NCAA: 2017-18 Playoff/New Years Six Watch

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Osu is gonna make it if they win out. Wins over Penn State. Michigan State. Wisconsin and then you could count Michigan (one of the best defenses in the country) along with the big ten crown. Yeah who can beat that?

Alabama. Clemson/Miami. Oklahoma. Ohio State are my picks

My chaos picks are

Clemson/Miami. Oklahoma/whoever can win the big 12 Auburn. Alabama

Wisconsin is a nice win, Penn State good but Michigan and Michigan State are average. UCF would have good wins over Memphis twice and USF and wins over average Navy and SMU. UCF would also have 0 loses while OSU was blown out twice.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wisconsin is a nice win, Penn State good but Michigan and Michigan State are average. UCF would have good wins over Memphis twice and USF and wins over average Navy and SMU. UCF would also have 0 loses while OSU was blown out twice.

The AAC went 25-16 (with a few more games to go) out of conference, which isn't good at all. That is basically what a conference's strength of schedule is based on. UCF's opponents have a 45-34 record (of course, not counting the games UCF beat them in). That isn't that great.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The AAC went 25-16 (with a few more games to go) out of conference, which isn't good at all. That is basically what a conference's strength of schedule is based on. UCF's opponents have a 45-34 record (of course, not counting the games UCF beat them in). That isn't that great.

Wisconsin's opponents combined record is 46-45 not counting the games Wisconsin beat them in, that's worse. As for the conference schedule it's still a winning won OOC. But look at some of the loses Oklahoma beat up a bad Tulane, Virginia Tech a bad ECU, TCU at home over SMU, West Virginia a bad ECU, Michigan a bad Cincinnati, Oklahoma State a bad Tulsa. It's not like the top teams were taking it on the chin, the bottom feeders were getting wrecked which is the norm for G5 conferences. But the top teams took care of their business and the top P5 teams usually won't schedule them.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

It’s what the commit will think. Michigan State and Michigan have the best defenses in the country. If Ohio State blows them both out. Well the blowout losses cancel them out. And then they have Penn State. Wisc and the conference title

Ucf won’t get any love because they aren’t power five. Sucks cause some of the teams that go on good runs can actually challenge the teams and maybe even win

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It’s what the commit will think. Michigan State and Michigan have the best defenses in the country. If Ohio State blows them both out. Well the blowout losses cancel them out. And then they have Penn State. Wisc and the conference title

Ucf won’t get any love because they aren’t power five. Sucks cause some of the teams that go on good runs can actually challenge the teams and maybe even win

I don't know where you get your stats from but Michigan States defense is behind USF in total defense and scoring defense. So if Ohio State gets credit for beating MSU then UCF will for beating USF so that's one less thing they have going for them. UCF still have Memphis and if Navy beats ND another good victory and they'd have a conference title too. So Ohio State would have 1 better win, Wisconsin, but 2 awful loses.

The Big 10 doesn't deserve to send a team to the playoffs unless they go undefeated. They've embarrassed themselves and the playoffs the last two years by being shut out twice. I'll tell you right now, there's no chance in hell UCF gets shut out no matter who they play.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
10. PSU
9. Ohio State
8. Notre Dame
7. Georgia
6. Auburn
5. Wisconsin
4. Oklahoma
3. Miami
2. Clemson
1. Alabama

No respect for Oklahoma and Clemson is overrated

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Let's see, out of the top 7, Miami and Clemson will play for the ACC ship. Alabama and Auburn play in one week and the winner plays Georgia in the SEC ship. A lot will still change.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What if Oklahoma loses? Does Penn State/Notre Dame get in with two losses? Does the Big 12 winner jump them?
Unfortunately there is no way Penn State gets in. Im surprised they are even top 10.

Better question, what if Bama beats Auburn but loses to Georgia and Ohio State beats Wisconsin, but loses to Michigan? :help::huh::laugh:

How's that for chaos.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Unfortunately there is no way Penn State gets in. Im surprised they are even top 10.

Better question, what if Bama beats Auburn but loses to Georgia and Ohio State beats Wisconsin, but loses to Michigan? :help::huh::laugh:

How's that for chaos.

Not even if they win the Big Ten? I know it happened last year, but two years in a row?

If Bama beats Auburn but loses to Georgia by a score, I think Bama still gets in.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Not even if they win the Big Ten? I know it happened last year, but two years in a row?

If Bama beats Auburn but loses to Georgia by a score, I think Bama still gets in.
I don't really think there is any hope of Penn State getting in the B1G. Ohio State would have to lose out I think.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Mississippi State remaining at #16 after a loss is laughable. Can't help but think this is some preliminary posturing by the committee to make the resume of a hypothetical 1-loss Alabama look better.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
If Alabama, Miami, Wisconsin and UCF win out..... Bama/Miami/Wisconsin/UCF?

I'm all for a undefeated UCF in the playoff...but it's highly improbable. You'd need the above to happen, and likely TCU and OK State both losing this weekend, allowing a 3-loss TCU to beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 CCG. Notre Dame needs to pick up a loss, because you know the committee loves them. And the PAC 12 probably needs to shake out in a way that leaves a 3-loss champion. Not saying it's right, but it's reality.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm all for a undefeated UCF in the playoff...but it's highly improbable. You'd need the above to happen, and likely TCU and OK State both losing this weekend, allowing a 3-loss TCU to beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 CCG. Notre Dame needs to pick up a loss, because you know the committee loves them. And the PAC 12 probably needs to shake out in a way that leaves a 3-loss champion. Not saying it's right, but it's reality.

If the committee isn't already a joke, having a 2 loss team in over an undefeated one will just take whatever credibility they had left and toss it out the window. UCF has a schedule not far behind Wisconsin, there's no reason they're 5 and we are 15. Every team with a loss in front of UCF has been blown out at one point while UCF is blowing teams away.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

How's that for chaos.

Ohio State is done and then Georgia makes it. Have to see where wisc lands if they beat Michigan to judge the loss to Ohio State.

Alabama probably makes it 4

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yep probably gonna play out like

Alabama. Clemson. Oklahoma. Ohio State.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Miami take clemson or auburn to be in it either

You really think Ohio State gets in? They have 1 good win on their record, PSU who gave that game away. But they have 2 horrible loses. Beating Michigan isn't going to be impressive as it will be their 4th loss and they aren't good, Michigan State is average at best. Beating Wisconsin is good but at some point you have to look at those loses and say there's no way a team loses 31 is one of the 4 best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->