverpool botched his extension and his "replacement"

They should just buy Oblak if they are in CL again.

Liverpool have 100mill to spend on a keeper?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Barely a month into the season you're done with migs. Truth is he was never good and Kloop/Liverpool botched his extension and his "replacement"

Liverpool have 100mill to spend on a keeper?

If they get van Dijk in January, and make CL they do.

If they don’t get van dijk, they might.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Milner MOTM for clearing up all the loose trash at the end.

Off to Moscow now. Promes won't be playing for Spartak.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can's arm wasn't a handball it was directly down and at his side. Reaching.

Glad we managed the win despite the 12th man. On to the next. Gomez looked tired, Can was literal garbage as usual and should never play for us, Lovren was shaky and I'd rather see Gomez play CB with TAA in.

That said Leicester played like a bunch of thugs. Constant grabbing, pulling and fouls but the refs let so much go. It's a good way to keep things close with a far superior team if they're going to let it go. It's gross.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Can's arm wasn't a handball it was directly down and at his side. Reaching.

Glad we managed the win despite the 12th man. On to the next. Gomez looked tired, Can was literal garbage as usual and should never play for us, Lovren was shaky and I'd rather see Gomez play CB with TAA in.

That said Leicester played like a bunch of thugs. Constant grabbing, pulling and fouls but the refs let so much go. It's a good way to keep things close with a far superior team if they're going to let it go. It's gross.

Far superior team??? LOL

That far superior team lost to them mid-week (albeit in a low level cup game but still far superior should have the depth to win) and needed a terrible penalty saved and a clear penalty not called to win the game.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
No I didn't what I wrote is quite different from what you are claiming.

Sure, Klopp said he was tired of the defensive mistakes and it was posted in one other threads recently. Your posts in the general league thread are something else too in regards to Liverpool. Anyways, Im done with the conversation.

No, he meant that Liverpool fans (which doesn't include everyone IMO) say nothing's concerning about their defense.
Trolling maybe, flaming I don't see.

fair enough.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
On a bright note Coutinho was fantastic, Ox looked great after coming on, Sturridge was fantastic in his cameo and Wijnaldum continues to play well but needs to put his shots on target.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Even though they won, I gotta conduct a LOLiverpool post.

Another; Manchester clubs have had such an easy schedule post except for one game against the Reds post.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can's was absolutely a penalty. Evened out the iffy one, but it's a penalty 10/10.

It's definitely not. The definition of ball to hand and I can't stand Can. His arm was directly down and at his side. Never a penalty.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It was a penalty but despite some horrendous officiating it all turned out fairly in the end. Still can't believe the Leicester goal where their player grabs the keeper and another one gives an offside header, but perhaps fouling their keeper is something Liverpool needs to start doing if they've conceded two goals because of it. Of course Leicester also had an onside goal disallowed, so like I said it was fair in the end.

I would really like to see Milner on as an automatic 20 minutes substitution if Liverpool are leading. He doesn't like defending but his defensive instincts are very good, so too bad for him but he needs to be brought on to defend.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah it was a pen, simply because Can's arm got in a way of a dangerous cross. What is called "increasing the surface of your body with your arm" usually.
Bu as been said, the previous penalty call was iffy to say the least. I think the goalie touches the ball first, which is decisive to whistle penalty or not.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Far superior team??? LOL

That far superior team lost to them mid-week (albeit in a low level cup game but still far superior should have the depth to win) and needed a terrible penalty saved and a clear penalty not called to win the game.

You cannot be serious. Is this performance art?

I love nothing more than to take shots at Liverpool as a United fan, but this isn't close to being true. Leicester isn't good. At all.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah they're in 16th place, but they have a few good attackers. The kind of bad team Liverpool always struggles with and this was the first time they beat them in Leicester since they came back into the top flight. Since 1996 for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad