2017-18 Playoff Watch

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Inb4 Avs get their ass kicked by Vegas to sway the consensus here to want Jets or Preds instead. You guys are so fickle. :sarcasm: I personally want the Jets, not that we can get by them, but I think it would be great bloodbathe hockey.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Inb4 Avs get their ass kicked by Vegas to sway the consensus here to want Jets or Preds instead. You guys are so fickle. :sarcasm: I personally want the Jets, not that we can get by them, but I think it would be great bloodbathe hockey.
I want to stay as far away from Winnipeg as possible.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want to stay as far away from Winnipeg as possible.
Not arguing that, but I kind want Preds and VGK to make a partial deep runs so that's why I prefer going after Jets. I mean if Avs do lose somewhere, I still want Predators to win the Cup personally.

E: Here are the regular season series between all playoff clubs.

2017-2018 Current NHL Playoff Matchups, Pairings - National Hockey League - ESPN

Jets own Wild
Preds own Kings
Sharks own Ducks
Leafs own Bruins
Pens own Flyers

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not arguing that, but I kind want Preds and VGK to make a partial deep runs so that's why I prefer going after Jets. I mean if Avs do lose somewhere, I still want Predators to win the Cup personally.

2017-2018 Current NHL Playoff Matchups, Pairings - National Hockey League - ESPN

Jets own Wild
Preds own Kings
True, but if the Avs play Vegas I think we have a legitimate chance at making a run towards the WCF. This is the optimist in me speaking but I really do believe we'd beat Vegas in the 1st round, and then we'd have a matchup with one of the three California teams.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
True, but if the Avs play Vegas I think we have a legitimate chance at making a run towards the WCF. This is the optimist in me speaking but I really do believe we'd beat Vegas in the 1st round, and then we'd have a matchup with one of the three California teams.
How I see it; Avs best chance is against the VGK so again I agree, however I am under the impression that this Nathan MacKinnon can beat any team in the league. Because of that I am not scared of the Jets nor Vegas nor Wild (except the Preds who have three pairings that can potentially shut him down). On the other hand when we match up team versus team with the rest, we're probably one of the worst teams in the playoffs along with the Devils currently. Not because our team is bad, but because all our depth pieces are too young and too inconsistent as we speak. I am an optimist at heart, but this year will be a learning and building year.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I said this already but for us to have any chance of moving on we're going to have to magically improve on the faceoff a lot
And probably don't play Jost and Compher together

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How I see it; Avs best chance is against the VGK so again I agree, however I am under the impression that this Nathan MacKinnon can beat any team in the league. Because of that I am not scared of the Jets nor Vegas nor Wild (except the Preds who have three pairings that can potentially shut him down). On the other hand when we match up team versus team with the rest, we're probably one of the worst teams in the playoffs along with the Devils currently. Not because our team is bad, but because all our depth pieces are too young and too inconsistent as we speak. I am an optimist at heart, but this year will be a learning and building year.

Jets can throw 3 consecutive lines of top tier forwards at you night after night and it will never stop. Our top line can win us a game (maybe) but very unlikely to win the series. That's just too much.

Vegas on the other hand is a bunch of overachievers...if we catch them not overachieving we beat them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I prefer the Golden Knights because I'd rather be in the pacific bracket to build some out of division rivalries and they're our best chance to advance; but I'd rather test ourselves against the Preds than Jets if we get in on the central side of the bracket.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Jets own Wild
Preds own Kings
Sharks own Ducks
Leafs own Bruins
Pens own Flyers
It's interesting to me that the only match ups where one team isn't dominate are ours (potentially) and NJ v. TB.

Also with you on the Preds being my favorite team besides the Avs in the playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jets can throw 3 consecutive lines of top tier forwards at you night after night and it will never stop. Our top line can win us a game (maybe) but very unlikely to win the series. That's just too much.

Vegas on the other hand is a bunch of overachievers...if we catch them not overachieving we beat them.
I mean, I want to stay away from Winnipeg, but I don't think they're THAT good. Scheifele having injury issues, Trouba having injury issues. Plus, they've never actually won a playoff series.

They'll be a tough matchup no doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were a 1st round exit if they play Minnesota.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I mean, I want to stay away from Winnipeg, but I don't think they're THAT good. Scheifele having injury issues, Trouba having injury issues. Plus, they've never actually won a playoff series.

They'll be a tough matchup no doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were a 1st round exit if they play Minnesota.

That would surprise me greatly.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I can't believe I'm watching this game between LA and Minny, I hate both teams.

Being in the race makes us do weird things.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Unfortunately this feels like an overtime game, more bummed that it means I'll have to stomach even more time watching :/

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Minny just doesn't ever feel like a dangerous team no matter what the situation is.
Is it bad that I desperately wish we could play them in the first round? I thought they just were snakebitten by us but they look like a total pushover in every game I've watched them this season.

Reactions: cgf and S3rkie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Is it bad that I desperately wish we could play them in the first round? I thought they just were snakebitten by us but they look like a total pushover in every game I've watched them this season.
Hah same, I was fantasizing about a way we could meet them in the WCF if all the stars aligned. No way they win a series this year though unless WPG just tanks in the first round.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I think those series go 4-1 to Nashville and 4-2 to Winnipeg if we played them today. Lets see what happens here in the last 10 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad