NCAA: 2017-18 Playoff/New Years Six Watch

Sep 19, 2008
Bryan D Fisher posted on Twitter, and I posted this in the GDT, that you could possibly see

ND - PSU semifinal (PSU now void IMO)

Alabama Clemson semifinal

Not bad at all. Only question is who takes PSU spot. Probably Georgia.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Alabama
Clemson I think will win the ACC
Big ten/Pac 12 winner
Nd as they don’t play anybody

Though what’s interesting is if Nd loses what’s it gonna be? I think they would do a NY6 ND Georgia rematch for the money. So big ten and pac 12? Ucf if undefeated?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Alabama
Clemson I think will win the ACC
Big ten/Pac 12 winner
Nd as they don’t play anybody

Though what’s interesting is if Nd loses what’s it gonna be? I think they would do a NY6 ND Georgia rematch for the money. So big ten and pac 12? Ucf if undefeated?

Pac 12 is done, even if Washington wins out they aren't one of the best 1 loss teams. A 1 loss Big 12 team should have a better resume then them.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Pac 12 is done, even if Washington wins out they aren't one of the best 1 loss teams. A 1 loss Big 12 team should have a better resume then them.

True I forgot that Oklahoma ony has 1 loss maybe okie state runs the table as well. Just replace pac for big 12

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
True I forgot that Oklahoma ony has 1 loss maybe okie state runs the table as well. Just replace pac for big 12

Don't think State will run the table they have a loss coming. Oklahoma or TCU look like the best bets to be the 1 loss champ. If it's Oklahoma they make the playoffs, TCU will be bumped for ND or Georgia/Alabama loser if it's a close game.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Let's say that Clemson runs the table, as does one of Wisconsin/Ohio St, and Alabama gives Georgia their only loss in the SEC Championship game. (Notre Dame loses somewhere to remove them from the picture).

Georgia ends up in the 4 spot. So we'd get to see them lose twice in a row to Alabama...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Georgia still has Auburn, G-Tech and and a pretty feisty South Carolina team. Fromm is going to have to make some plays to win a game or two down the stretch.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Let's say that Clemson runs the table, as does one of Wisconsin/Ohio St, and Alabama gives Georgia their only loss in the SEC Championship game. (Notre Dame loses somewhere to remove them from the picture).

Georgia ends up in the 4 spot. So we'd get to see them lose twice in a row to Alabama...

If Georgia destroys everyone and keeps it close with bama I don’t see Nd passing them. Georgia Nd bowl game with #6 whoever that is hopping up

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

I've been wondering about this. Would the committee really go with a CCG rematch as a playoff game? I have to think Georgia, should they lose the SECCG, would get moved down to #5 in that scenario unless a bunch of the 1-loss teams all lose again and chaos ensues. If it's Alabama that lost...it gets really interesting. Would the committee have the stones to keep them out? On the surface, there would be virtually no argument for their inclusion beyond "they're Alabama".

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I've been wondering about this. Would the committee really go with a CCG rematch as a playoff game? I have to think Georgia, should they lose the SECCG, would get moved down to #5 in that scenario unless a bunch of the 1-loss teams all lose again and chaos ensues. If it's Alabama that lost...it gets really interesting. Would the committee have the stones to keep them out? On the surface, there would be virtually no argument for their inclusion beyond "they're Alabama".

So a 1 loss Clemson in which it's loss was to a mediocre Syracuse is better than a 1 loss Georgia who's loss is to #1 Alabama? Georgia also has the better win between them right now too.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
So a 1 loss Clemson in which it's loss was to a mediocre Syracuse is better than a 1 loss Georgia who's loss is to #1 Alabama?

Not necessarily, but Georgia would have just lost in the last week of the season, while a hypothetical 1-loss Clemson would be coming off a victory in the ACCCG, possibly over an undefeated Miami team. And Clemson has the defending national champs thing going for them as well. I'd be extremely surprised if the committee opted for an SECCG rematch over "Part III of the Clemson-Bama Trilogy!"

The premise for any CCG rematch in a playoff game is weak. The loser just lost to the opponent in question on a neutral field, why should they be given a mulligan?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not necessarily, but Georgia would have just lost in the last week of the season, while a hypothetical 1-loss Clemson would be coming off a victory in the ACCCG, possibly over an undefeated Miami team. And Clemson has the defending national champs thing going for them as well. I'd be extremely surprised if the committee opted for an SECCG rematch over "Part III of the Clemson-Bama Trilogy!"

The premise for any CCG rematch in a playoff game is weak. The loser just lost to the opponent in question on a neutral field, why should they be given a mulligan?

I don't think should matter when you lose, but that matters to a lot of people.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Seriously, you shouldn't get a break because you shit the bed midseason and punished because you lost near the end. Resume wise they play USC and Auburn so you can compare those wins and both play a good schedule so you may have to look at the loss and Clemson has the worse one

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

The timing of a loss will be considered relevant by the committee if it is advantageous to the case of a Blue Blood over a less popular program. It will be considered moot if it would adversely affect the chances of said Blue Bloods.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. TCU
9. Wisconsin