NCAA: 2017-18 Playoff/New Years Six Watch

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What a joke, UCF is undefeated and has a victory over another top 25 team yet are behind several 2 loss teams.

Sep 19, 2008
Why should they like the Big 10? Everyone in that playoff deserves to be there. ND's only loss is to UGA who is undefeated. Clemson has pounded everyone but Syracuse. Alabama and UGA are no brainers.

Sep 19, 2008
They aren't going to put a non Power 5 team in the playoff barring a really sensational season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Their 2nd best win, Navy, is better than Washington's best Fesno State and on par with Wisconsin best in Northwestern.

Wisconsin is undefeated and in a P5. Washington has one loss and in a P5. Like it or not..UCF is small potatoes. Clemson has one loss on the road but they also have road wins at Louisville and Va Tech and a home win against Auburn.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wisconsin is undefeated and in a P5. Washington has one loss and in a P5. Like it or not..UCF is small potatoes. Clemson has one loss on the road but they also have road wins at Louisville and Va Tech and a home win against Auburn.

What does P5 matter when your schedule sucks? UCF so far as a G5 team has played better teams. Clemson has played better teams than us not arguing that, they still have a bad loss that we don't.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
What does P5 matter when your schedule sucks? UCF so far as a G5 team has played better teams. Clemson has played better teams than us not arguing that, they still have a bad loss that we don't.

People rank Wisconsin and UCFs schedule neck and neck with Wisconsin slightly higher now these change throughout the year but nobody thinks ucfs schedule is any bit better then most teams. Good system only gets you so far when a team like bama is so much faster and stronger

I’m all for ucf getting in if teams have losses. If they win they win. I was wanting wmu to get in if teams had losses

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
People rank Wisconsin and UCFs schedule neck and neck with Wisconsin slightly higher now these change throughout the year but nobody thinks ucfs schedule is any bit better then most teams. Good system only gets you so far when a team like bama is so much faster and stronger

I’m all for ucf getting in if teams have losses. If they win they win. I was wanting wmu to get in if teams had losses

Wisconsin's opponents combined record is 29-37 while UCF is 30-25. Going forward their best game is Michigan who is looking worse than USF who UCF finishes the year with. Their schedules aren't neck and neck, even if they were why are they 9 and we are 18?

Why do they need 2 loses for us to make it? UCF has talent that can play with anybody, even Alabama doesn't scare me that much. We will move the ball on them and our run defense is strong and don't think Hurts is a great passer. We probably lose but so will everyone else, if undefeated we should get that chance.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wisconsin's opponents combined record is 29-37 while UCF is 30-25. Going forward their best game is Michigan who is looking worse than USF who UCF finishes the year with. Their schedules aren't neck and neck, even if they were why are they 9 and we are 18?

Why do they need 2 loses for us to make it? UCF has talent that can play with anybody, even Alabama doesn't scare me that much. We will move the ball on them and our run defense is strong and don't think Hurts is a great passer. We probably lose but so will everyone else, if undefeated we should get that chance.

Well send a strongly worded letter to the guys that rank sos. Combined records literally mean nothing when those guys don’t play anybody either

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well send a strongly worded letter to the guys that rank sos. Combined records literally mean nothing when those guys don’t play anybody either

Already sent it. So what means something to the committee, what conference you're in? No other explanation.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
At this rate Washington will be lucky enough to be in an NY6 game (some good matchups I wouldn't mind seeing in the Fiesta or Cotton Bowls, so I'll be content). I can't wait for the Steve Sarkisian OOC schedule to be over.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Already sent it. So what means something to the committee, what conference you're in? No other explanation.

Something will happen where a conference champ means something this year even though last year it meant nothing. The commitee is pretty trash. Can’t wait for the 8 bracket to happen there’s really no schools at that point that get left out. I know schools would want 12 and then 16 but 8 is really good when you think about it

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Surprised Georgia is 1, but I guess winning in South Bend is the reason. Auburn will have to play 3 of the top 4 teams, yikes.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Something will happen where a conference champ means something this year even though last year it meant nothing. The commitee is pretty trash. Can’t wait for the 8 bracket to happen there’s really no schools at that point that get left out. I know schools would want 12 and then 16 but 8 is really good when you think about it

Yeah, 8 gets you the P5 champs, G5 best, then the 2 best of the rest/ND. But that's 4 more games which is the issue.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

The committee wants historically prominent programs with large fan bases first and foremost. As I posted on the other thread the other day, you better be SEC, Big Ten, or Notre Dame/Oklahoma/USC, or else the commitee is going to do everything they can to exclude you in favour of those teams.

First rankings look alright to me. There will always be stuff to quibble over. LSU sticks out though. You lose to Troy, you are not a ranked team, sorry.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The committee wants historically prominent programs with large fan bases first and foremost. As I posted on the other thread the other day, you better be SEC, Big Ten, or Notre Dame/Oklahoma/USC, or else the commitee is going to do everything they can to exclude you in favour of those teams.

First rankings look alright to me. There will always be stuff to quibble over. LSU sticks out though. You lose to Troy, you are not a ranked team, sorry.

Again, why even have a playoff, just do a round robin of the top 10 schools with the biggest fanbases. If it's going to be exclusive to only the name programs just come out and say it, don't beat around the bush with your supposrd criteria just to dismiss it if the team isn't a name you like.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Again, why even have a playoff, just do a round robin of the top 10 schools with the biggest fanbases. If it's going to be exclusive to only the name programs just come out and say it, don't beat around the bush with your supposrd criteria just to dismiss it if the team isn't a name you like.

Hard to even consider it a playoff. It's basically the BCS but with humans instead of computers and 1 extra game. If the current rankings were to stand, that will be three P5 conference champions on the outside looking in. That is going to cause a shit storm. I would be surprised if there isn't a real threat of a breakaway division within the next 5 years if the format isn't expanded.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad